Plaza On The River - Club And Residence

Plaza on the River - Club and Residence
Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Plaza On The River - Club And Residence

A mini home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member dsmLondon

My boyfriend and I stayed Sunday night to Tuesday morning, wanting a private, romantic break- which was delightfully achieved.
The hotel itself is confusing, walking into the Park Plaza, however, once finding the room it is lovely. We chose the One Bedroom Suite which was perfect. A kitchenette (microwave/oven + 2 hob stove), living room (2 seater- slightly uncomfortable-sofa) and lovely Bedroom with separate Bathroom. Although we only had a partial view of the river facing Battersea, I would have preferred looking out towards Westminster.
The basic accessibility of the rooms, the lovely walk along the Southbank to food and drinks and the loveliness of the rooms made it a lovely experience.
The only downfalls were the noise of the South eastern trains going past in the mornings (only if you're a light sleeper) and the aggressiveness of the nice girl who wanted to clean our room at around 12pm whilst we were indisposed. There was also a carpark alongside the building which could have posed a problem was it not Bank Holiday monday.

most helpful and best staff I've ever seen

by TripAdvisor Member Kleene_Berlin

I had the pleasure to enjoy a complimentary night in the opening phrase of this property! We've got one of the best suites I think, with a fantastic view over the Themse and London Eye!
You will feel like home after check in... With your own kitchen and your own little flat.
Although the hotel was in the opening phrase, everybody was completely professional and as far as I know I've never enjoyed such a great service before.
Thank you for this great property in London and I will always come back- definately.

Splendid!

by TripAdvisor Member Axel_Kruse

London is fantastic as it is, but this hotel added significantly to our experience: the room is spacious, the interior design first rate and the service impeccable. The view, however, is just mindblowing. It's even better than the one from that amazing apartment in Woody Allen's "Match Point"...

And if you ever miss breakfast, there will be a cute little bakery on your left when you walk to the subway station.

Best views in town!

by TripAdvisor Member Mandy9

I spent a weekend with 3 friends at this hotel and we all loved it - we had fantastic views, and the location can't be bettered. Our rooms
were large and luxurious - will definately visit again.

Loved it. I could not have asked for a better experience.

by TripAdvisor Member Tonomeis

I meant to write this sooner, but later is better than never :-)

Last April, My friend and I stayed at Plaza on the River for the first 3 days of a European Vacation, and then again for the last 2 days before heading back to the US. The staff was friendly, professional and informative. The suites (a great 1 bedroom suite for the 1st 3 days and an awesome 2 bedroom suite the last 2 days) were modern, tastefully decorated, clean, comfortable, with all the comforts of home. In addition, the veiw of the Thames from the each suite was amazing. One word describes my stay...Perfect.

I highly recommend Plaza on the River. It will be my home away from home on all future trips to London.

Amazing!

by TripAdvisor Member ladesull

Our stay was perfect! The staff and accommodations were everything that we expected and more. From the moment we checked in the team at Plaza on the River was pleasant, friendly and extremely helpful. Our suites were in great condition and exactly as they said they would be. Even extending our stay was not troublesome. Upon checking out my credit card company gave me trouble and the team did all of the legwork for me making it as stress-less as possible. This is somewhere I would recommend to others traveling in an instant and I will absolutely stay here when I visit London again. Thank you for an superior stay!

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member kiwi2007

Just stayed with this hotel qnd found it really modern, upbeat and with really friendly front desk staff - thanks to Irina & Cecile! Nicholas seems to run a 'tight ship' behind the scenes
The rooms are really e-smart and well designed and it is easy to stay in the hotel and forget about the rest of london. \the restaurant has very good food and the bar seems to always be full of people - easy to slip into once the rest of \london shuts down between 12am and 2 am!
The real plus of this place is the staff and their willingness to oblige and reluctance to ever get flustered - well done team!
Again - many thanks and \i will definately be back!

NickQ

Home from Home

by TripAdvisor Member HOLIDAYoholic

We were a little confused when we arrived as there were two check-in desks within the same buidling and we went to th wrong one, but the staff were polite and friendly. Once checked in we were able to go to our room which was a good suprise as we had arrived early at 11:30am.

The room was great, literally a home from home, with microwave, fridge, dishwasher.....and all the little exras you would expect. The decor was sumptious and very comfortable, with a huge bed!

The hotel is a 5minute walk from Vauxhall station so not difficult to get to. The only thing missing for me was pool, other than that the hotel has everything else.

One critism I do have though, is I was not a fan of the restaurant. The waiters and waitresses were nice but the atmosphere and decor was cold and the room was quite echoey and loud. The food was also not to my taste with a very simple dessert menu. I never stayed in the hotel for breakfast but would definetly recommend you go out to eat in the evening.

Absolute Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member Merc200

I planned a suprise birthday weekend for the man in my life and knowing how much he adores London, i thought the views the hotel offers would be ideal...
On receiving my booking the Guest Relations Supervisor, Sunil, was in touch straight away offering all they could to make our stay as near to perfect as there was and he didn't fail on delivering. Sunil simply went out of his way to help me organise the perfect stay with champagne, rose petals, candles, soft music, breakfast... you name it they did!
I arrived earlier than the Birthday Boy to ensure the suite was just right and as soon as i arrived and escorted in whilst the valet took care of my car, i was greeted by Yves who knew of all my requirements and finer details even before i could introduce myself. The suite was perfect and as the whole treat was a complete suprise from the other half, when he arrived, Yves greeted him, again, before he could introducce himself and was escorted to the suite.
I cannot thank them enough for making this birthday treat so very special. Yves and Sunil went above the call of duty to ensure everything within the suite (which offered amazing views of the Thames and Houses of Parliament) was perfect as well as organising taxi's in total secrecy to restaurants from the Birthday Boy!
There is nothing they could have done to make the stay anymore special - i know i have repeated myself so often in this review, but it was class perfection from the moment of arriving to departing.... when the valet brought out our cars on departing it seemed a fox had decided to run around on both cars whilst parken in their garage, Stephen, the doorman, took care of it and washed up both cars... again, completely in awe of quality service.
I would stay there again and again and again!
Thank you Sunil and Yves and Plaza on the River for making our stay one that will always be talked about!

Not as good as it could be

by TripAdvisor Member Rugby09

Although this is billed as a 5 star hotel with excellent service, the reality of check-in anytime from 5pm to 6.30pm is long queues. Likewise for breakfast, ideally be down before 7am to avoid a long wait for seating.

The flat screens may look good, but are slow and noisy.

Overall, the hotel is well maintained, neat and the bar/restaurant areas very modern. However, the impression of quality needs more work in depth.

Coach & Horses pub signCoach & Horses pub sign

Interior (3)Interior (3)

Model showing global trade & motivationsModel showing global trade & motivations

Arcades project?Arcades project?

by 9tigers

is it true? where can I get it?
does it make sense to go to 2 places in one day?
I read that hampton court open at 10 but last entrance is 15:30, but tower of london close at 18
so does it make sense to go to hamton court first, then back to go to tower of london?
we will be going during may 4th. so I assume will not have a lot of people..

also b/c I read it will take most of my day if I visit greenwich, so I do not want to try to squeeze tower of london and greenwich in a day
so just wonder if go to hampton court instead will be a better choice.

will I be able to get the combo ticket at any tube station?
will there be discount for people over 60? will showing the passport enough to proof of the age??

ty

Re: I read somewhere I can get a combo ticket for tower of london and hampton court palace

by leics

You can apparently buy a combined ticket, which allows you 20% off the entrance price, but only in person at one of the sites. I can find little more information about it but will keep searching.....

There are reductions for those over 60, with ID. A passport should be sufficient.

and

should help.

Last admission to the Tower is at 1700. I would suggest you get to HC for 10am and then return to the Tower by 1530, otherwise you are paying a lot of money for not very much time. Personally, I would visit on separate days as both places are large and fascinating.

It will take you 35 minutes by train (fastest way) to get to HC Palace

and you then have to cross London to get to the Tower.

There is never a time when there are 'not a lot of people' at either place. But, unfortunately, May 4th is a bank holiday. this means that not only will there be plenty of people around but that transport will be affected. Services will be reduced, so you should double-check train times for that exact date on www.nationalrail.co.uk nearer the time.

by leics

As it's May bank holiday I strongly suggest you don't try to do both places in one day.

You can buy a combined train & entrance ticket to HCP from the railway station.

by puerto_lover

You mentioned going to Greenwich and it would take all day.
I just wanted to mention that one of the favourite tours is by boat from the Tower of London pier to Greenwich pier. This ferry takes about 30 minutes and you pass through the Tower Bridge. The pier at Tower Bridge is close to the entrance - here is a nice map of the location.

Many visitors to London enjoy the entire boat cruise from Westminster to Greenwich and this requires much more time.

by 9tigers

ty I had no idea about the bank holiday
so maybe I will go to tower of london and something else in a day and kew and HC in a day since they will be in the same general direction

ty so much

by goodfish

I think that's a better plan. Aside from even the bank holiday, both Hampton Court and the Tower are large and important sites with lots to see (and some distance away from each other). I think you'll be happier visiting them over two separate days and not having to rush through one to get to the other. Have fun!!!

Comments