Parkes Hotel

AMOMA.com

More about Parkes Hotel

My favourite hotel

by TripAdvisor Member keke22

As a regular business traveller I have stayed at Parkes Hotel on more than 30 separate occasions. On my first visit I was thrilled with the easily accessible phone port and power sockets above the desk, the adjustable lighting, the great bathrooms with fantastic showerheads and the wonderfully comfortable beds. Oh, and I musn't forget to mention the maxi-bar - you'll know what I mean when you see it. The service, visit after visit, has been exceptional. I will miss them all very much when I finally get my own London flat!

WOW! The BEST.

Parkes Hotel is an incredible place to stay!
The Staff Fabulous and the location really is just around the corner from Harrod's.
The rooms are well appointed, the towels are HUGE and luxurious, bedding as well. The Staff really are helpful and eager to please. I arrived early and the room happened to be available so they let me check in early...they made car arrangements and the breakfast was excellent. Free wireless internet made doing business very simple and the Molton Brown bath products were great. I will ALWAYS stay here, they have won my business and personal travel dollars!

Better than home!

by TripAdvisor Member kitty33

I love hotels, and I spend a lot of time researching them whenever my husband and I travel to make sure that we stay in a place that enhances our experience of the location. However, invariably, at the end of any hotel stay, no matter how grand, I am always glad to return to the comfort of home. Not so with regard to the Parkes. It has been five days since we returned home from our stay at the Parkes in London, and as I sit at home after a busy day at work, I find myself wishing that I could return to the comfort of that place.

My husband and I recently spent four nights at the Parkes on a special trip to London with our mothers. This was a special treat for both of them, and I spent a lot of time planning to make sure things were just right. I chose the Parkes because we had stayed in Beaufort Gardens at a different hotel on our last trip to London, and loved the location on this quiet, tree lined cul-du-sac in the middle of bustling Knightsbridge. Another factor in choosing the Parkes was the great packages they offered on Luxury Link for four nights in a junior suite, including breakfast each day, theatre tickets or airport transfers, champagne and flowers. I booked two of these packages for our moms and booked a superior one bedroom suite for my husband and me. I spent months corresponding with the staff by e-mail to make the theatre arrangements, airport transfers and other little details. They were always prompt, courteous and helpful in their responses to my e-mails.

Parkes is a small townhouse hotel which consists of two houses converted into luxurious rooms, suites and comfortable public spaces. We arrived at the Parkes and were shown promptly to our rooms. As we arrived at each of our rooms, we were astonished by their beauty. My mother-in-law stayed in room 22 which was a magnificent junior suite with extremely high ceilings, opulent furnishings, crystal chandelier, floor to ceiling french doors looking out over the street and a lovely balcony with small dining table and chairs. I have never seen a more romantic, lovely room. My mother stayed in room 70 which was another junior suite with steps down to a posh bedchamber, high ceilings and its own special character. Our room, number 78, was beyond words. Two huge rooms on two different levels with huge living/dining room, small, but well appointed and terrifically modern kitchenette, and a beautiful bedroom.

All rooms featured magnificent floor to ceiling marble-clad bathrooms with high quality fixtures, deep soaking tubs, heated floors, magnifying mirrors and the greatest rainshower I have ever experienced. Bathrooms were appointed with a huge selection of full sized Molton Brown toiletries. What a treat! The rooms also featured the largest and most well stocked minibar that I have ever seen, large, well lit wardrobes with ample closet and drawer space and furnishings and fabrics that were broken in just enough to feel comfortable and inviting without being shabby. All of the bed and bath linens were top of line and simply divine. The feather beds and duvets were so comfortable that it was hard to get up every morning.

The hotel is small and intimate and has a wood paneled lounge with internet access and a lovely lower level breakfast room serving a wonderful continental or full English breakfast each morning. Despite its beautiful furnishings and surroundings, the biggest asset this hotel has to offer is its staff. I have never met a more hard working, pleasant, helpful and competent group of people in my life. They provided everything from restaurant recommendations, to sightseeing tour tickets to pleasant friendly conversation with the greatest ease and efficiency. Every request was was fulfilled instantly and by the time we left, each one of them knew us by name. The housekeeping was impeccable with twice daily maid service, yet, we never saw a housekeeper the whole time we were there. Since the hotel only has three to four rooms per floor, I think one housekeeper is assigned to a floor. They must keep track of everyone's comings and goings because everytime we left the room, even for an hour, everything was magically neat and straightened when we returned.

I could go on and on about our stay at the Parkes, but I will sum up by saying that it really felt like a home away from home. There are many hotels that make this claim, but the Parkes truly delivers. For a magical stay in a magical city, try the Parkes. You won't be disappointed. It is worth every penny.

Best Hotel we've stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member lazigirl

Wonderful hotel, beautiful spacious rooms, best shower anywhere, best mini-bar we've ever seen, even the cotton bedlinen felt like silk. Staff were welcoming, helpful, friendly and down to earth, a bonus given the hotel's position just around the corner from Harrods. We had an excellent deal from Last minute which included buffet breakfast. Would love to stay there again as a couple, but if we were taking the kids, it would be wasted and we would stay somewhere cheaper. There were children in the hotel and I think they would well looked after.

Best and most definitely the friendliest hotel in London

by TripAdvisor Member stanapark

Stayed here for the second time and it really is the best hotel in London we have stayed in. Just had a wonderful weekend in one of their superior suites . The hotel is brilliant - staff are friendly and very welcoming, the rooms are of a very high standard (even the basic rooms) and are spotlessly clean.

The breakfast room is lovely and the food excellent - it's just a real home from home - in fact we never want to go home !

Absolutely Fantastic!!!!!!!

I stayed at this Hotel with my young son. The staff simply could not do enough. The suite was perfection, and the location was simply superb. Virtually next door to Harrods. I would highly recommend and I will certainly be re-visting.

Great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member TimH

This is a wonderful small hotel with a 'family run' feeel but with small touches that make it a good luxury hotel. The location is great for Harrods, the V&A, etc. The staff are friendly and helpful, not at all stuffy. The fixtures and fittings, toiletries, etc. are high quality. Have to mention the beds - really excellent! In summary, we were very very happy with our stay here...

Best Kept Secret In London

I stay at this hotel regularly and cannot rate it highly enough. The rooms are beatufully presented, are full of high quality furnishings and bathroom products, but perhaps most importantly the staff are magnificent.
From the porters thru to the M.D they are overwhelmingly helpful, from sorting out parking meters, to cleaning your shoes overnight, to booking excellent restaurants they are a credit to the industry.
I would absolutely reccomend this hotel to anyone who values courtesy and service together with excellent fascilities.

Great Choice, but oh, the teapots and porridge!

by TripAdvisor Member susafox

We stayed at Parkes last week and the previous reviews on this site are spot-on. A gem tucked into a quiet street. Service excels. My mother in law stayed in a single room which she rated as a closet, so do be aware of the size if you have a single room.

Staff could not have been friendlier, nor more helpful. Everything we asked they had an answer or stopped what they were doing to research.

My only disapointment was with their breakfast. For someone allergic to eggs there was little choice. No porridge, just dry oat flakes, which they would add hot water to upon request. Tea was served in plastic teapots, a true letdown when you are particular about your tea. For the price of breakfast they need to upgrade their teapots and offer better non-egg options.

That aside, we will return.

House number One and a HalfHouse number One and a Half

High Voltage festival, East London, UK.High Voltage festival, East London, UK.

The Legendary Rough Trade record storeThe Legendary Rough Trade record store

Much too smart. And the socks!Much too smart. And the socks!

Accomodation Near Stansted Airport

by boocik04

I'll be arriving London from Vienna at the Luton Airport late night on the 18th May and early the next morning (19th May - 7am) I have a flight back to my hometown departing from Stansted Airport. Any suggestions on a clean and affordable place to stay for 5 people near Stansted Airport?

Thank you very much for your responses :-)

by hawkhead

We stayed at the Express by Holiday Inn - a good value and clean slightly above budget hotel (is part of the Holiday Inn portfolio). Good included buffet-style breakfast. Also run a shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel and vice versa.

by RhineRoll

I also stayed at the Holiday Inn which is a good compromise between location and value. Just wanted to add that the bus shuttle does not run during the nighttime hours and you then need to take a taxi -- if I remember correctly this came to about 7 pounds, it's about 1 mile and a half.

by JohnMcIntosh

1: Hintlesham Hall
Ipswich, Suffolk, UK
A great house with an international reputation for excellence
2: Hotel Felix
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK
A stylish and contemporary home away from home in Cambridge
3: Kesgrave Hall Hotel
Ipswich, Suffolk, UK
An 'uber cool' experience with plenty of wow
4: St Michael's Manor
St Albans, Hertfordshire, UK
Village charm and lakeside gardens in historic St Albans

by hawkhead

You shouldn't confuse the Express by Holiday Inn with the holiday Inn - both are at Stanstead Airport. We stayed at the Express by Holiday Inn - we arrived at the airport around 20.00 and the shuttle was certainly running then.

by RhineRoll

I was referring to the same HI Express hotel. The hotel shuttle bus does not operate from 0:00 to 04:00. My flight was scheduled to arrive at 23:30 but was delayed and touched down well after midnight.

by hawkhead

Sorry Rhineroll - merely a linguistic misunderstanding..... as in "nighttime"!

by RhineRoll

well yes, that's why I added the exact hours -- "late at night" is also a vague term, after all. Companies like Ryanair love these late hours, though, so it is not entirely out of the question for someone to arrive at the bus stop/taxi booth past midnight.

Actually, for budget minded people, it is quite a good idea to arrive late, stay at Stansted and then go to London early on the next morning. This enables them to have time to approach the airport of departure (in my case, I am coaching a basketball team on Fridays till 8 PM), avoid staying at an expensive London hotel, yet have enough time for sightseeing. The transfer from Stansted to London will always be necessary, thus it can be neglected in terms of cost.

BTW Stansted Express also stops running at midnight and I think this is also true for the coach companies. In my case, because I cannot use the coaches, choosing to stay at a Stansted hotel also was the safe option. I also witnessed several people on my delayed plane apparently having to take a taxi to London. Ouch.

Disadvantage of spending the night at Stansted: no place to leave the luggage and return to during the day (i.e. in order to take a nap or freshen up). Also not practical for people who want to experience the London nightlife.

Comments