Queens Park Hotel

Tags

Budget Travel Business Travel Backpacking
See Amenities

DO NOT STAY HERE

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 10, 2011

I've stayed in many hotels and hostels around the world, from £2 a night which had no pillows or a door, to £250 a night luxury, and on the whole you get what you pay for. BUT NOT HERE, we arrived to a small room (the kind where you can only get into the bed from 1 side, and need to climb on it so the other can walk past), but this is london, and at £55 on laterooms, this is pretty norm. But at 3:00am i woke itching. turned the light on. FULL OF BEDBUGS, literally the sheets were crawling. we put a few in a glass and took it down to reception, they ranged from pin head size to 1cm wide (these are adults, they'd been in the bed at least a month!). They moved us to a different room but said they wouldn’t do anything till morning. So we showered, twice, but all our pj's into a separate bag and TRIED to sleep. woken up at 7:30 because of the alarm on the tv (how random), couldn’t get back to sleep so showered again, dressed and went to reception. the manager said this had ever happened before (LIE, we googled it, other people had suffered it, and the bedbugs in our bed had been there a while), and that she would give us 15% off our stay. WHAT???? £8.50 off??? you joking??? we're prob going to take them home. And pay £100 + to get rid of them from our own home! she said she 'wasn't able' to give full refund until senior manager came in at 12:00 midday (LIE all managers are capable of refunds) so we went for breakfast (all I’ll say is their toast was ok...that is all). At 12 we went back and the woman on reception than passed on the message that the senior manager was delayed and due at 2:00 or 3:00pm (the manager wouldn’t even come out her office 2m away to talk to us). so we said no, we're not being fobbed off again and we're stay here standing at reception till we get our refund. 10 minutes later the manager phoned through and the girl on reception said "well, where's your card then?" , we said "sorry, what for?", she snapped "well if you want the refund, I’ll need your card, wont I". THERE WAS NO SENIOR MANAGER!!!! WE GOT NO APPOLOGY!!!!! NO EVIDENCE THEY'LL DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!!! They prey on young people who they know will have somewhere to be and can’t fight for the refund. THEY FOB YOU OFF asking you to come back later KNOWING YOU HAVE TRAINS TO CATCH or don't want to waist your WHOLE trip to london waiting for this 'senior manager' AND YOU HAVE TO LEAVE. Horrible people, luckily for us we didn’t have an appointment till 3:00pm, else we would have to leave and we'd have been another poor victim of the hotel. Don’t stay here; I'd pay not to stay here.

Unique Quality: worst hotel in london. well done.

Directions: Nice area acually, maybe cheak out hotels nearby?

cheap for a reason

by written on March 14, 2010

They can take a reservation but they don't hold reservations. Booked 3 twins for students and chaperones, was given three doubles. I didn't want to sleep in the same bed as my female chaperone and had to fight for a twin. The students had to suffer through it.
One set of girls had to put a sheet over the window to keep the hotel across the street from having a view of the shower.
One person elevator worked sometimes. The two person elevator broke down after our first day of 6.
Very tatty. Peeling wallpaper and stairwells that are only cleaned ocassionally. One butter packet was there three days.
Breakfast was basic.
Good location.
For high school or college students its workable but check your reservations before you depart the US. Our girls were okay with sharing a bed but if we had boys with us they would have had a fit.
Windows are VERY drafty.
Thin walls, noisey from the inside and street side.

Unique Quality: Location - easy access to underground and center city. Queensway shopping and restaurants are very close.

Directions: Bayswater area, north side of Hyde Park

Cheap hotel, ants come free!

by written on June 11, 2008

We stayed at a cheap hotel, as we're there to see the sights, not to stay in the room...but.....

Our room 106 was missing one curtain panel, leaving our room exposed to the hotel/apartment across the road. We had to use a bedspread to stretch the one curtain we had wide enough so we could have some privacy. We told hotel staff about it & nothing was noted about it or done about it. All the other rooms appeared to have 2 curtains.

And the room was crawling with ants.

When we asked the front desk to call us a cab, they stated DO NOT USE BLACK CABS they are expensive, so the desk guy calls another cab company for us & we are picked up in a MERCEDES & ended up being charged two times the cost Black Cabs charged us for the exact same distance. What a rip off. Thanks for the great tip hotel guy!

Their free breakfast is decent, but no protein except milk. Cereals, toast (2 toasters, one of which didn't work & the other one only half worked), crossiants, 2 types of fruit, orange juice, coffee. You can pay for a cooked breakfast.

Not sure if I'd stay there again.

Unique Quality: Great location!

The smallest elevator in the world!

Ants.

Lack of curtains to cover the windows.

Directions: On the north side of Hyde Park, very close to Paddington & Bayswater tube stations

christine.j's Profile Photo

I like it, I admit

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 12, 2008

I stayed in this hotel couple of times, because of the excellent location. It's in one of the quieter sidestreets of Baywater Road, very close to Kensington Gardens. I love jogging before breakfast, and Kensington Gardens just across the street are a beautiful park to do this.
I've read many bad reviews about this hotel, but I admit I like to stay there.
It's close to the tube stops and the bus stop on Bayswater road, but I also often walked towards the centre of London. London is a very walkable city.

The singles are small, even for London,with a run-down look, and the ensuite bathroom is tiny. Their continental breakfast was very good, the few times English breakfast was included in my deal I didn't like it.I think they used very old oil and far too much of it.

This doesn't sound like a very good place to stay, but I usually got very good rates and , let's face it, how much time do you spend inside your hotel room in London?

The staff were always very friendly and helpful, ready to answer questions and giving tips and information. In my mind this makes up for the small and somewhat shabby rooms.

vec's Profile Photo

Not much space

by written on February 28, 2004

The room at The Queens Park Hotel was one of the smallest I have ever stayed in, and the bathroom was definitely the smallest. Not to talk about the elevator, it's fun to see the sign saying "max 4 person in the elevator" when it's hardly enough space for myself.

If staying in the winter, prepare for a cold night, since the bed is located just below the window, and it's not much isolation to talk about.

The normal price per night was quite high, but since I made the reservation at a retailer site on the net, I got almost half the price.

Unique Quality: The area is nice, near to all service, and the tube to the city centre.

Directions: Near Kensington Gardens and Baywater

Sleeping in L

by written on February 11, 2003

You will find clean rooms which are nicely furnished (hard beds). Rooms at the back are quiet. (Queensborough Terrace is a quiet street so maybe front rooms won't be much noisier.) Negatives: bad continental breakfast, rooms are extremely small, at second sight the hotel looks a bit shabby (broken tiles in the bathroom, wallpapers coming down the wall). I just mention these things because of the Queens Park three stars you might be willing to pay a higher price. (We paid 45 Pounds per night/doubleroom via www.hrs.de which was alright.)
The location is great. It is just a minute to Kensington Gardens, 5 Minutes to the subway (Queensway / Bayswater) and it is possible to walk from Paddington Station (not more than 15 minutes).

Directions: Bayswater (subway: Bayswater / Queensway)

Nearby Queens Park Hotel

• Business Services
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service

London Travel Forum

Need advice about London, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for London and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest London hotel reviews

Madame Tussauds and Planetarium
Buckingham Palace
Piccadilly
Things to Do
Airports (travel to and from)
Taxis
Transportation
Docklands Light Railway (DLR)
Driving in London
Food and Drink
Pigeons
Getting around
Favorites
Public Transport (not taxis)
Eating, Drinking and socialising
Soho and the West End
London Dungeon
Money Matters
Tourist Traps
Theatre and Shows (including tickets)
Miracles, Cockfosters