Radisson Edwardian Grafton Hotel

See Hotels with Better Ratings
tvor's Profile Photo

Great hotel near Euston

by written on April 24, 2014

The Radisson chain is normally more than our budget allows but the travel agent got us a pretty good price. We arrived around noon and our room was ready without waiting. The service checking in was efficient and friendly and everything went smoothly. Our room was only one floor up but it faced the back of the hotel and that made it nice and quiet. The window of the room opened and the air conditioner worked well, too. We never heard a thing from outside even with the window open.

The room was a standard with a double bed which was maybe a little firm for our taste, but that's subjective. The room was clean and well and aside from the size of the bed, you might think it was a superior room for everything it included. It had a mini-bar, tea and coffee with a kettle (and they were very generous in their supplies), a hair dryer in the drawer of the desk, flat screen television, free wifi, a small table with two chairs, an iron and ironing board in the wardrobe as well as a trouser press. The bathroom was stocked with nice minty smelling toiletries and the towel rack could be heated. Breakfast was included and was a well stocked buffet. Oh and there was an iPod dock in the room on the desk with a clock in it which was probably the alarm clock though we didn't look at it that closely.

The dining room was quite large and the buffet had plenty to choose from. They brought four large slices of toast to the table but were not generous in the butter provided. We could probably have asked for another bit but didn't bother. They served tea and coffee in nice pots.

The location is excellent. The Euston road end of Tottenham Court road is steps away. Warren Street station is next door, Euston Square station on the next block and Euston train station just a few blocks away or 2 bus stops. King's Cross/St. Pancras just a few more blocks. We walked down TCR to the British Museum and Covent Garden easily. There are pubs nearby and two small grocery stores, both open late.

I believe they have 24/7 room service. There is an exercise room and a business centre as well. They booked a private airport transfer as well. The decor of the room was quite nice with a duvet that, for once, I didn't find too warm. Maybe that's not a positive for some people but it was for me. There was also a blanket on the bottom of the bed if you were chilly and two extra pillows in the wardrobe.

Negatives: We did find the tub a little bit slippery. Two elevators, very small. Most of the rooms seem to be accessed by going up a few steps. If you have mobility issues, there did seem to be some rooms on the same level as the elevators. The hotel is not a budget hotel and even our rate, which was better than its usual rates, was a little over $220 a night for the standard room.

We were happy with the room and thought it was good value for what we got for the rate and what was included in the room. Breakfast in these nice hotels is worth at least 20 per person per day, probably more in central London hotels.

Unique Quality: Free wifi that worked well, generous tea and coffee supplies. Buffet breakfast included. great for transportation links. Price selected with the tip is the normal per person, not the cheaper rate we got. Your mileage may vary. Watch for sales and deals. Still not heart stoppingly high for a nice hotel in central London, though.

Another unique feature of our room was a pillar in the middle of the room but as it's an older building, it was probably a support feature

Directions: Two bus stops along Euston Road from Euston Station. (bus number 30 or 205 worked for us). AT the Euston road end of Tottenham Court Road

Djinn76's Profile Photo

An affordable room close to the BT tower!

by written on December 4, 2010

I have been staying here over a weekend. The hotel was fully packed! The lobby was rather small and loads of people were checking in at the same time (on a Friday morning). The rooms were obviously not ready but the hotel was offering to store our luggage for the day! This option was quite popular and it turned out to be a real industry!

I had booked a single room and this is what I got! A tiny room in the upper floor. Even if there was barely any space for the bed and a small desk, this was still ok considering the price (230Eur for two nights). Everything was functional and the bed was comfortable!
On the plus size, even if the bathroom was also rather small, as a benefit, it came with a proper shower! No bathtub!
The breakfast was included and was gorgeous! Everything you could wish from a buffet! It was quite popular too and the restaurant was fully packed!

The hotel was perfectly located, not far from St Pancras and just in front of the Warren street tube station. Many tube lines were available from there or from Euston Square, a nearby station. There was also two supermarkets open quite late in the evening within a stone's throw.

Directions: Close to the BT tower!

mw808's Profile Photo

Better than I thought

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 29, 2007

I stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Grafton in the middle of October for 7 nights. I had originally booked online a standard two twin beds room since that was the only thing available but was given a double room on the second floor upon check-in. Check-in took a long time because there were so many people. The hotel rate was high due to the weak dollar but the location was excellent for everything I had planned. The hotel was only steps away from the nearest Tube station (Warren Street), there were two markets nearby (one across the street), and lots of restaurants nearby. After reading all the reviews I was afraid my room would be similar to a standard Japanese-sized hotel room but I was pleasantly surprised at the decent size. The bathroom was a decent size too and the door opened outwards. I’ve had problems with the water leaking onto the floor when taking a shower with only a half glass for the tub but didn’t have any this time. I opened my windows frequently since the heating seemed to be higher than normal even if I set the heater to a low temperature. There was no traffic noise even with the windows opened because my room faced the back of the hotel, but the walls are paper thin and the floor boards are very squeaky. I’m not a light sleeper so I didn’t mind, but it always felt like the guests next door were in my room. The wireless Internet didn’t work for 1.5 days and we were allowed to use the business center for free. No one was ever in the center when I needed to use the computers (there were at least 6 and a printer available). Exchanging currency in the hotel is convenient but can be slow at times and the rate with commission deduction is terrible. I didn’t have breakfast since it was expensive (16.50 pounds). It was easier picking up coffee and breakfast at the nearby coffee places (EAT, Pret Manger, Caffe Nero).

Directions: Very close to Warren Street Tube station

nomadig's Profile Photo

Good for business

by written on April 29, 2007

If you have grown tired to the typical London hotels that are a bit run down and sleazy, consider going next time to Radisson Edwardian hotels. One of them is located at the northern end of Tottenham Court Road, just next to Warren Street tube station.

The rooms are well built and decorated, but mine was size of a shoe box. It was enough for one person though and I could easily run my net related errands with their complimentary WLAN. The desk was not huge, but accommodated my laptop and elbows.

The bed was okay -- I've slept in better ones, also in London. The bathroom was small, too, but at least you could open and close the door without hitting anything, including yourself.

I had completed a speedy check-in in the Internet, but had to queue with everyone else. I've experienced much faster check-ins without any self-service involved.

Directions: Next to Warren Street tube station

Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Quiet luxury

by written on March 6, 2006

The Grafton is located on the relatively quiet Tottenham Court Road near Warren Street Tube station . Even with a near by Hospital the place is quiet at night. The hotel itself is pure luxury for those who can't afford real luxury. The rooms are nice with fabulously comfortable king size beds.

The rest of the room doesn't shy away either with beautiful marble in the washrooms.

The hotel restaurant/bar, the Aston, is a nice place to hang out before a quick run out the door for the night. The breakfast in the same room can be crowded on weekends.

Near by is a Sainsburry and Tesco for some late night munchies. McDonalds is next door as well as many other shops. Regent park is also close by.

Warning: If you even breath on something in the mini-bar it will be on your bill.

Unique Quality: Super comfy beds. Oh...my...god.

Directions: Near Warren Street Tube

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

London Travel Forum

Need advice about London, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for London and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest London hotel reviews

Madame Tussauds and Planetarium
Buckingham Palace
Piccadilly
Things to Do
Airports (travel to and from)
Taxis
Transportation
Docklands Light Railway (DLR)
Driving in London
Food and Drink
Pigeons
Getting around
Favorites
Public Transport (not taxis)
Eating, Drinking and socialising
Soho and the West End
London Dungeon
Chiquito, Leicester Square
Tourist Traps
Theatre and Shows (including tickets)
Miracles, Cockfosters