Radisson SAS Portman

Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Costs 77% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• iaint's Profile Photo

my favourite?

This is definitely in my top 10 for London, although at the time I was going, half the rooms had been upgraded and half were still a bit grotty.

Once they got to know me, I was always put in a new room.

I was upgraded to a junior suite at least twice - due to subtle combination of innate charm and frequent visits.

Close to Oxford Street if on a leisure trip. Close to the tube line for Liverpool St Station, and hence OK if coming from Stansted Airport

Unique Quality: Location; style; service

Directions: Square is just north of Oxford St. Hotel is on NE corner of square.

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

Central hotel with a view

Another expensive hotel but I'm not going to complain since I was upgraded to a suite! That was a bit ridiculous, I was staying there alone and could enjoy two bedrooms and two bathrooms!! I should have organized a party but I was only staying here for a night and that was for work...

Located at the last floor of the building, the view of London was fantastic!! The drawback is there was only two lifts to handle the whole hotel and one of them was out of order!

Very comfortable bed, I've spent a restful night (and I specially needed it!)

Internet was free!! That's something that should be granted but most hotel are usually charging insane prices for this basic commodity!

Unique Quality: Good restaurant at reasonable price. I could slightly complain about the service: the waiter forgot to bring a side dish I had ordered! I also had the feeling to be left on my own, when I finally managed to grab his attention, it was too late...

***Update May08 ***
    Second time I'm staying, this time without being upgraded to a gorgeous suite! Well the standard room is ok as well. Even if the decoration is a bit dated and the bathroom is quite small, the room is big enough and the bed is still quite comfortable. The breakfast isn't cheap (17.5£) but definitely worth it!
    On top of it, Internet access is still free!! Big drawback though, the noise from the street, even from the 8th floor it was rather annoying! Try to get a room not facing the busy street!

Directions: in the area of Marble Arch tube station

More about Radisson SAS Portman

Great First Class Property

by luvtrvlg about RADISSON SAS PORTMAN

I would highly recommend this property. Situated on leafy Portman Squarein the heart of London, South West end. A couple of minutes walk from Oxford Street. Hotel offers wireless connection in all rooms and all public areas. Complimentary to call residents. Property has 1 restaurant on-site. Place is definitely centrally located

Loved Radisson Portman Square

by TripAdvisor Member luckyguy6688

A real 4* Hotel in London.

Upgraded to a business class which included a fabulous breakfast buffet.
Robes and slippers thrown in also. I wish my other hotel in London was as nice.
Guest services were excellent, very cordial staff.

Disapointed

by TripAdvisor Member jojo2005

We just stayed at the Radisson SAS Portman Square. We were there for 3 nights beginning of June. Our room was in the West Tower with the Oriental theme. The room was very small, we had to move the furniture in order to be able to unpack our suitcase. The room was in desparate need of renovations, chips on the wall and furniture. The closet was so small we could fit only 6/7 items in it. There was no dresser so we had to use our suitcase to store our clothes. We asked the Concierge for a map of London and we were treated very highly. If I go back to London it will certainly not be at this Radisson SAS. We stayed at other Radisson during our 3 weeks vacation in Europe and never had such a bad experience.

Decent price for fantastic location

by TripAdvisor Member on_the_road56

Stayed at the Radisson Portman for 5 nights in March - the hotel came highly recommended from our travel agent. The location was ideal, only a 5 minute walk to Oxford Street and Hyde Park. The room was small but well appointed, the biggest problem being the lack of drawers or shelf space. For a room for 2 people (standard room), there was minimal room for clothes. Aside from that, bed was comfortable, room was very clean and the bathroom was a good size. Did not eat at all in the hotel, we were so close to everything that there was no need. Free wireless internet a big bonus! Staff was friendly enough, all in all it was a great experience and probably would stay there again but would upgrade to the next room level for more closet space. As far as London hotels go, great price for the location.

Nice atmosphere. Friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member Fidda

Good location. Rooms a bit on the small side. We were able to check in early at 11am but all that was available was a smoking room. Not reccommended if you're a non smoker - smells of smoke. Drinks at bar were extremely expensive. £4.75 for a pint and £5.50 for a shot of malibu, plus £2.75 for a coke = £8.25 for one drink!! Suggest an off-licence, or a bar just round the corner!! All in all, a nice clean hotel in a good location. Just off Oxford St, less than 10 mins from Selfridges.

Loved the hotel

We stayed in a suite at the radisson which was fab. we stayed at the Penthouse suite which had two rooms, dining table, sofas and two luxury bathrooms. breakfast was very good but the prices in the bar were overshocking. great location if you want to be close to Hyde Park and the shops of Oxford St. the staff in the hotel were very friendly and dinner was very good too. definitely worth a visit.

Good location, not for non-smokers

by TripAdvisor Member sam102

We stayed on 6th May 2006.

The hotel was in an excellent location off Oxford Street so walking distance to the shops and a tube station. As we entered the hotel it took a long time to check in and despite checking in early we were given a twin smoking room when we had booked a non-smoking double room. When we complained they said they only had a double disabled room left which when we looked at it was of a lot lower quality than the twin room and had a dodgy looking cover on the bed. (was also smoking)

At £128 per night I would expect to get the room I had booked!

Also the whole lobby area was thick with smoke and the lifts smelt of smoke as well - definately not a place to stay if you do not want to smell of smoke every time you walk in and out of the hotel.

There were huge fans at the back of the hotel which you could constantly hear throughout the night which may affect light sleepers.

Drinks in the hotel bar were very expensive but that is to be expected.

The bathroom was very nice with heated floor tiles and a really powerful shower.

All in all the hotel wasn't for me, mainly due to the smoky environment. However the rooms are nicely decorated and you get an iron, minibar, TV etc and the hotel is fine if shopping is one of your main reasons for visiting london.

Very pleasant hotel..

by TripAdvisor Member jonstanford

Stayed for one night in a superior room. Able to check-in a bit early at 1pm and found room to be very comfortable & clean. Individual air conditioning a definate bonus for a hotel in the UK! Bathroom nice size, clean & modern, only slight fault was that shower screen did not meet the bath tub, resulting in minor flood!
Location good at far end of Oxford St, near Marble Arch & Hyde Park. Two blocks or so from Oxford St itself, near Selfridges. Did not eat in the hotel but found a great coffee shop a few blocks away that did a great breakfast.
All in all, a pleasant experience for staying in London.

Comments