2 Stanhope Row, Park Lane, London, W1J 7BS, United Kingdom

Costs 33% more and rated 29% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Park Lane Mews Hotel

Fantastic Hotel, Wouls definitely recommend

by TripAdvisor Member heather5019

I have stayed at the Park Lane Mews hotel on several occasions now and have never ever experienced anything other than a brilliant stay. I am a journalist who travels so am quite used to 4* hotels and I can honestly say this hotel is my favourite. The staff are courteous, polite and very helpful, the rooms are immaculate and spacious, the food is excellent and the hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. The location of the hotel is fabulous and I would recommend this hotel to anybody who enjoys the luxury a 4* plus can offer. Every time I am in London, this hotel is always my first choice!

Got a great price for a very good London hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Paul James Guernsey

My wife and I stayed at Park Lane Mews Hotel in October. We stayed overnight on a Sunday as we needed an early start on the Monday morning. We booked this hotel through Lastminute.com and only paid £76 which was an absolute bargain considering a Travel Inn is £85 in London. The hotel was one of their 'Top Secret' room only hotels but was easy to work out considering the normal B&B description was only a couple of hotels down on the list (and even this was only about £90 including English breakfast).

The hotel is about one minutes walk from the Hilton and so very close to Hyde Park and a not over distant walk to the museums or Oxford Street. There are excellent bus links and the tube isn't too far away at Hyde Park Corner or a hike (with luggage) from Marble Arch. The rooms were very good for London hotels, we have stayed in a number over the years and this was a good size room with a 42 inch plasma screen on the wall! The bathroom was adequate although not luxurious and the hotel facilities looked okay although we really only saw the lobby and our room. We were offered the opportunity to have breakfast when we checked in (at a supplement of course) but they didn't start serving until quite late (08:30??) so we didn't have time even if we did want it. I thought this was quite unusual to start serving so late, so check this out when booking if you need an early start.

Overall I would thoroughly recommend this hotel if you can get anywhere near as good a deal as we did. This was an above average hotel (especially for London) and well located for a quick stop over or a short break in London.

Be warned do not go anywhere near - disgusting staff/rooms/hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sal1986

BE WARNED IF YOU HAVE BOOKED THIS HOTEL CANCEL IT NOW...

We arrived at the hotel, the reception was crowded and the three chairs were all taken up, we were left in the entrance holding our bags for close to 15 minutes before even being acknowledged. Finally they sat us down and demanded my credit card for the room. I understand that all hotels take a credit card to ensure all charges are covered, however there was no mini bar in the room and so i enquired as to why they required the card. Obviously this was a sore spot and the rude reception staff immediately went on the defence. I gave up and handed over my card, we were told our room number and made our way to the room.
I believe the hotel may have reserved the room they gave us for people taking advantage of your "Top Secret" offer because there is no way any sane person would pay full price for it. I was desperate to use the bathroom, but was disgusted when i found hairs on the toilet! I couldn't use it and so moved into the man room which was discusting. There were wires hanging out everywhere, the room was unfinished, the carpet looked like someone had been sick or gone to toilet on top of, the wallpaper was hanging off and the ceiling looked like it was about to collapse, of course i too pictures which i have attached for you to see what you send your loyal customers to. I immediately phoned reception and demanded to speak to the manager, the man on the phone insisted he was the manager (een though i knew he was the rude guy on recpetion) and i complained firstly about the lack of customer service, and secondly about the state of the room. He offered to send the housekeeper up, and implied i had planted the hairs on the toilet! It was horrible, and if i could have afforded to walk out of there i would have. Eventually we were moved to another room, however the first thing i spotted was hairs on the pillow! (i thought at this point they were taking the mickey) by this point my boyfriend and i were late for a lunch date and so we just kept the room. I feel let down by lastminute.com, i love the "top secret" hotel deals, but this was a joke. I dont think anyone from the company could have ever seen/stayed at this horrific hotel because if they had there is no way it would be on your website. Please take the time to see my pictures and understand why i am so upset. i didnt expect a palace, but this place looked like a shed.

Mice infestation!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Trolleymaster

We booked our hotel through lastminute.com - I have always had great hotels in london and was looking forward to the quaintness of a small room, etc

We were told at our arrival (3.30pm an hour or so after checkin) that all rooms were booked and they were putting us in their apartment around the corner.

This apartment was definately not 4star - was sparce, not equipped with toilet roll or milk for the tea and coffee. There wasn't a phone to link to the hotel. You got a key which let you in to the room but you couldn't get into the building!!! You had to check in with the hotel and they would walk around with you and let you in - I mean really!

I would have put up with all of this - since it was only for one night if it wasn't for the small rat or mouse that ran in front of me the next morning.

When I went to complain the guy shrugged and said he would get his manager to call me....still waiting...

Terrible Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Pauline60

We stayed at the hotel at the end of April 07, we were celebrating our friends 60th birthday and my husband's 62nd. We booked it on line for 6 double rooms, when we arrived there was only one double room avaible. after much debate and time wasting we were assured by the receptionist that as guests booked out that morning she would secure the further 5 double bedrooms. We left our luggage in the foyer confident in the knowledge that all would be sorted out by that evening.
We arrived back at the hotel at about 11pm and were dumbfounded to find the two men at reception knew nothing of our bookings. also in reception were two other couples and family waiting for their rooms, they eventually offered us 1 double and 1 single room and an annex across the road for 4 people. As this was going on one of the receptionist got in a temper and walked out ( we wished we could). as it was now 2.30 am we accepted the rooms. Unbelievably the double allotted to us was already occupied by an elderly couple and when our friends used the key to get in the Lady was understandably as shocked as our friends.
consequently 2 more people had to come to the annex which meant 8 people sharing 2 double bedrooms, 4 people had to sleep on the floor and no bedding was provided ( this is a hotel no bedding!!!)
Sunday morning was a waste of time waiting for the manager who didn't show ( surprise). As we had to pay in advance we are still trying to get some compensation or apolagy

Stay well away

What a waste of money

by TripAdvisor Member kirst_3_3

I have stayed in some really nice 4* hotels in London, this was far from a 4* hotel. We arrived after a long train journey to be told our rooms were not yet available and to leave our bags in reception. We returned around 4 hours later to be told we had been upgraded to a 2 room apartment, which turned out to be a basement flat situated around the corner from the hotel, which at first glance seemed to be OK, until we spent the 1st night in there. Out of the 2 bathrooms only 1 had a shower and that was the worst shower i have ever experienced. The flat was the noisiest place i have ever stayed with noise from the upstairs apartment and noise from the road outside, we were kept awake both nights of our stay, when we mentioned this to reception on our 2nd night, he just shrugged and walked off, i have never experienced customer service as bad as this.

It is a real shame as the hotel is situated in a great location.

Great!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member hotelman07

i stayed at this hotel with my family, we walked in and straight away were greated by freindly staff. They helped us to are room and it was magnificent a nice big cossie bed complimentry molton brown toiletries. a big lcd television. during the evening we went down for dinner i ordered the steak my wife had lamb cutlets and my children had burgers we all loved it we were stuffed after. also the decorating of the hotel is extrimly warming and traditional. it is in the most perfect location in london. if you are planning a trip to london you have to saty there. A++++++

Watch Out for Falling Objects!

by TripAdvisor Member Arhoussa

I stayed at the Mews in beginning of September, mainly because of the location as the London office of the company I work for is just a few minutes walk away.
After reading all the awful reviews here where guests were put in separate buildings and encountered problems with the staff, I told them not to dare put me in any strange separate building, or they will have a huge scandal on their hands. Needless to say, they gave me a nice single room, very small, but adequate. Still, the carpets, and draperies looked like they needed a revamp or at least a good cleaning.
The clincher happened when I attempted to lower the blinds so I could have some privacy, and they came crashing down on my head, completely startling me. The staff looked very worried as I informed them of this incident, and had it fixed very quickly, I'll grant them that.
All else was ok, but just in case, beware of falling objects! And don't pull too hard on the window blinds.

When the basics aren't right...

by TripAdvisor Member Adventurat

Got this hotel through lastminute.com, as part of a hotel-theatre package, and I can see why it was the cheapest ("top-secret deal!") option. The staff were courteous but disinterested, and don't all seem to have the same information about things like the price and availability of parking. We were told by one person on the phone that parking in the hotel's lot was first-come, first-served, but that there was a place available at the time we spoke. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told by a different person to use the NCP parking lot under the Hilton. And on checkout, when I asked how we could get the hotel's rate at the parking lot, the fellow seemed astonished, and assured me that there was no special deal, and "our parking, madam? It's just our loading bay, and the manager parks there." When I suggested that he might like to ensure that all the staff were aware of the arrangements and price of parking, he simply shrugged and said, "I'll check with the young lady you spoke to, madam," which is a phrase as suggestive of abdication of responsibility as any I've ever heard.

To the room itself, however. The free wireless internet that is touted among the attractions of the place did not, in fact, work in our room. This was attributed (again with a disinterested shrug) to a problem with the router on the floor, but there seemed to be so sense that the problem could or ought to be sorted out. We had to go to the lobby, where the wireless worked perfectly, to pay our congestion charge online.

The all-marble bathroom bore the scars of recent work done to the pipes, as the tiles behind the toilet had obviously been removed and replaced - even the ones that had broken! The fiberboard panel on the front of the bathtub had obviously suffered some recent damage, too (probably from the same leak), and its corners had expanded and no longer fit into the panel frame properly. Only one of the two lights in the bathroom worked and the tub itself - deep, and its base a few inches higher than the bathroom floor - was tricky to get in and out of if you were less than perfectly agile. The light in the closet didn't work, either.

Some of this may sound overly particular, but it did occur to us to wonder whether, since the basics were so flawed and unreliable, the truly important stuff would be any better and whether we would, for instance, have fared well in the event of a fire or other disaster in this place and in the hands of a staff who so clearly didn't give a hoot.

Hated this hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member CandidCanda

I found this to be a terrible hotel and regret staying there. I found it so unappetising, with rodent bait in my smelly room, that in retrospect I would have preferred to have slept on a seat at the airport.

I was at the airport on my way back to Canada when my travel plans were changed for business reasons. Most of the London hotels were booked up but this one was available on lastminute.com. I now understand why.

Because of my work I stay in hotels for around 100 nights per year and this is certainly the worst hotel I have stayed at for some time.

I believe the hotel is classed as 4 star and I find it interesting that I manged to find a 3 star hotel to move into and the 3 star hotel was infinitely better and significantly cheaper.

I agree with the largely negative comments that have been posted about this hotel and really cannot understand how there are a few positive ratings. And yes, I found the claim of free internet access misleading as this was not available in the bedroom.

The hotel was unwelcoming, unappealing, uncomfortable and unpleasant.

Comments