Ormonde House Hotel

Travelocity Hotelsclick.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about London

ChapelChapel

17 century Apothacaries Hall, Blackfriars Lane17 century Apothacaries Hall, Blackfriars Lane

The lobbyThe lobby

Tower of LondonTower of London

Taxi fares

by web1948

Could anyone tell me the approx fare from the Holiday Inn Heathrow to Heathrow Airport please.
Thanks

Hi,
The above should read 'from the Premier Inn Heathrow to Heathrow Airport'.
Thanks
Wendy

by leics

Shuttle services (almost always available at airport hotels) will be cheaper than a taxi.

There is a Hoppabus shuttle from what I suspect is the hotel at which you will stay:

Hoppabus info here:

by johngayton

If it is the Premier Inn on Bath Road the Hoppa service runs quite frequently during the day, although less frequently in the evenings, with a journey time of about 15 minutes. If I remember correctly they also have a deal with a local taxi firm which I think was 12 pounds.

by web1948

Thanks for your replies, they've been a great help
Wendy

by johngayton

BTW If it is the Bath Road Premier Inn and you're looking for supper there's a great kebab place just down the road - DELISH!

Travel Tips for London

do everything you can!!! Our...

by nmac814

do everything you can!!! Our two favorite things were Tower of London and a visit to Notting Hill for the Portobello Road market. And for the love of Pete and all that's holy: run, don't walk, to Vama -- this unbelievably fantastic Indian restaurant near the South Ken tube stop! The garlic naan is indescribable!!! Our most memorable and funniest London moment: We had just left the British Museum and were walking down the street to find some mints...a homeless woman asked me for 10 quid. Now I've been asked by homeless people in Philadelphia for absurd amounts of money and I will usually ignore them...but I think I must have just stared at this homeless woman for a minute, 'cause she started to laugh and just said, 'That's rather alot to ask, isn't it?' It was one of those 'you had to be there' moments.

To use an audio guide or not???

by Jenniflower

Always a big question for us when we visit a place.

There are pros and cons to using an audio guide, but in our experience the pros outweigh the cons.

The audio guides we have used in London in the Tower of London, Cabinet War Rooms have been insightful and very useful.

They do have Beef Eaters giving tours in the Tower of London, but the crowds were huge when we went, and we didnt want to be stuck in a slow crowd, half the time, battling to hear what was being said.

We prefer to go at our own pace.

If you want to go away from somewhere knowing more than surface information, some information with some history and depth, then these are best. If there's a section you are not interested in, then you don't have to listen to it, you carry on to the next section.

The downside is that it can be an insular experience, and not enjoyed as a group. We do make sure we dont go walking off on our own too much, so we still experience things together.

The London Open Top Sighseeing Bus has someone chatting to you as you drive around the city, which is personally preffered (if they know their stuff, and don't feel the need to crack a joke every few minutes that is!).

Westminster Abbey This...

by chrissyalex

Westminster Abbey This beautiful church is famous as the resting place of Britain's monarchs. The Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II and the funeral of Princess Diana took place here. Another interesting thing, if you are a nurse, a chapel has recently been dedicated to all nurses by the Queen. I did not know about this when I was there, but some friends of mine visited it last year and told me about it.

Hyde Park - Speakers Corner

by ratherton

Where Oxford Street and Hyde Park meet, you will find Speakers Corner, a place which has been an attraction for over 150 years.

People may come here and address the public on any subject they want. There is no protocol for deciding who speaks, just turn up and away you go.

When we were there, we saw one guy talking about Jesus and no-one was listening. The last person I saw talking that enthusiastically with no-one paying any attention was my ex-wife.

Have a look at the website for more detail history about Speakers Corner

Travelcards

by KennetRose

Most Londoners have a Travelcard. You can get Travelcards for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, and longer periods. Obviously the longer the period the better value they are. You should have one for the length of your stay - it makes getting about so much easier.

Comments