Rafayel on the Left Bank

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

More about Rafayel on the Left Bank

Excellent romantic venue

by TripAdvisor Member DaveSWales

Rooms were so much bigger than we expected compared to hotels of a similar price - My wife and I enjoyed our stay there and will return next year - staff were very professional and friendly and the restaurant/bar served great food - wonderful views of the Thames as well added to the romance.

Sleek, warm and friendly

by TripAdvisor Member WanderingFar

I have stayed at the Hotel Rafayel twice and will keep going back. For a premium hotel, it is surprisingly warm and friendly. The friendliness comes from the attentive and enthusiastic staff, who were available to assist with requests and demonstrated their interest in us enjoying our stay. The fact that the hotel feels warm and welcoming is a credit to the designers, who have worked well with a small overall space and managed to make the interior attractive and slick without leaving it cold. Our rooms continued this feeling and as long-distance travellers we appreciated the long and comfortable sleep we were able to get. The only minor challenge was figuring out the shower controls (once we decoded them, it was great).

A great hotel and a warm welcome

by TripAdvisor Member woolie68

A really comfortable room, with good modern decor and the sort of shower I'd have really liked to take home with me! Excellent bed too. The design has got a good balance of comfortable versus interesting/modern. The welcome was excellent, every member of staff I passed said hello and had a smile. I had a drink in the bar/restaurant overlooking the river and it is a great spot. I didn't eat there, but it looks good; the breakfast was excellent. This is still during the soft launch stage I gather, so presumably its going to get even better! Well worth checking out.

A unique setting of exqiuset panorama and brilliant "at your service" staff

by TripAdvisor Member viscounts

The rooms are truly brilliant and beat anything you would find elsewhere in London. The size and value conquers all expectations.

One of the breathtaking attributes to behold is the windows which are almost all floor to ceiling overlooking the river.

The location was easy to get to even though I don't frequently go across to the south side of the river. It is truly a great find and I would encourage and recommend the hotel no end! Thanks, S

Wonderful Hotel, Great Staff

by TripAdvisor Member bhamryan

I recently stayed at Rafayel Hotel for two nights whilst on a business trip to London. Although the hotel was in its opening stage I really had an enjoyable stay and I will defiantly be visiting again. On arriving at the hotel I immediately got the impression that I was appreciated and the staff were glad I was there. I have never stayed in an eco hotel before but it didn’t feel as though anything was compromised in any way, in fact I think most of the differences were subtle and didn’t affect my hotel experience at all.

Highlights: My bedroom was much bigger than I had expected and very stylishly designed. I stayed in a ‘Mississippi’ room and was impressed by the spaciousness and overall quality of the room. I had no problem in connecting my laptop to the internet (for free!) and I really liked the fact that the staff took the time to make sure I knew how everything worked and that I knew where everything was. There was also a full mini bar area in my room which was well stocked and reasonably priced.

The bathroom was also large and modern, my room had an excellent oversized shower unit with body jets. Organic toiletries were provided but to save on waste plastic bottles there is a card in the bathroom where you can order from a list of complementary items such as toothpaste and shavers etc. There were plenty of towels supplied in my room and also a dressing gown.

I didn’t get chance to eat in the restaurant, however I had an enjoyable few drinks at the banyan restaurant bar. The lighting in there was fabulous and it had a great view of the river Thames. It doesn’t at all feel like a normal hotel bar and I would go there even if I wasn’t staying in the hotel.

Overall this is a wonderful hotel and I’m looking forward to staying again on my next visit.

Luxurious Hotel In Battersea

by TripAdvisor Member kasens

My husband and I stayed one night in the Nile room at this newly opened hotel in Battersea. It’s located directly on the river just west of Battersea Park. Having only been open a few days, I was very impressed with the hotel. The staff was excited to show off the hotel and our room to us. Our room was on the second floor which also had some meeting rooms and a very nice sitting area with tv- great for reading the morning paper, watching the news, or waiting for your wife to finish getting ready while staying out of her way.

Room: The Nile room is a very large suite with a king size bed, a separate sitting area and LCD tv, dining table (great for meetings as you can see the tv which I believe can be hooked up to a computer), separate desk, spacious closets and an enormous bathroom with Jacuzzi tub and separate waterfall shower.

The décor is business modern with dark wood and light accents. The lobby is quite tastefully decorated as well. We had a view of the river looking towards Wandsworth Bridge. There is free wifi in the rooms.

The bathroom was the best part! Large, white, fluffy towels and robes were provided. The Jacuzzi tub is elegantly settled in the corner with rich body soaps and shampoos (in the shower as well). It took a couple of minutes to figure out how to turn the jets on, but once on it was a very relaxing bath! There is a tv near the bath as well, but we could not figure out how to turn it on. The shower is large with a waterfall showerhead and side jets with separate hand-held shower. The vanity was very wide and provided a lot of space for me to spread out all of my toiletries (and my husbands). There is a bidet as well, but that was not used! The tiling on the walls is beautiful- coppers, browns, gold, and bronzes. We did make use of the robes as the bathroom was a little cold.

We had a couple glasses of wine and a cocktail at the restaurant, Banyan on the River. The restaurant/bar overlooks the river and is very sleek. The menu looks delicious – mixture of Indian and European specialties. Prices were very reasonable. We both had a great night sleep in the large, king size bed. We had an early wake up call and did not make it to the brassiere in the lobby, though the English breakfast for £11.95 is not a bad price.

Location- the hotel is walking distance to the Battersea Heliport, and there is a bus stop right in front that will take you to Chelsea on to Victoria Station or to Clapham Junction Station. Battersea Park is also walking distance. The spa and gym were not quite finished while we were there, though, from the website it seems like it will offer many wonderful services. We will definitely return to this hotel and look forward to the completion of the rooftop terrace.

Promising, but shouldn't have soft-launched when not at all ready

by TripAdvisor Member BobBob83

Lovely hotel in some senses - looks great and the rooms are big with a particularly impressive shower.

However, in addition to the expected troubles with a soft launch (keycards not working - can live with that as long as it's sorted) there were a few more serious issues. First, the climate control was next to useless, even after calling repeatedly through the night to get it remotely lowered. Thus a night's sleep was totally lost due to impossibly high temperatures. Second, while the staff were trying hard to resolve these problems beyond their control, they were also making basic errors (such as telling us the bar opening an hour and a half before it actually did - leading to a manic rush to get ready that was totally wasted).

Despite all this I expect that Rafayel will be a first class hotel as soon as it irons out these teething troubles. Perhaps though the best advice in hindsight would have been for them not to open before they were (anywhere near) ready.

Great Hotel and Service!

by TripAdvisor Member shaheryarmian

I stayed 3 nights and truly enjoyed my stay...for the price you cannot get the same level of comfort and service anywhere in London....its a brand new hotel and really modern with great restaurants and views of london. Also quite close to sloan square and chelsea/fulham area which is my favorite part of London.

Stylish, beautiful, luxury, special

by TripAdvisor Member eduard_maron

It was my big pleasure to stay in in Rafayel on the Left Bank, what is just recently opened hotel in Battersea area of London. Luxury hotel on the south bank of the River Thames, which is like island within London, where you may lovely spend time and I am sure you wish to come here again and again. Everything in hotel, rooms, restaurant, spa and even lobby is fantastically designed and very stylish. One of the most beautiful hotel I ever seen before (but saw a lot of them). Only on thing what may make worry…this is quiet expensive hotel, but it worth of this.

Dr Eduard Maron, Phd, MD
psychiatrist, senior scientist

Destined to stand out from the competition when running 100% operational!

by TripAdvisor Member CambridgeJoe

The hotel owner was on duty when we arrived and helped us through the check-in process alongside his staff. The hotel rooms are stunning, very spacious and modern with a comfortable atmosphere. As there were several empty rooms on the night of our stay so they upgraded us, free of charge which was unexpected and made the stay even better. All of the staff went above and beyond to help us and the concierge even gave us a lift into town when taxis were taking up to an hour to pick up. The only slight problem was minor, our room key did not work at first but this was not a problem for more than two minutes as the staff rectified it straight away. Overall the rooms, atmosphere and staff made this my most comfortable and enjoyable stay in London.

The Old Rose pub - LondonThe Old Rose pub - London

ExteriorExterior

Island Gardens DLR stationIsland Gardens DLR station

Night view from Tate ModernNight view from Tate Modern

Cheap Accomodation in London

by Frenchpromo

hiya, I will be heading London for the weekend. I need to find a cheap accomodation just to rest and sleep. No need any fancy interiors, furniture, etc just a comfortable bed to rest.

Anyone has any cheap and good recommendations in London .... somewhere central? Cheers!

FP.

Re: Cheap Accomodation in London

by leics

I'm afraid London is not known for its cheap central accomodation.

Hostels are liekly to be the cheapest (some have separate rooms). Have a look at www.hostelworld.com and www.hostelbookers.com for names & reviews (you can always google the hostel and book directly with them).

You could also try the Easyhotels, which offer no-frills rooms at reasonable prices:

Sometimes the Travelodge chain has good deals, but it is a matter of luck as to whether your dates are included:

www.travelodge.co.uk

The official tourist info site will list all available accommodation:

Re: Cheap Accomodation in London

by wise23girl

Well there is a little hotel near Bayswater

Elysse no stars London 25/26 Craven Terr.
020 7402 7633 www.hotelelysee.co.uk info@hotelelysee.co.uk

Now it is OK. It was clean when we were there. Our room was small...sit on toilet with feet almost in shower...no frills.
B'fast was a boiled egg rolling on a plate. They will sometimes drop the price if you ask nicely for a deal. Well a couple of years ago.

David would go back...I like a bit more atmosphere Marg

Comments