Regency Hotel

Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Regency Hotel

Fantastic!!!!

My wife and I justed checked out of the regency yesterday and I must say it was great. The hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly and the location was fantastic. When we did arrive we did have a doorman greet us and they were very plesant. Also I had order football tickets that were delivered to the hotel prior to my arrivial and I sent them an email as a heads up and they were verygood to keep them aside for me and email me when they did show up. Honestly its a great hotel and steal for the price, we booked via hotels.ca and paid 160Cad which is by far cheaper than any other 4 star hotel. Plenty of local restaurents around and a pretty nice posh looking neighbourhood to boot as well. I strongly recommend and I wouldn't look else where on our future visits to London

Queen's Gate---An Elegant Hotel

Our stay at this lovely hotel was a very positive experience. Although, air-conditioning would be nice on a hot London summer day, the accommodating staff and expansive rooms made our stay very pleasant. A welcoming smile and helpful attitude go a long way with weary guests!

Nice Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member John_WashingtonDC

I stayed at the Regency for three nights in August 2004, and had no major problems or objections. The room was a bit small, but it was comfortable and clean. The staff was polite and helpful when I asked for their advice for touring London. My package included breakfast each morning, which was pretty good, and filling enough to serve as a brunch. The location was nice too, within easy walking distance of shops and a tube station.

The only thing that could have been unsatisfying was the price. I got a deal that gave me three nights for the price of two. If I had paid the fee for the full three nights, the room might have been too small to justify the cost. But given the price I actually paid, I was satisfied.

This hotel is exceptionally good when it comes to service

My mother and I stayed at The Regency Hotel on Queens' Gate for a week (August, 2004) and we absolutely enjoyed our stay there. From we entered the hotel and checked-in, we found the service to be exceptionally good. After a seven hour tiring flight from Washington, DC to London, it was nice of the hotel to have a room available for us upon our arrival.

One of the attributes I thoroughly liked about this hotel is the service I received from the Head Concierge. In corresponding with him via email weeks prior to my arrival, we were able to get all of our questions answered in a timely manner. He assisted us in getting all of our tours and evening shows reserved which allowed us to have very good seats at the shows. It was very nice having everything prepared for us which enhanced our trip tremendously. With this attribute, it made our trip go smoothly and well organized. Additionally, the service at the Front Desk, Room Service, restaurant, and Bellman was exceptionally nice. Most importantly, our room was nicely air-conditioned, large, very, very clean, and comfortable. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel because it is centrally located, safe, and very easy to get to and from. And again the service was exceptionally nice.

Most importantly, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for exceptionally good service. Try it and you will not regret it. I will return to this hotel again, and again. As a matter of fact, The Regency Hotel will be my home away from home whenever I am in London.

Annette B. Seymour

Not luxurious, but would return again

by TripAdvisor Member lavenderose

My husband and I spent 6 nights at the Regency in South Kensington in September 2004. The hotel was comfortable, but probably would have a lower ranking in the US. The rooms, as are most London hotel rooms, are very small. However, spotlessly clean, and comfortable enough given their size limits. Plenty of hot water, a nice big bathtub, very good maid service, and a generally helpful front desk. The location has much to recommend it, just 5 mins stroll to the Picadilly Line at So. Kensington underground, and within walkind distance of major museums. The neighborhood is lively, safe, and pricey, with good restaurants and pubs to choose from. We did not do the hotel breakfast as it was priced quite high and was nothing special, but there are plenty of cafes in the area. All in all we would return here again...good value for money spent. We were a little irked that the hotel TV did not carry CNN..We were told that the hotel was "working on it" (it had been available during our first night) but over the course of our stay it never returned....We were also unable to check in before that stated time of 2:00 pm, even tho' we were there earlier, and were obvuously just off a plane...In fact, we were not checked in until about 2:30 which I did not find hospitable, but I don't know the hotel's side of this...(I know that maids did come by to do rooms as early as 8:00 am so I don't understand why we had to wait, but this is really a minor complaint. Just don't expect an early check in: leave tour bags and go explore a museum for a while...)I think if Americans and others do not expect luxury, but are looking for clean, safe, adequate accommodations with helpful concierge and a great location, this hotel will fill the bill. (but not for any claustrophobes out there!)

We loved it

We loved it. The location was great and the hotel was nice. It was clean, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was clean. The staff was nice especially the concierge, John. He helped us out with restaurants and special tickets to shows and day trips. Also, you are a few blocks to the Tube station. The neighborhood near the hotel is nice and safe. We would stay there again.

Was nice but a bit overpriced

I thought the location of the Hotel was great, 5 minute walk to the Tube and in a really nice neighbourhood. The staff were pleasant enough, not over friendly, but the concierge was very helpful every time we need assistance with booking a show or the London eye. The room was tiny, but I suspect that it was fairly average for London. There was no room to put your bags away, so we basically had to skirt around our bags and the bed for the entire weekend! We got the room on Hotels.com for £90 a night plus charges which works out approx 150 euro a night not incl. breakfast which is £15 for a full English. I dont think I would definitely stay here again the Jury's across the road looked a bit classier. The room was a bit dated. No minibar, a small 14 inch portable TV and the shower was not very powerful at all. But the beds and sheets were very comfortable indeed. Overall, a pleasant stay, but I think it was overpriced at £90 a night.

Comfortable and Clean, but Unexciting

by TripAdvisor Member JayWL3

Nothing very special about the Regency Hotel. On the positive side, it is comfortable and clean and in a fairly nice location. On the negative side, its facilities are a bit worn and most of the staff uses English as a second language. The public space is small and the bar is unappealing. Overall, it is good for the money.

Very nice, bit noisy

by TripAdvisor Member RichardBelgium

A nice hotel, very friendly staff and well-located in a classy neighbourhood, only a stroll to the nearest subway station. Room was clean but small to tiny and noisy (ask not to be near the garage / storage room in the back of the hotel...). Comfortable beds, clean bathroom. Would go back (if we got another room).

Comments