Radisson Edwardian Grafton Hotel

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Radisson Blu Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

An affordable room close to the BT tower!

I have been staying here over a weekend. The hotel was fully packed! The lobby was rather small and loads of people were checking in at the same time (on a Friday morning). The rooms were obviously not ready but the hotel was offering to store our luggage for the day! This option was quite popular and it turned out to be a real industry!

I had booked a single room and this is what I got! A tiny room in the upper floor. Even if there was barely any space for the bed and a small desk, this was still ok considering the price (230Eur for two nights). Everything was functional and the bed was comfortable!
    On the plus size, even if the bathroom was also rather small, as a benefit, it came with a proper shower! No bathtub!
    The breakfast was included and was gorgeous! Everything you could wish from a buffet! It was quite popular too and the restaurant was fully packed!

The hotel was perfectly located, not far from St Pancras and just in front of the Warren street tube station. Many tube lines were available from there or from Euston Square, a nearby station. There was also two supermarkets open quite late in the evening within a stone's throw.

Directions: Close to the BT tower!

• mw808's Profile Photo

Better than I thought

I stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Grafton in the middle of October for 7 nights. I had originally booked online a standard two twin beds room since that was the only thing available but was given a double room on the second floor upon check-in. Check-in took a long time because there were so many people. The hotel rate was high due to the weak dollar but the location was excellent for everything I had planned. The hotel was only steps away from the nearest Tube station (Warren Street), there were two markets nearby (one across the street), and lots of restaurants nearby. After reading all the reviews I was afraid my room would be similar to a standard Japanese-sized hotel room but I was pleasantly surprised at the decent size. The bathroom was a decent size too and the door opened outwards. I’ve had problems with the water leaking onto the floor when taking a shower with only a half glass for the tub but didn’t have any this time. I opened my windows frequently since the heating seemed to be higher than normal even if I set the heater to a low temperature. There was no traffic noise even with the windows opened because my room faced the back of the hotel, but the walls are paper thin and the floor boards are very squeaky. I’m not a light sleeper so I didn’t mind, but it always felt like the guests next door were in my room. The wireless Internet didn’t work for 1.5 days and we were allowed to use the business center for free. No one was ever in the center when I needed to use the computers (there were at least 6 and a printer available). Exchanging currency in the hotel is convenient but can be slow at times and the rate with commission deduction is terrible. I didn’t have breakfast since it was expensive (16.50 pounds). It was easier picking up coffee and breakfast at the nearby coffee places (EAT, Pret Manger, Caffe Nero).

Directions: Very close to Warren Street Tube station

• nomadig's Profile Photo

Good for business

If you have grown tired to the typical London hotels that are a bit run down and sleazy, consider going next time to Radisson Edwardian hotels. One of them is located at the northern end of Tottenham Court Road, just next to Warren Street tube station.

The rooms are well built and decorated, but mine was size of a shoe box. It was enough for one person though and I could easily run my net related errands with their complimentary WLAN. The desk was not huge, but accommodated my laptop and elbows.

The bed was okay -- I've slept in better ones, also in London. The bathroom was small, too, but at least you could open and close the door without hitting anything, including yourself.

I had completed a speedy check-in in the Internet, but had to queue with everyone else. I've experienced much faster check-ins without any self-service involved.

Directions: Next to Warren Street tube station

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Quiet luxury

The Grafton is located on the relatively quiet Tottenham Court Road near Warren Street Tube station . Even with a near by Hospital the place is quiet at night. The hotel itself is pure luxury for those who can't afford real luxury. The rooms are nice with fabulously comfortable king size beds.

The rest of the room doesn't shy away either with beautiful marble in the washrooms.

The hotel restaurant/bar, the Aston, is a nice place to hang out before a quick run out the door for the night. The breakfast in the same room can be crowded on weekends.

Near by is a Sainsburry and Tesco for some late night munchies. McDonalds is next door as well as many other shops. Regent park is also close by.

Warning: If you even breath on something in the mini-bar it will be on your bill.

Unique Quality: Super comfy beds. Oh...my...god.

Directions: Near Warren Street Tube

More about Radisson Edwardian Grafton Hotel

Very Nice Hotel

We had two rooms for 6 nights at the Grafton Hotel in London from March 5th through the 11th and were very pleased with the hotel. The hotel was clean, recently refurbished and ideally located. The Tube stop for Warren Station is practically next door and there is a McDonalds next door for breakfast if you didn't get the breakfast package. Lot's of nice shops in the neighborhood and plenty of wonderful restaurants. We talked to the Concierge and got several recommednations where to eat.
Staff was pleasant and it was a very nice stay

Greta Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member allenone973

We stayed at the Grafton for 3 nights May '04. We requested and received a king bed on a high floor. We were delighted by room 450. It is located in a corner overlooking the Warren Street Underground Station. The room had more windows than i had ever seen in a hotel room and they even opened! The king size bed was wonderful and the linens clean. The bathroom was also wonderful. Rich marble throughout and a shower with good hot water. The room had an american style electric plug for your cell or whatever. The Grafton is located in a business residential area and slows to a trickle at night, but is bustling during the day. There are plenty of little restaurants and shops right there, but many are closed by 6PM. There is a delightful little Italian restaurant right down the street which was open at 10:45PM. Best pasta carbonara anywhere. Grafton also has a restaurant and bar. The Bar has fun tenders from all over the EU. A veritable UN right there in the hotel. Concierges on duty at all hours and helpful and informative. I have seen negative reviews of this hotel on this website, but our experience was delightful. We would definetly stay here again.

Decent hotel to stay in

Got my room via priceline as a 4* hotel for a good price. I found the room to be a decent size, clean with a full size/queen comfortable bed, larger than some other hotels I have stayed in. You stepped down 2 stairs to the sleeping area and could at least walk around the bed on all sides. Nice marble bathroom with good shower and toiletries. Bit of a cramped area near where to hang clothes in cabinet as a writing desk is opposite not giving you a lot of room to use the iron but doable. Hairdryer also in room. Used wake up call via TV which worked great as volume increases to wake you up. Warren St. Tube is a quick 1 minute walk outside the hotel. 2 supermarkets in the neighborhood across the street allowed for things to be brought up to the room. Small mini fridge in room. Helpful desk staff when checking in lets you leave luggage if room is not ready. However, if you need a taxi, don't use theirs. They are not black cabs and charge what they want. I should have asked before I got into the car. It cost me 12₤ to go to Kings Cross Rail station, which I could have probably walked in 15 minutes or gotten on the tube for a lot less.

What is all the moaning about????????

My god why all this moaning and groaning? Yawnnn! There is absolutely nothing wrong with this Hotel, ok it may not be the 4 star hotel that the Americans and Canadians are saying they are used to, fine if you don't like it go and find another one! Simple isn't it? We found the staff helpful enough, no real problem with them at all. The meals were acceptable and I am sorry to disappoint but the rooms were nice, comfortably furnished and clean. We stayed on a combined hotel and theatre break which was very enjoyable.

The room service was punctual and polite. ok maybe the staff are a bit surly, but remember you are in London and not at an Orlando theme park!

Has for being paid poorly, I don't think so. It is London not Leeds.

Dr from Midlands

Hotel was clean, and rooms were nicely decorated, not up to usa size, but we are not in the states.
Bathrooms were normal size, how much space do you need !!!!! nice recently refurbished in marble, all new fittings.

bar pricey, but nicely decorated.
good location for warren street tube.

if you get a good price under 80 gbp per room per nite then stay, its good value for london.

easiest way to get around is to cab it!! or tube

Comments