3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com

Rated 16% higher but also costs 40% more than other 3.5 star hotels

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Budget lodging Earl's Court

This was my second time staying at this hotel, the 1st time I booked it on booking.com, the 2nd time they had fixed their US credit card issues and I booked a non cancellable rate directly on their website.

The hotel is just a 5-10 minute walk from the Earl's Court tube station, the Earl's Court station is convenient for Heathrow as it is a stop on the Piccadilly line and also has connections with the Circle line and both branches of the District Line. The area has a lot of restaurants, many of which are chains, including Nando's, Strada, Gourmet Burger Kitchen and Masala Zone. There's a huge 24 hour Tesco a block to the west and a huge Sainsbury a couple of blocks to the east along Cromwell Road.

Breakfast wasn't included in our rate so we stopped every morning at the smaller Sainbury Express on the way to the tube station to get breakfast. The only thing I didn't like about this hotel is their wifi policy, the 1st 30 minutes are free, apparently by device since we both logged on, but it seemed like it only allowed us to log on once per day. You can add on for 3£ for 24 hours so it's not terribly expensive but this was the only hotel out of the four we stayed at where we didn't have completely free wifi. Since we ran out, I went to the reception area and asked them to look up a couple of addressed for me and they were very nice about it.

Unique Quality: We booked a twin room and I think we got the same room I had last time as there were both handicap accessible twin rooms, quite spacious, both the bedroom and the bathroom. The beds were fine and the room was fine.

There were minimal toiletries, I think just dispenser soap. Because the room was handicap accessible, there were no doors on the shower, I remembered from the 1st visit not to leave clothing on the floor.

We checked in extremely late, 2:45am, after being delayed on the Eurostar and the night staff had our key ready and we were able just to go right to bed. Well done! There's another Premier Inn on Knaresborough Place, the Kensington Earl's Court location, so make sure you know which one you've booked.

• duckylime's Profile Photo

Small but adequate

My stay here was enjoyable. The room was small, but the bed was very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The continental breafast was equal to a buffet in the US. Delicious!

Unique Quality: Nice location, comfortable and great breakfast.

• Manara's Profile Photo

Real Comfort in Summer

A nicely restored typical London house outside, a modern hotel inside.
    Rooms are small, but this is normal in London, I have seen even smaller rooms in more expensive hotels here.
    The hotel is located in a lively area, close to Earl's Court.

Unique Quality: Air conditioning in London is not easily found, even in hotels that are much more expensive than this one. And summer in London can be really hot.
    This hotel has also some modern things that are standard in other countries but not at all in the UK, such as satellite TV, playstation and internet in the rooms.
    However, I must warn readers that it is some years since I was there, so I do not know if things have changed with regard to service and hygiene.

Directions: Close to Earl's Court Road and Earl's Court Underground station.

Comments