1 Shortlands, Hammersmith International Centre, London, W6 8DR, United Kingdom

Hotels.com Novotel Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• eleonorrigby's Profile Photo

good quality in a good location

I spent at the hotel only one night, but I can say that would not regret if I would have stayed there longer. Firstly, it's quite conveniently located - Nearby metro station Hammersmith, close to bus stops. So to get to the center( as well as to other places in the city) is not difficult and not long. When you exit the subway there is a grocery store, and it seems to work
    till late, which is very handy for tourists. There are lot of shops nearby, including my beloved Marks & Spencer:)

My room was good size with very comfortable big bed. Normal-sized bathroom,clean and well equipped. Breakfast was served in the room and that was very convenient, do not waste time on the hike down. All of personal on reception are very friendly, helped me to make a photocopy of the documents free of charge, and called a taxi.
    In general, the hotel is a good quality in a good location.

• sweet_sentiments's Profile Photo

A hotel with a good location

Interior is very modern. The staff are helpful. We got to our hotel early and our room wasn't ready yet but they have a luggage room so we're able go out and grab something to eat without having to lug around our huge luggage. The room is clean and modern and looks new.

Unique Quality: Very close to the tube station, bus station, pubs and shopping centers.

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo

West Side Accommodations

Novotel was a good suprise when we arrived in London. Having not had a choice where we were to stay it turned out to be a wonderful location. Not in downtown London there was not a noise problem. Being so close to the tube station made it perfect headquarters for sightseeing. Not a bad area to walk around in and the people were wonderfully friendly. Our room was a "Novation" room and comfortable for the most part. I thought the bed was a bit firm for my liking but I think some of it had to do with the fact that it was a platform bed (wood,mattress, feather cover) Thank goodness for the feather liner! :) After a few days it was fine so it could have been the fact that I had Jet Lag also. :)There is a small sofa in the room and it also is a hide-a-bed. This would be a plus for small families. The shower was wonderful. It had a very large head and could slide out to become a hand held. Several diffrent settings on it. (I liked the rainfall) There was an in room minibar but there was a market on the corner and the tube station only 3 minutes away so we did not need to use anything in it. Besides just like everywhere else it was to spendy. The room also had an iron and a hairdryer in it. An electric teapot with the makings for either tea or instant coffee. The room was airconditioned which I was glad of and room service was available. The view was absolutely great and since the weather while we were there was good every day was stunning. Since we were in the west we could look out over the whole city. I think the only drawback was the sink was very slow to drain and the water had a funny smell so I always bought bottled water to have in the room. We would stay here again for sure.

Unique Quality: For a fee you can add breakfast each day to your stay. Our package included it and everyday but one we took advantage of it. It is a buffet style breakfast with some basic selections but a good way to start the day. Fruit cheese and bread selections were my favorites. They also had hot and cold cereals and a hot food area with sausages and such. This hotel is set up for business and conventions. They also have 2 restaurants and 2 bars within. For the tourists there is a Globus travel inside. They had some really great trips that we would have liked to do if we had had more time. There is a fitness room for those of you that need to do that everyday.

Directions: From Heathrow take the Picadilly (tube) to Hammersmith Station.
    From Gatwick take the Gatwick Express train to Victoria Station then take the Distrct (tube) to Hammersmith Station. Hammersmith Station is just a short walk to the hotel.

More about Novotel London West

London Italian

by thecatsmeow about Orsini

This is a nice little Italian restaurant located about a block from the Novotel London West. We had passed it several times so on monday we dropped in. Although not very busy when we went in it was very busy the next day. They offer take away (to go) food as well as eat in. Don and I both ordered pizza as that is what we wanted in the first place.
The menu also offered pasta dishes and some antipasta. Very nice desert menu. I had Irish Coffee Ice cream and Don had Limone which was a lemon filled with lemon ice cream. We also started our meal with some garlic bread. This was nothing real fancy although the table settings were very fancy. Overall a good experience.

"Don't forget the Prozac" .... supplementary

by TripAdvisor Member bragar

Well, we did go back to the Novotel West London a few days after my previous visit (see "Don't forget the Prozac) and I do have to revise my opinion in some respects:

Plus points:
*Our room was in warmer colours than the previous one - this made a big difference.
*We had dinner in the restaurant - absolutely excellent food, simple, carefully cooked with high quality ingredients, cheerfully and competently served (at 11pm!), and very good value.

Minus points:
The "no smoking" room absolutely stank of tobacco.
The bar is a joke. If you walk up for a drink at the counter you have to wait in line behind table service. The "system" for service consists of a ludicrous snowstorm of post-its. After 20 minutes we gave up.
The invitation on the desk in the room - to text the manager directly if any problems - produced a standard automated response and no action - what's the point?

Location good, everything else mediocre

by TripAdvisor Member coaster8

Like a lot of other reviewers, I chose this hotel because I was going to a concert at the Hammersmith Apollo. The location was great for that - easy walking distance. I would probably not stay there again though. I stayed with a friend and we checked in separately. When I got there, my friend had already checked in. When the front desk checked me in, it completely invalidated my friend's electronic room keys. Front desk people seemed very distracted during check-in and check-out, even though there were no other guests waiting. The air conditioning dripped to the point that a spot in the carpet directly underneath the unit was soaked and squishy by the time we checked out. The shower/tub floor was elevated several inches above the bathroom floor, with a very high tub wall, and nothing on the shower wall inside to hang onto. Made getting out very precarious. On the good side: gift shop was nice, concierge was very helpful (front desk was not even helpful in pointing out where the concierge was located) and the location was great for my purposes. On the whole though, not at all worth the money.

Don't Understand Why This Isn't Higher Up The League

I've stayed here twice over the last couple of years and have always found it excellent. I got a really good rate with breakfast the twice I was here and unlike many other hotels, the single room was large, bright and spacious. The staff were really helpful, even after the booking company on my first viist and booked me in for the wrong night, this was sorted without hassle or extra cost to me.
The reception area is bright and the food is good.
No complaints at all.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member echos

We had the pleasure of staying for 3 nights. The rooms were very pleasant, having being refurbished recently. Breakfast was a decent spread with a selection of cold and/or hot breakfast. The staff were also friendly and helpful.

However, parking at the hotel's carpark is not free for guests. Charges are a £1 an hour. Overall, we had an enjoyable stay.

My personal view

I stayed one night Bed and Breakfast at this hotel in Shortlands on the saturday 30-7-05.I paid with airmiles for the stay.I was on the 4th floor right on the corner of the building so i had good views on two sides.The room was spacious with good lighting,tv with remote and various foreign channels including a French,German and some other foreign ones.There was a Playstation attached and i paid the fee at reception and was ready to play The weakest link quiz game but unfortunately it wouldn't work [i was refunded the fee].The bathroom was spacious but was shower only and i always like a bath,shame.

Cheap but not luxurious

Stayed here 2 nights in May 05. The front enterance is very impressive, but is designed to welcome large coach parties, the main reception desk is one floor up in the lift.

As previous reviewers have noted, very impressive foyer but once you get to your room you know you are in a novotel, well that's OK for me as a actually like Novotels, the rooms are large, light and clean although the overall design is beginning to look a little dated now.

Breakfast the next morning was excellent with attentive service and a wide range of hot and cold choices.

Only downside is that the nearest tube station is a 10 minute walk away and is inside a small shopping centre - can make things slightly confusing

Novotel was fine for me!

by TripAdvisor Member silvergirlracer

I stayed here for one night for a confererence that was being held in the hotel the following day. The conference facilities were excellent.
For such a huge hotel I found the service to be polite and prompt.
The room was very clean and modern with a double bed and sofa bed. The bathroom was spotless although I found the design of the sink a little strange.
Breakfast was excellent and reasonable (for London prices) at £6.95 for a full English buffet plus fruit, muffins and cereals etc.
All in all a good stay and I would stay again.

Comments