30 Rathbone Street, London, W1T 1LB, United Kingdom

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Boerresen's Profile Photo

Great location for a girly/couple getaway

We stayed four nights and our (girly) mission in London was strolling, shopping, light sightseeing and one evening enjoying a musical (in this case "We will rock you" - Dominion, conveniently close ). The location is brilliant for all of that.
    The room (double deluxe) is rather small, but adequate for our mission. It's kept nice and clean. The shower is a regular downpour and the water is hot to ones preference in seconds. I appreciate that greatly. There's a hairdryer available, but it's one of these inefficient wallhanged eyesores, so bring your own (if you need one). One thing I quite missed was a minibar (read fridge) - the tap water (at least in this area of London) has a nasty chemical taste to it, so it would have been nice to be able to keep bottled water cold.
    I can't comment on the hotel restaurant, as we didn't have any meals there. The neighborhood however has quite a lot really nice and reasonably priced restaurants and cafes, so there are loads to choose from, if you don't want to go too far for a meal in the evening or breakfast in the morning.
    There are business facilities by the lobby and WIFI is available in the rooms, but it's quite pricy.
    The staff at the reception was very helpful and in general a really nice lot.

Unique Quality: Rathbone Hotel is not really unique as hotels go - apart maybe from the above mentioned and highly praised location, shower facilities and helpful staff at the reception.

Directions: Charlotte Street - Oxford St. Tottenham Court rd.station, West End

More about Rathbone Hotel

Absolutely fine - the Rathbone Hotel

After reading poor reviews, I was worried, but was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Very well situated just off Oxford Street, the Executive Double room we had was clean, spacious and comfortable. Staff were coureous, friendly and very helpful. Continental breakfast was plentiful and tasty.

A small lounge/bar, but so many places round about as an alternative. Room service good. No parking on-site - NCP close by. Little outside noise. We stayed just the one night on a quick break, and would return.

absolutly loved it

Great hotel, excellent rooms. I'd say this hotel made me feel welcome. They had excellent room service and pleasant staff that told us everything we needed to know. Great people. I am very likely to return to the Rathbone hotel and will definitely recommend it to friends and colleagues

Family Reuinion:We had a Wonderful stay

Our family stayed at The Rathbone Hotel in London and were looked after very well. We hope to visit here again.

Excellent service, fantastic staff, Absolutely magnificent

I was at Rathborn for very short visit and I must note the excellent service by confident staff. A very rare to experience at this type of hotel in London.

Although the hotel is dated and in need of updating, everywhere seems to be very tidy and kept well. Check in was very fast, few minutes, and very personal. I was addressed by the name, which was marvelous. In-Room reading materials and information about weather was excellent touch together with information about London.

Very polite housekeeping staff who says good morning to you and never seen dirty laundry lying around in corridors.

Breakfast staff, again, was wonderful and polite service. It looks as though their job depend on your happiness.

Marvelous location coupled with excellent service. If they managed to update the property and keep the staff, could well be one of the best hotels in London.

Convenient and comfortable

Stayed at this comfortable hotel recently and found it to be a conveniently located and comfortable 'home from home' base during my stay in London. Staff very attentive and helpful and I would choose the Rathbone again when visiting London. Thank you to all at the hotel who made me feel so welcome.

Great for a weekend break

I loved this hotel. It has a warm and welcoming feeling the second you walk through the door and this mainly comes from the friendly staff.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and the suites are fantastic.

It is a great place to stay for a weekend as it is close to oxford street and has a tube station close by.

A Fantastic Hotel!

My partner and I stayed at the Rathbone for a weekend in Feb 2006. The hotel is absolutely fantastic - we had an executive room which was huge and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was a bit on the shoddy side (cracks in the tiles, spa jets not working in the bath) but the rest of the room made up for that. The room service menu was quite pricey but the hotel's location is fantastic - there are so many restaurants around to choose from and there is a Tesco just round the corner. Definately one of the best places I have stayed in London for under £100 a night.

A very Plesant Surprise

My wife and I after much research decided on staying 2 nights at this hotel.

Our main decision was that it was airconditioned and there was an elevator as we've been caught here before with having to carry our luggage up many flights of stares. Yes, you can get warm in a room in London without air conditioning. From my wifes point of view it needed to be close to the Theatres as we were only in London for 2 nights.

Checkin was very easy and the staff welcoming. Our room was large with a very comfortable double bed and the bathroom more than adequate.

Stays in other London hotels previously had left us dissapointed with room sizes etc.

Our Airline misplaced our luggage but we advised the reception staff and on our return from shopping they had taken the bags to our room.

There are plent of choices on where to eat in the surrounding streets and I can say that the Pizza Express just around the corner does a mean pizza.

The location is excellent for theatres and the closest ungerground we found was Tottenham Court Road on Oxford Street, just 5mins walk away.

You are a 10 min walk from the Leceister Square Ticket booth for cheap same day Theatre tickets also.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel and I would consider staying again on my next visit to London.

50th Birthday

I requested flowers to be in the room on our arrival for my wifes 50th birthday. Not only were they there but they were beautiful!!Reception were very careful to hide the details so my wife did not see the cost.The room was very comfortable with quality fittings and fixtures. The Continental breakfast was good ( I would have preferred the full English but was not told of its availability until I had booked the Continental). Otherwise a thoroughly pleasant stay, the staff were excellent and the location ideal for our needs with easy parking within 10 minutes at reasonable rates.Throughly recommended, we will stay there again.

Comments