Parkcity London

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 32% less and rated 28% higher than other 2 star hotels

• dbeatty's Profile Photo

Friendly and Helpful

We booked this hotel online after viewing results from Trip Advisor. We found the hotel to be very comfortable, clean, quiet and in a lovely neighborhood. We spent our first night on the fourth floor which was very warm and then we moved down to the first floor which was much better. The fourth floor room was very small but the first floor room was better. Everything worked fine. The bed was comfortable. The staff was very helpful and nice. Our concierge was a young french girl who was very knowledgeable and helpful. The undergrounds were a bit of a walk away. I would recommend this hotel. It's about a 20 minute cab ride from Victoria Station.

Directions: Cross street is Marloes Road.

More about Parkcity London

The best hotel I have ever stayed in

The Park City is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I travel a lot for business and have stayed in several hotels in London for three weeks or more, including 5* hotels. However, The Park City offered a level of service that far surpassed anything I have seen elsewhere and made my stay one that is memorable for the best service I have ever received.

The hotel is well-situated just 5 minutes walk from Earl's Court Tube and 7-8 minutes walk to Gloucester Road Tube; this makes it close to Earl's Court Road with all their local shops and amenities. The lobby, restaurant, bar and all the rooms I saw were beautifully appointed. The hotel is less than a year old and therefore boasts newly fitted bathrooms, plasma tv screens, cd players etc in the rooms. A keyboard remote control allows you to send emails via your tv (or you can have a free ethernet cable from reception) and the entertainment allows you to choose from a very wide range of up-to-date movies. Although each room is different (mine included a balcony), all were beautiful and kept immaculate by housekeeping (who one day cleaned and reorganised my room so well that I actually gasped at the great service).

For anyone who is considering a long stay, The Park City really does offer a home-away-from-home atmosphere. Immediately all the staff learnt my name and greeted me personally each day. The Park City staff are intelligent in anticipating needs and efficient in dealing with all requests. I must compliment the kitchen for preparing meals that were perfect, even given my specific directions and Sebastian, the best bartender I have encountered, who used his encyclopedic knowledge of drinks and the industry to prepare perfect aperitifs every night.

Try The Park City once and I am sure you will be hooked - I am and I am looking forward to the next time I will be able to stay there.

Simply devine!

I have stayed at The Parkcity although I live in London - simply because my boyfriend surprised me with a treat!
From arriving at the hotel - located in a lovely quiet area in Kensington - to check-in right through to check-out and waiting for our cab to arrive EVERYTHING was fabulous!
I especially recommend having breakfast/lunch and/or dinner in the fantastic garden (we were soo lucky with the weather)! The restaurant staff were attentive, though not overbearing, and the food is excellent! Lovely mediterranean/Italien cuisine - try the Tuna Tartar for starters!
The bar has good drinks and very suprising beer-based cocktails. Sounds weird, is perfect for a hot summer day! I could actually spent all day long sitting on the decking in one of those fab relaxing loungers - you just don't want to get up any more!
The room was perfect as well, good air condition and supercomfi bed. The big TV was a special treat for my boyfriend - had a hard time dragging him away from the World Cup matches!
The staff in general are very friendly and give very personalised service!
I will definitely use this hotel for family and friends (although I live on the other side of London), but this willl give me a chance to go back!
I didn't really want to leave, but unfortunately had to go back to work on Monday :-(

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member raiden

My wife and I stayed at Parkcity for 8 nights in late May 06. We chose this hotel after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed! The hotel is exactly what the reviews had said and pictures posted.

From the time we booked our hotel (via internet) to our last day, we were impressed with the hotel and its staff. Checking-in was hassle free and the hotel gave us exactly the type of room we wanted (king size bed, non-smoking). When we got to our room, we were greeted with a small plate of chocolates and a card from the Asst GM welcoming us to the hotel. A very nice personal touch.

The room was big enough for the two of us with space left for storing our luggages. A nice quirky aspect of the room is the bathroom which is accessed via a small staircase/landing. (we were staying in room 201). The black-out curtain did its job very well and we had to look at the Bose radio clock to know the time of morning! All the rooms in Parkcity are air-conditioned (with heater option) and the air-conditioning is strong and not noisy. As mentioned by other reviewers, the bed was of utmost comfort - not too hard and not too soft. The room and bathroom were kept very clean and tidy everyday.

And the hotel is very well situated. It is on Lexham Gardens - a very nice and quiet neighbourhood and you can't hear the traffic from Cromwell (which is a busy main road). Just round the corner is the Sainsbury supermarket. It is a 8-10min walk to Gloucester tube station which we think is a more straightforward option and nearer than Earl's Court station (abt 8-10min walk too).

The staff were friendly and helpful and provided good advice, esp when we were booking transport to the train station.

We had dinner at Lessandro one night and food was good (not great).

For the price we paid, we got a great hotel with quality amenities and service. We will certainly stay there again if we are in London. Highly recommended.

An excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member PenA1976

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for a sightseeing trip, following the recommendations found on TripAdvisor, and we were not disappointed.

Upon our arrival, we were greeted by a friendly receptionist and we were shown quickly to our room. We had booked a deluxe room and we were not disappointed.

The room (407) had a large comfy king sized bed, desk, mini bar, lots of wardrobe space, Bose radio alarm clock, flat screen tv, and most importantly, an air-conditioning unit which worked very well! The room (including the bathroom) was kept spotlessly clean, along with a turn down service in the evening. One tip that we would give you is to take your own tea/coffee making facilities since these are not supplied within your room.

On one evening we ate in the outside section of the bar and we found that the food was lovely (hamburger with chips, along with homemade mayonnaise and burger) and the service very good. We also had room service on another evening and the food appeared within 15 minutes and was really lovely (we even received a phone call to ask whether spaghetti would be okay instead of taglietelli !!!). Our rate did not include breakfast, but we ordered 1 contintental breakfast between two people and there was plenty for both of us and it turned up at the time requested.

The hotel was spotlessly clean in the communal areas and the staff very helpful.

A tube station (Gloucester Road) was about 10 mins walk away, and it was easier to find than Earls Court. A supermarket could be found around the corner, and plenty of restaurants and shops close by (near to the tube station).

This hotel is one of the best we have ever stopped at because it is such a small and personal hotel (in our opinion these types are much better than the large chains) and we would definitely return here if we return to London.

Hidden Gem

by TripAdvisor Member kincaid

Just spent saturday night at this gem of a place. I booked it over the internet after reading all the good reviews.
Really lovely interior, very clean rooms. Nice bar very cosy. Staff were all very happy and attentive.
There is a lovely courtyard that you can sit in and enjoy a cold beer.
My boyfriend loved the lcd tv (he now wants one).
we will definetaly return when we next plan a trip to london.

Spoiled from the day we arrived..

by TripAdvisor Member Wiley065

This hotel proves hat you don't have tp pay 5 star prices to get 5 star attention. The staff was delightful, I would like to thank each of them by name because each one of them greeted me by name, on a daily basis. It was wonderful! The breakfast was beautiful and delicious. The piano bar was cozy and the pianist was extra-ordinary!
We stayed in an executive room and the bathroom was 4 steps up - it was like loft living - just the perfect amount of space! The standard rooms were exactly the same but smaller - the perfect size for someone who has meetings all day and just really wants a comfortable bed and frsh surroundings. We were spoiled by the Molton Brown products in each room and the thick bath towels and robes! The outdoor gardens were a welcome change to indoor tea parlours, a glass of wine sitting curled up in an overstuffed garden chair!
We will return again - the location was convenient (dont miss the Abington restaraunt down the road..) nestled between Earls Court and Gloucester Road and the facilities immaculate!

Best Service in London

by TripAdvisor Member ToddParis

I've stayed in probably two dozen London hotels, some cheaper, many more expensive. I have never had a more pleasant hotel experience. Service was exceptional and genuine. Hotel is spotless, new and understated. Room was very large (although I did see another room of the same class which seemed slightly smaller). Breakfast room is elegant and a breath of fresh air. Forget stuffy London hotels - I only hope the consistently good reviews this place gets doesn't mean it will become too hard to get in.

Perfect

This hotel is by far the best hotel in London that I have stayed in. I have never seen better service and facilities. It was expensive but for a change we got what we paid for. Hotels in London are often too expensive and woeful but the Parkcity was a breath of fresh air during a very hot weekend. We had a standard room which was spotlessly clean and had air conditioning. We were shown to our room by the receptionist, then the porter brought us up our luggage. The plasma tv was great and the bed exquisite. Lots of room to move around, a choice of shower heads to use on the bathroom, a bath (always nice) and Molton Brown extras which I loved. I really liked the bar as well, nice dim lighting and we also sat outside in the garden at the back which was like a haven from the buzz of the city, we couldn't hear any noise from the main road at the front at all. We had breakfast outside as well, they couldn't do enough for us, we were gobsmacked when we got our toast with the crusts cut off! Now that is service! We also for a complementary newspaper every morning which was a nice touch. The only downside was that we had to leave!!! I could have quite easily stayed there for quite a long time! There was no problem leaving our luggage there on our last day as we had a late night fllight. All in all it is a hotel that many others could learn a few things from in terms of service, cleanliness and the genuine friendliness of the staff.

Wonderful

We ended up staying here because our other hotel double booked us and therefore arranged for our room here. Even though I'd wanted to stay in a place with an older charm, the modern decor was nice and refreshing. Service was excellent. Everything from the crisp bed to the flat screen tv to the clock radio that sounded like a good speaker system to the turned-down bed at night was great! We took the disability-accessible room since we were checking in early and the shower was pretty fun. And by the way, it is a 4-star hotel, not 3 as it says on tripadvisor.

Comments