Richmond Inn Hotel

More about Richmond Inn Hotel

Fantastic !!

by TripAdvisor Member Fussy73

Having visited Richmond for an evening with friends the Richmond Hill
Hotel was recommended for location and comfort. Fantastic freindly staff, lovely room and value for money, right on the top of richmond hill near the park. Cannot fault anything, The hotel having now got 4 stars and I can see why!

I stay in hotels alot and tend to be quite picky, but not with this one.

Will definately be coming back with my partner for a weekend.

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member LouBealeEnfield

My husband and I had a lovely weekend break at the Hotel. The staff were very friendly. the room was very comfy, we had a great meal in the restaurant. By the way the leisure club added that bit of pampering.....great.

A MOST TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

by TripAdvisor Member DrJSoCal

Room we stayed at ..was old and musty.....poor ventilation other than a noisy overhead fan..window would not remain open! Bed was lumpy.....this was a two level, what the hotel called an 'executive' both spaces were so small..bath up a set of stairs from where the bed was....would definitely not return to this property....way overpriced for what one gets!

Faulty Towers is luxury in comparison

by TripAdvisor Member Elena25

I have booked my parents into this hotel 3 times (through need rather
than choice!) and all three times there have been serious problems. Starting with them trying to overcharge to putting them into the wrong (inferior!) room which had a heated towel rail and locked windows (it was 35C outisde!) when I have specifically requested a room with air con.

However, during this last stay, they have exceeded my very low expectations. My parents had a call to their room at 3 in the morning
(which they didn't pick up as they were asleep) followed by a man walking into their room. As my parents don't speak English this was very confusing and frightening for them, and when I called to find out what happened, hotel employee said :"Oh yeah, I heard about that, sorry about it!" Apparently they booked someone else into that room at 3 in the morning!!!!

My parents are russian and are used to poor soviet-style service but this even makes Fawlty Towers look like an example of excellent service!

What a disappointment

by TripAdvisor Member vic054

After booking a Executive Room at £205.00 per night - We could not believe that we were put in what they call a superior room (which usually costs £175.00 per night). When we challenged this we were told we had booked a superior room but would be upgraded if they were not busy BUT WE WERE STILL PAYING FOR THE EXECUTIVE ROOM at £205.00 - It wasn't as if they had overbooked as they were quite happy to move us to the Executive Room as they had them available.

The rooms are supposed to have been refurbished recently - They did not look like they had been refurbished for the last 4 years. The rooms are small and dark and dingy.

The radiator had at least two years dust collected on it. The room was never hovered during the whole of our stay.

When we finally checked out they tried to over charge us again for telephone calls we did not make. The overcharging seems to be something they do regularly as at check out there were several other people going through the same process of complaining because they had also been overcharged.

At check out at other hotels you are normally asked if you enjoyed your stay - Not at Richmond Hill, I think they know everybodys answer - Not likely afterall nobody likes to be ripped off.

Comments