48 Queensborough Terrace, London, W2 3SJ, United Kingdom

Expedia.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 21% more and rated 30% lower than other 3 star hotels

• DO NOT STAY HERE

I've stayed in many hotels and hostels around the world, from £2 a night which had no pillows or a door, to £250 a night luxury, and on the whole you get what you pay for. BUT NOT HERE, we arrived to a small room (the kind where you can only get into the bed from 1 side, and need to climb on it so the other can walk past), but this is london, and at £55 on laterooms, this is pretty norm. But at 3:00am i woke itching. turned the light on. FULL OF BEDBUGS, literally the sheets were crawling. we put a few in a glass and took it down to reception, they ranged from pin head size to 1cm wide (these are adults, they'd been in the bed at least a month!). They moved us to a different room but said they wouldn’t do anything till morning. So we showered, twice, but all our pj's into a separate bag and TRIED to sleep. woken up at 7:30 because of the alarm on the tv (how random), couldn’t get back to sleep so showered again, dressed and went to reception. the manager said this had ever happened before (LIE, we googled it, other people had suffered it, and the bedbugs in our bed had been there a while), and that she would give us 15% off our stay. WHAT???? £8.50 off??? you joking??? we're prob going to take them home. And pay £100 + to get rid of them from our own home! she said she 'wasn't able' to give full refund until senior manager came in at 12:00 midday (LIE all managers are capable of refunds) so we went for breakfast (all I’ll say is their toast was ok...that is all). At 12 we went back and the woman on reception than passed on the message that the senior manager was delayed and due at 2:00 or 3:00pm (the manager wouldn’t even come out her office 2m away to talk to us). so we said no, we're not being fobbed off again and we're stay here standing at reception till we get our refund. 10 minutes later the manager phoned through and the girl on reception said "well, where's your card then?" , we said "sorry, what for?", she snapped "well if you want the refund, I’ll need your card, wont I". THERE WAS NO SENIOR MANAGER!!!! WE GOT NO APPOLOGY!!!!! NO EVIDENCE THEY'LL DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!!! They prey on young people who they know will have somewhere to be and can’t fight for the refund. THEY FOB YOU OFF asking you to come back later KNOWING YOU HAVE TRAINS TO CATCH or don't want to waist your WHOLE trip to london waiting for this 'senior manager' AND YOU HAVE TO LEAVE. Horrible people, luckily for us we didn’t have an appointment till 3:00pm, else we would have to leave and we'd have been another poor victim of the hotel. Don’t stay here; I'd pay not to stay here.

Unique Quality: worst hotel in london. well done.

Directions: Nice area acually, maybe cheak out hotels nearby?

• cheap for a reason

They can take a reservation but they don't hold reservations. Booked 3 twins for students and chaperones, was given three doubles. I didn't want to sleep in the same bed as my female chaperone and had to fight for a twin. The students had to suffer through it.
    One set of girls had to put a sheet over the window to keep the hotel across the street from having a view of the shower.
    One person elevator worked sometimes. The two person elevator broke down after our first day of 6.
    Very tatty. Peeling wallpaper and stairwells that are only cleaned ocassionally. One butter packet was there three days.
    Breakfast was basic.
    Good location.
    For high school or college students its workable but check your reservations before you depart the US. Our girls were okay with sharing a bed but if we had boys with us they would have had a fit.
    Windows are VERY drafty.
    Thin walls, noisey from the inside and street side.

Unique Quality: Location - easy access to underground and center city. Queensway shopping and restaurants are very close.

Directions: Bayswater area, north side of Hyde Park

• Cheap hotel, ants come free!

We stayed at a cheap hotel, as we're there to see the sights, not to stay in the room...but.....

Our room 106 was missing one curtain panel, leaving our room exposed to the hotel/apartment across the road. We had to use a bedspread to stretch the one curtain we had wide enough so we could have some privacy. We told hotel staff about it & nothing was noted about it or done about it. All the other rooms appeared to have 2 curtains.

And the room was crawling with ants.

When we asked the front desk to call us a cab, they stated DO NOT USE BLACK CABS they are expensive, so the desk guy calls another cab company for us & we are picked up in a MERCEDES & ended up being charged two times the cost Black Cabs charged us for the exact same distance. What a rip off. Thanks for the great tip hotel guy!

Their free breakfast is decent, but no protein except milk. Cereals, toast (2 toasters, one of which didn't work & the other one only half worked), crossiants, 2 types of fruit, orange juice, coffee. You can pay for a cooked breakfast.

Not sure if I'd stay there again.

Unique Quality: Great location!

The smallest elevator in the world!

Ants.

Lack of curtains to cover the windows.

Directions: On the north side of Hyde Park, very close to Paddington & Bayswater tube stations

• christine.j's Profile Photo

I like it, I admit

I stayed in this hotel couple of times, because of the excellent location. It's in one of the quieter sidestreets of Baywater Road, very close to Kensington Gardens. I love jogging before breakfast, and Kensington Gardens just across the street are a beautiful park to do this.
    I've read many bad reviews about this hotel, but I admit I like to stay there.
    It's close to the tube stops and the bus stop on Bayswater road, but I also often walked towards the centre of London. London is a very walkable city.

The singles are small, even for London,with a run-down look, and the ensuite bathroom is tiny. Their continental breakfast was very good, the few times English breakfast was included in my deal I didn't like it.I think they used very old oil and far too much of it.

This doesn't sound like a very good place to stay, but I usually got very good rates and , let's face it, how much time do you spend inside your hotel room in London?

The staff were always very friendly and helpful, ready to answer questions and giving tips and information. In my mind this makes up for the small and somewhat shabby rooms.

• vec's Profile Photo

Not much space

The room at The Queens Park Hotel was one of the smallest I have ever stayed in, and the bathroom was definitely the smallest. Not to talk about the elevator, it's fun to see the sign saying "max 4 person in the elevator" when it's hardly enough space for myself.

If staying in the winter, prepare for a cold night, since the bed is located just below the window, and it's not much isolation to talk about.

The normal price per night was quite high, but since I made the reservation at a retailer site on the net, I got almost half the price.

Unique Quality: The area is nice, near to all service, and the tube to the city centre.

Directions: Near Kensington Gardens and Baywater

• Sleeping in L

You will find clean rooms which are nicely furnished (hard beds). Rooms at the back are quiet. (Queensborough Terrace is a quiet street so maybe front rooms won't be much noisier.) Negatives: bad continental breakfast, rooms are extremely small, at second sight the hotel looks a bit shabby (broken tiles in the bathroom, wallpapers coming down the wall). I just mention these things because of the Queens Park three stars you might be willing to pay a higher price. (We paid 45 Pounds per night/doubleroom via www.hrs.de which was alright.)
    The location is great. It is just a minute to Kensington Gardens, 5 Minutes to the subway (Queensway / Bayswater) and it is possible to walk from Paddington Station (not more than 15 minutes).

Directions: Bayswater (subway: Bayswater / Queensway)

More about Queens Park Hotel

Great stay at the Queens Park Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cecla414

Had a very pleasant surprise when arriving at the Queens Park Hotel. Having booked, what I thought was, a budget hotel and having spent the past ten years in different but always dingy hostels the Queens park appeared to be the Hilton.

Room was fine, apart from the horriple purple painted walls .-). Nice and clean. Bathroom in top condition. Good beds. Excellent full English breakfast.

Tiny elevators - and sloooow. Don't come here if you are a big person or bring a lot of luggage.

Friendly staff.

We paid only £ 180 for a triple bed room for 3 nights. A bargain.

Never go back to the Queens Park Hotel

Well, there was plenty of hot water. Thats the compliments over.

Anyone who paid the advertised full rate for this hotel would feel well and truly shafted ! We had three rooms. In one the kettle did not work, in another the kettle would not turn off (had to unplug it). In two the radiators would not turn off/down (I mentioned this when we checked out and was met with complete indifference).

All three rooms were 'grotty', wallpaper peeling, damp spots and chipped paint. The double room on the ground floor had a mouse poison box in the corner. And to cap it all my room had bed bugs (yes, thats right, bed bugs). I'm not averse to roughing it, but when I pay hotel room prices I expect better than this.

Worked Out Just Fine

We stayed at the Queens Park Hotel for six nights during Thanksgiving week 2004 and it was just fine. Travelers need to keep in mind that it is a Victorian building, not a modern American hotel. Rooms are small, but we were only there to sleep. The price with our package was excellent. I was very willing to put up with a few possible tears in the rug for the price. The staff was very polite and helpful. The place was clean and in an EXCELLENT location. It's less than a block from two Tube stations and Hyde Park. It's also two blocks from Queensway, a street loaded with delicious ethnic restaurants, (try the shwarma at the Lebonese place and Mr. Wu's Chinese buffet), an ATM, and a small grocery store. Worked out well for us. Hint: rooms in the back are quiet, with no street noise. Try it. It's fine.

Don't believe everything you read!!!

I stayed at the Queens Park Hotel for one night (18th January 2005) and can honestly say that some of the reviews on this website are unjust, although the allocation of room type may have a bearing on the reviews here.

Our room (316) was a twin on the third floor, very clean and not as small as some rooms I have stayed in previously. At night the room was a little too warm, we had the window open all night and the noise wasn’t as bad as expected. There was a strange incident when some kind of alarm sounded at exactly 3.05am, it had previously been heard at 3.05 in the afternoon, we assumed at that point that it was a fire alarm test as it wasn’t continuous… strange having it in the middle of the night though!

Staff were friendly and courteous, no problems at all, checkin/out was swift and professional!

Breakfast was basic, a choice of two types of cereal, small croissants, a crusty bread roll, butter, preserves, tea, coffee, and juices… just enough to get you ready for a nice big lunch in the city!
Yes, the lift is small, so what? Take the stairs if you are able!
Can’t fault the location one bit, two underground stations nearby (Queensway and Bayswater), we used Queensway, which conveniently had a nice little bar/pub between the hotel and station!

The advertised room rates in the reception area are admittedly over-inflated, we paid £45 for our room via laterooms, if we had paid the ‘full’ price of £150 we would have been very disappointed.
If you want luxury, you have to pay for it, if you want a bargain hotel for a night or two then the Queens Park Hotel is adequate enough!

a slamming good time

I can't fault the staff of the Queens Park, really. They're all quite friendly and helpful, and the room I have had (the same one for the past two years) was clean and adequate enough.

It's the guests who ruin it for me.

They should be intelligent enough to realise that a creaky Victorian building with thin walls, narrow hallways, and a hollow wooden infrastructure can carry sound quite smashingly. I stayed six nights here, and I can honestly say that EVERY SINGLE NIGHT there was a plethora of the loudest, most inconsiderate travellers the likes of which I haven't even seen at the most modest of US motels. The running, loud talking and yelling in the hallways, and the best part - the incessant SLAMMING of doors - all at any hour of the day or night - was enough to give me stress. Some visitors even went out of their way to slam and re-slam their door three, four, five times in a row as if some obsessive-compulsive disorder compelled them to really ensure that door was SHUT. Between the slamming and stomping, I felt like I was five years old again, listening to my parents fight. Needless to say, stomach was in a constant state of anxiety.

I can understand children behaving this way, but these were people of all ages, and when it WAS children, I never heard the parents have the decency to quiet them once. Because I was raised a bit differently, I tried to extend a bit of courtesy to my fellow travellers by tiptoeing through the halls and quietly shutting hall doors. By the fifth night however, I'd given up caring and resorted to the same buffoonery, not that any of the fools noticed.

I still rather like the Queens Park, but next time I'm tempted to try a more soundproofed locale.

Queens Park Hotel, Bayswater

by AnnieSA

Hi All,

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? It looks to be the best of a rough lot for my budget (minimal!).. the location looks pretty good and the facilities seem nice.

If you have any opinions on this hotel or this area, I'd love to hear them!

by Rhondaj

I stayed in the Bayswater area a few years ago. (Lancaster Gate) Mostly full of hotels for the economically minded! But Hyde/Kensington Parks are there. Close to Harrod's. And plenty of Tube Gates to get you anywhere in minutes. I'd stay there again...

by bzh

Bayswater is a very nice area, with lots of restaurants, not far from the centre andf the main tourist sites. It is also just next to Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. In short, the location is great, I don't know about the hotel itself though.

by Maari

Hi Annie,
we stayed there just 2 months ago. The hotel looks better on photos than it is in reality, but for the price they charged us (45 Pounds per night for a double via www.hrs.de) is was definitely ok to stay there. Rooms are clean, quiet and nicely furnished, but tiny. Don't expect much for breakfast (old rolls, fruit salad out of a tin, corn flakes).
The area is fine. A 5 minutes walk to Queensway/Bayswater subway and a ~15 minutes walk to Paddington station or Portobello Road. Queensway is a large shopping street with supermarkets, restaurants and coffeeshops. Definitely no problem to stroll around there at night. Enjoy your stay, Maari

Re: Re: Queens Park Hotel, Bayswater

by AnnieSA

Maari,

Thank you very much for your reply. It is exactly what I was looking for!

by sura7

I have stayed at The Queens Park Hotel and I can certainly recommend this one, its at a great location, nearby shops, tube stations etc...
Its a great place to stay in, the ambience is good, staff friendly and the rooms average in size! its got great competitive rates too!
Go for it!