82-83 Eccleston Square, London, SW1V 1PS, United Kingdom

Priceline.com Booking.com

• WheninRome's Profile Photo

Great Value - Good Location

We arrived in London very late on a Saturday night exhausted after an all day plane ride. I was a little concerned about how the Premier Inn would be due to its very reasonable cost. Upon arrival we were greeted by an extremely friendly and helpful check-inn person that quickly got us squared away.

Our room was small, but average by London standards. It was also exceptionally clean and well appointed. You don't spend much time in your hotel room in London since there is so much to see and do. As such, this Premier Inn had everything we needed.

It was also within an easy 5 minute walk of the Victoria train station. The surrounding neighborhood struck me as being dominated more by locals than be tourists, which I liked. I loved morning walks to get coffee and danishes (we did not have breakfast at the hotel so I can't speak to how that was). I could see London coming to life on those morning walks. The surrounding neighborhoods also had a respectable selection of pubs, always filled more with locals than with tourists.

The hotel was also within walking distance of Buckingham Palace, which was nice.

We definitely would stay here again.

Unique Quality: Nothing really unique, just a clean and well located accommodation.

Directions: A couple blocks from the Victoria Train Station, near Eccleston Square and the intersections of Belgrave Road and Gillingham St.

More about Premier Inn London Victoria

Perfect location, recently remodeled, feels like new. Great staff.

by TripAdvisor Member MulberryMike

I stayed four nights in late October at the Premier Inn- Victoria, London, UK during a solo sightseeing stopover. The room was nicely appointed, clean, quiet, spacious, comfortable bed, with ample outlets and desk space for laptop, etc. Wifi was expensive (about 7 US$ per day) but worked flawlessly.

The self-serve check-in kiosk in the lobby was almost irritating (because I had my luggage) but was so fast and efficient that before I had a chance to really get irritated I was finished! As I turned to look for the elevator, the staff-member was approaching to ask me if everything went OK and to help direct me to the elevator. I was positively impressed and I expect someday all larger, busy hotels will be using this method.

Staff was very efficient and ready to help at all times. Kudos to Johanna and Wayne in particular.

We had a fire alarm at around 3:45 am and all evacuated to the street where it, thankfully, wasn't raining or too cold. Firefighters came and checked everything. The alarm was not caused by a fire but rather was triggered by an over-temperature sensor in a working area in the basement, as I understood. The building has no sprinker system but has many well-sealed fire doors between segments of each floor and the alarm siren system was very effective!

The staff was very helpful during and after the evacuation and refunded my room charge for that night without hesitation.

As mentioned by another poster, windows do not open in the rooms. In my room the "new carpeting smell" was almost over-powering. I turned on the room heating fan-only for awhile which seemed to help reduce the odor or maybe I just got used to it. If you or family members have respiratory problems you may want to check in advance and see if they have any rooms with outside ventilation.

The "all you can eat" breakfast was excellent, with plenty of options and was presented by restaurant staff in a healthful manner. The self-serve espresso maker in the breakfast area was my favorite feature. The caffiene-kick helped get me up and going early each the morning!

I can happily recommend this hotel and look forward to my next stay to take up where I left off with my exploration of London.

great staff

by TripAdvisor Member georgie359

I stayed at this hotel begining of November with my mum. the location is fantastic, just a 10 min walk to Buckingham palace and 2 mins to Victoria station. There was no problem with us getting there early the staff were very helpfull and had a room ready for us in about 15 mins, while we waited they got us coffee and biscuits on the house.
everything is spotless and clean and the rooms are very quiet, we both slept well. The hotel has a lovley little bar with a big screen (volume turned down and subtitles on thankfully) just nice soft music in the background. We didnt have an evening meal there but did have breakfast, which was fine as you helped yourself and there was plenty of choise. Also there is a fantastic pub over the road called "The George" i think, it does good food and real ale. This hotel is great value considering its location and i cant praise the friendly staff enough.

As expected for Premier Inn

by TripAdvisor Member YorkshireUKtraveller

Hotel is very conveniently situated. Had room on 1st floor, which had 1 double and 2 single beds in it, which seemed a bit excessive for one person! It was spotlessly clean. The bathroom was very cold until I left the door open and turned the air con up considerably when it became OK. Could hear noise from next door - eg could tell when they were having a shower.
Ate in the restaurant as I was too tired to go out. The food is pretty uninspiring and like eating in a little chef type establishment - most of the food I think is re-heated pre-prepared food. Not really worth the price charged and service was quite slow, there did not seem to be enough staff on duty, although those that were worked hard and were pleasant. I think you would do better elsewhere in the locality. Breakfast was good.
Would stay again on business and eat elsewhere. Might baulk at the room charge (£115) if paying myself unless I got a cheaper price. This is always possible due to their fluid pricing structure.

Perfect Hotel in Great Location for this type of Budget Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Eselsi

The best premier Inn i have ever stayed in, didn't really have any problems with anything in the Hotel.
I requested an iron when i checked in and recieved it about 2 minutes after i entere my room. The iron annoyed me a little bit as it was attached to the iron bored on a cord and the cord was constantly pulling the iron in the opposite direction i wanted it and fell a couple of times and at one point caught my foot but i manged to grab it quick enough to cause any damage.

Staff were very friendly and quick to deal with any requests that i may have.

Literally round the corner from Victoria Station and a handy sainsbury's market around the other corner.

excellent cant fault it!!

by TripAdvisor Member christmas2009

We stayed here for one night on 22/11 as we wanted to do london sights etc. We travelled with my 8 year old daughter and find it quite hard to find a family room anywhere. Our journey to london was less time than expected so we were a little early checking in but the receptionist was more than welcoming. She took us over to the check in machine and let my daughter press all the buttons which was really sweet of her, she then produced a welcom pack for her which i thought was a really nice welcoming touch, it is nice when children are acknowledged as some hotels tend to act as if they are just "added extras!" The room was really clean and comfortable. No noise at all at night apart from other guests opening and closing thier doors which is to be expected and certainly didnt bother us. We couldnt hear any noise from outside at all. The beds were so comfy we all fell straight to sleep! Anything we needed to ask about getting to places we asked reception and if they didnt know the answers they would look them up for us. We didnt eat here as had already booked a restaurant - big mistake. If the food is a good as the rest of it wish we had! We had booked Navaja jo in Covent garden through Toptable for 7.30. However after being delayed on buses we turned up slightly late for our table, only to be told that kids werent allowed after 7.30!!!! Felt really angry we had just spent all that time trying to dash across london to get there, noone had told us this at toptable nor does it say this on navaja jo website. In the end we went to Maxwells which was delicous. good service maybe a little pricey but guess it is London!

Value for money,very clean,modern hotel & A1 breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member tidybutt

First time to use Premier Inn, won't hesitate to use the chain again if this hotel is a typical example. The location of this one is perfect for its easy 5 mins walking distance to Victoria Apollo or Victoria Palace theatres and easy too to walk to Wetminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament etc. We also walked to Hyde Park to Winter Wonderland from here., well worth a visit! Nice modern hotel,well used but quiet, efficient helpfull staff, our room was spotlessly clean. Lovely choice for a varied quality breakfast. Will use a Premier Inn hotel again.

Very enjoyable experience

by TripAdvisor Member Neal2K

I stayed here on a business trip to London for 1 night. This is a new Premier Inn, which you can tell from the general appearance and style. Overall, I found the hotel excellent. The check-in was smooth (and automatic - a litte like using a cash machine!), the room was a very good size which a nice comfortable bed, warm enough (with controllable air conditioning), contemporary decor, clean, great bathroom, digital TV, etc. Wireless Internet access was chargeable, which is disappointing - I've stayed in cheaper hotels with free access. The hotel is a bit like a rabbit warren, but that comes from taking over these old buildings I guess. There was a bar which I didn't use, but breakfast in the restaurant was good. There was plenty of choice and although it was busy, which I found surprising for a weekday, there were enough tables to go around. A bit disappointed with the cooked selection, this was very dry - one of the drawbacks of a buffet. The hotel is in a great location, only about 5 mins walk from Victoria tube station. The general area also has lots of bars/pubs/restaurants, plus the Apollo theatre (showing Wicked at the moment) closeby. My company paid for the room, I think it cost them around £125 including the breakfast - in my view, this is probably a little rich for this hotel, but overall, a very nice place, ideal for a business or personal trip and I would be very happy to stay here again.

Excellent Value

by TripAdvisor Member Trumommy

We stayed for 4 nights and paid between £69 to £129 a night (Cheaper on a weekend). The rooms was super clean and comfortable even for 4 of us. Finishing and details were very new and thoughtful. Hotel is located on a very quiet street and the walk from Victoria Station is not too bad, even with luggage (5 mins). Bathroom was a little small but I'm nitpicking!

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. It is truly superb value!

Excellent Budget Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member tom_w_dk

A very good, clean and quiet hotel with excellent customer service.

We arrived quite early (about 11 am) and even though our room wasn't ready the receptionist found a similar room that was ready and switched us into that room. Within 5 minutes they had also moved a baby cot into the new room.

Overall the service was good and very friendly. No problems borrowing an electrical outlet converter. Luggage storage on departure was quick and hassle-free.

The room was very clean and neat and also a reasonable size (we were 2 adult a young child + an infant).

The breakfast was very decent - great coffee, fresh fruit and good service being able to order porridge for the infant. If I were to grade it higher it would need some cheese and cold-cuts (maybe ham and salami), but lets just say none of us went hungry from the table.

We tried the restaurant one evening as it was quite hard to find restaurants with a high chair for the infant in the immediate neighborhood. The food was ok, but nothing more. I'd honestly rather order some takeout from one of the many local restaurants.

The location is very good too. Just a short walk from Victoria station, which is important with 4 pieces of luggage and 2 small children. The walk home from Oxford and Regent street really isn't that far as well.

I'll echo a previous note from another travller though. Why do they charge guests for WiFI access - 2£ for 40 minutes Internet access?!?! I'd rather the rooms were a couple of £'s more expensive and then have free WiFi.

Overall though, excellent value and a good experience. I'll definately look here first on our next visit to London.

Comments