239 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, SW1V 1EQ, United Kingdom

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• babelic's Profile Photo

Great location and beautiful modern hotel

We loved this hotel! We had booked the room through priceline and were a bit worried they would give us a cleaning closet to sleep in since we paid so little. ;) But we very pleasantly surprised when we saw our room. Beautiful modern decoration, roomy and king-sized bed.

Location is excellent as the Victoria station is a just two minutes on foot. Very convenient for airport transfer to Stansted as the buses go from Victoria. Walking distance to Wicked, Billy Elliot, Buckingham Palace etc. and great transport connections from Victoria - rail, tube and buses (both local and long distance).

• glamourprincess's Profile Photo

Large decent rooms and good location

The hotel is located near Victoria Station (just south east of Buckingham Palace). We stayed at the hotel for three nights. We arrived quite early, a few hours before check-in, but fortunately they had an available room for us. The reception area was really nice and I loved the Christmas decorations. The rooms were nice and large, nothing too impressive, but at least it was clean. The bed was comfortable as well. Despite being central London we were never bothered by any noise from traffic.
    Things I did like: large comfy bed, bathtub, safe, location, air condition. They store your luggage until you're room is ready/departure.
    Things I did not like: hairdryer was just aaawful, you had to pay £12 a day to use the wireless internet connection (even in Ibiza it was free!!)

Unique Quality: The location is almost perfect. It is a short walk to the tube and train station (perfect if you're travelling to Gatwick airport), it is nearby London attractions such as Buckingham Palace and Piccadilly Circus. The rooms are large and modern. I would probably stay here again, but it was a bit expensive so I might find a cheaper alternative next time.

Directions: Just southeast of Victoria Station

• Magvictoria's Profile Photo

GREAT!!!

in a week I am going to stay there again!!! and I am glad i got this hotel from Secret Hotels deal on lastminute.com

it is very modern! staff is wonderful!! rooms are rather nice for even US standarts. I cannot recommend it highly enough))

• changedforgood's Profile Photo

Perfect location

I stayed here for 6 nights in October 2006 after choosing it because of its location. It's one block from Victoria Station, where you can catch the Tube, a bus, or the train. It is also very close to Buckingham Palace (about a 10 minute walk) and several shows, including Wicked and Billy Elliot. The room and private bathroom were spacious by European standards and included American outlets, in-room safe, hair dryer. I hung the Do Not Disturb sign out continuously after the second night since I didn't really feel the need to have them make the bed, ect. every day. On the second day of this they called me just to make sure I was OK and to see if I needed anything.

Unique Quality: Great service, location perfect, especially for catching public transportation.

Directions: 1 block south of Victoria Station.

• arnesk's Profile Photo

Stylish and high standard

I stayed here with a large group. It was clearly very high standard.

The only negative aspect I can come up with was the area. Not far from the action, but not in it either. But if you can afford to stay at this hotel, you can probably afford taxis too.

• APIA05's Profile Photo

A Plaza let down

I recently tried to book a two day conference in March and was told information regarding dates, prices etc would be sent via e-mail. The business centre assured me the information would arrive shortly and I am still waiting two weeks later. (I have since found a different venue). I have stayed at this hotel on numerous business trips and each time found the experience a disappointment.

The hotel is very appealing with its large glass front, large wooden reception area, incredible pieces of art and excellent decor. However, do not be fooled! It's frosty, aloof staff is so dreadful, you'll be left wondering why you have paid for £180.00 per night to stay when so many good quality 4 - 5 star hotels are on offer.

The location is across the road from Victoria Train Station, 15 minute walk from Victoria Coach Station and 20 minute train/bus ride into the heart of London.

Onsite Fitness Centre including Swimming Pool, Gym, Sauna, Steam Room and Beauty Treatments available for additional cost. Conference Facilities, good facilities in each room, TV, toiletries, Mini bar etc.

JB’s Restaurant offers a European Cuisine at good value, catering for vegetarians with an impressive wine menu.

JB’s Bar with a large selection of cocktails, at 4star hotel prices, and is the perfect location to come and get away from the hustle and bustle of bars/pubs in Victoria. Although a glass of wine will set you back £3.70 for house white.

Unique Quality: The decor is amazing and the pieces of art through the lobby area and bar will amaze you.

Long sticks wearing a pair of Jeans and a 7ft painting will inspire.

More about Park Plaza Victoria London

Super weekend

by TripAdvisor Member philippa1

We've just returned from a weekend in London staying at the Victoria Park Plaza. This is a lovely hotel, very centrally situated - we were able to walk virtually everywhere we wanted to. We would definitely stay there again and have recommended it to friends who will be staying at Easter.

We filled in the customer questionnaire and made one or two suggestions (not criticisims!) and when we got home we received a letter thanking us for taking the time to do so and entering us for a draw. This is a first for us - we always fill in the questionnaires wherever we go - but we have NEVER received a response until now. Well done Victoria Park Plaza.

Good clean fun

My mother, my cousin, two of her friends and I just came back from 5 nights/6 days in London and used the Victoria Park Plaza as our home away from home. The hotel was well appointed and clean. The staff--especially our young concierge, Dan-- made the trip especially nice. Being novices to the city and only armed with a copy of "London for Dummies", we relied on the staff's recommendations and were never disappointed. If you are visiting London for all London has to offer--I highly recommend the Victoria Park Plaza for a no nonsense home base.

class, style and value

by TripAdvisor Member highet

stayed here late march for 2 nights - very nice hotel - stylish furnishings/comfy beds/lovely bathrooms/well located/good price thro hotels.com only 2 slight criticisms - had to phone reception and ask for room to be made up after first night at 3pm as they had forgotten but rapidly attended to and courtesy call to check - same problem with mini bar as others - merely opening it seems to charge items automatically to your room but again reception rapidly sorted it out - could thoroughly recommend victoria park plaza to all

Great Modern London Hotel

Stayed here last week while on vacation, selected based on previous tripadvisor.com comments. Very nice hotel in the center of London near Victoria Station and Underground (2 block walk), a 21st century hotel with cool modern art deco. Super modern rooms with huge (American-Style) bathrooms, high-speed internet access also. Had UK / EU / and USA outlets. Comfortable rooms / beds. Very professional staff. Excellent English / Continental Breakfast. Very clean (2-3 yrs old). Had a nice health club as well. 5 minute walk to Buckingham, 10 minutes to Westminster / Thames. Would highly recommend and would return to in the future.

Victoria Park Plaza Hotel

by MarkJochim

It's been an interesting week for my travels. First, my Australian tour operator cancelled the land portion of my scheduled trip to China. I spent some time rearranging an independent trip just visiting Beijing and Shanghai.

This morning, my British tour operator emailed me that they had deemed the hotel I'd been booked into for my London trip (going to see Bruce Springsteen there at the end of this month) had been deemed too dirty (Crystal Palace Hotel).

They upgraded us (at no extra charge) into the Victoria Park Plaza Hotel, near Victoria Station. Can anyone tell me about this hotel? How nice is it?

Re: Victoria Park Plaza Hotel

by YVRDave

You will be happy.

Re: Victoria Park Plaza Hotel

by Matisse12

hi, I think the Victoria Park Plaza will be perfectly fine. The location is superb....we stayed near there at a b&b hotel, and it is within walking distance of Buckingham Palace, etc, and you can hear Big Ben! Vic station, of course, gives you access to EVERYWHERE! Enjoy!

Comments