252 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7EN, United Kingdom

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• MartinK35's Profile Photo

Recently changed ownership.

The Renaissance Chancery Court was a fabulous hotel. It's recently been refurbished and is now under new ownership as "The Rosewood London". I've not been inside since it was renamed and re branded but by all accounts it's still a great place to stay if you can afford it.

If you are confused by all the reviews of the Renaissance Chancery Court and can't find it, it will be because it doesn't exist any more. The magnificent building still exists and it's still a hotel but it's now "The Rosewood London"..

• zizland's Profile Photo

A lovely experience

a beautiful hotel in a great location. be warned, though, the room quality varies greatly. some rooms are quite spacious - others are very small.

the lobby is beautiful and a stroll through the hotel is rewarding for it's architecture. the building used to be a former bank/insurance company and has a great feel.

the staff are well trained and quite professional. the lounge is a bit loud, but pleasant. delicious nibbles while you sip your drinks. quiet spaces are available for business meetings and the staff treats you well.

Unique Quality: the architecture is beautiful. great location near much of central london's numerous sites. a short walk to tube stops.

Directions: central london. nearest tube stop is holburn.

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Thanks Marriott Points

Thank goodness for Marriott Points or I would have never been able to afford this very business like hotel which had great access to everything we wanted to do in London. Some people have mentioned in other travel websites that the walls were paper thin, but we were in a corner room on the 5th floor and didn't hear a peep from anybody.

The only disappointment I had was when I asked the concierage one time about getting to a certain area not too far from the hotel and he recommended a cab instead of answering my question about which tube station was the closest. Other then that the chocolates and fresh fruit in the lobby were fantastic (especially loved the fresh figs), check in and check out were very smooth. The private entrance way off the main street which was watched over by a Marriott employee and the turndown service at night which included a white linen cloth on each side of our bed was a delight.

Unique Quality: Room was spacious and included all the amenities you could think of for a business hotel. Absolutely loved the white linen that the turndown service provided each night by the side of the bed.

Directions: About a 1 block walk from the Holborn Tube Station

• jdw7319's Profile Photo

Upscale in London's Barrister District

First Class all the way !! Fantastic property with close access to the Tube.

Unique Quality: The President of one of the Russian breakaway countries was staying there at the same time we were. This hotel was featured in a couple of movies. I believe one was The Saint.

• Terrific Buy!

This is an old converted insurance company building that now is a wonderful hotel. I travel to London several times a year and have over 120 trips there, so I have tried a few hotels. My main -stay has been the Savoy for many years, but I was introduced to the Renaissance Chancery Court by a client this last trip and I am soon to be in a quandry. Next trip, I don't know where I will stay. The hotel is that good! And the Savoy is just the very very best!

Unique Quality: Great businss services, excellent location, bars are excellent for meeting business associates (classy and quiet)

• Best London Hotel

This hotel of the Marriott chain is by far the best hotel in London I stayed in. It's located in the Bloomsburry/Holborn area within walking distance of Covent Garden and the other London popular attractions.This 5* hotel built in the early 20th century is part of the English Heritage and was used several times as a movie set. Its style is magnificient with its unique grand marble staircase, very large lobby, spacious and relaxing piano-bar.....
    The rooms are very spacious, decorated with style, comfortable beds and big bathrooms.
    One of the best assets of the hotel is its spa facilities, where they have over 40 different treatments (spa is accessible to non-guest also)
    Continental breakfast is £17

Unique Quality: Spa, pool, fitness
    Fantastic hotel bar and restaurant
    The Bar
    The Pearl

Directions: Holborn tube station

• Radiomom's Profile Photo

What a great way to beat jetlag!

On our way to South Africa, we had a stop over in London. I turned in some Marriott points and got this hotel for our "one night stand." As flights from the states arrive early, we were very happy that they gave us our room when we arrived about 9:30AM. We fell into that wonderful bed and had a fabulous nap...woke up and went out for lunch and the rest of the afternoon.

Unique Quality: We don't stay in such wonderful places on our own dime -- but WOW this was amazing. The service was great, the facilities were lovely, the location was charming. We were in walking distance to so much, and the tube stops were convenient. I'd recommend this place if you can afford it -- and if you have a chance to get it for "points" go for it!

Directions: This was a beautiful part of the city!

More about Renaissance Chancery Court

Business Class Hotel in Downtown london

by bcorbitt about Renaissance London Chancery Court Hotel

Stayed for one night at end of four day trip as spent previous two at friends house in suburb(Hither Green) and wanted to spend late night out on town and also go to British Museum before afternoon flight. The British Museum is within walking distance and High Holburn is lined with bars including some nightclubs that are open past midnight which is nice. This is a definitely a business hotel as only could afford it with frequent flyer points. It is very nice as the bar is quiet and open late without too outrageous drink prices. Being a business hotel they charge for internet which I never understood since cheaper hotels provide it for free. Breakfast was included in overnight certificate and definitely would not have paid what I think was the 20 pound charge as the eggs were runny and other that fancy eating area the food was buffet no different than a 3 star hotel. Bellhop waved cab(lourie) into the courtyard as the hotel. Room was very nice though being only five stories tall even our top floor room did not have much of a view. Bed was comfortable and bathroom large. Weird thing about hotel was lack of plugs as had trouble plugging in hair dryer easily. If on business account and working in financial area would stay, if on budget would go elsewhere. Old feel of building as though part of Marriott chain it was converted from former court building. Kept most of old charm including the old library feel of bar area.

Great Hotel! Great Location!

We've just returned from our first-ever trip to London. Based on the reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor, we chose the Renaissance London Chancery Court hotel. We were not disappointed. Our room was well-appointed and spacious. Our package included a full english breakfast daily and one high tea. There is a breakfast buffet, and breakfast served in the restaurant. We tried both and liked the buffet the best. Although they had pretty much the same items every day, there was enough of a variety that you could have something different each morning. Our room had everything we could ever need; mini-fridge, hair dryer, coffee maker, (although the coffee was instant), which was just a hot water maker, very nice sitting area with desk, sofa, chairs and tv, iron and board and marble bathroom. The staff is outstanding! They are friendly and very helpful. The toblerone and apples on the front desk are a welcome treat for a quick snack. The location is superb. It's less than a 5 minute walk to the Holborn tube. It's about a 10 minute walk to Covent Garden. There are many shops on High Holborn incl. coffee shops, news stands, drugstore,etc. We will definitely be back to London and when we do, we will stay at this hotel.

Loved the Chancery Court

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for four days at the end of a very busy tour of Italy. We found this beautiful architectural hotel to be in a very good area for sight seeing. The staff were so attentive and warm. The room was outstanding and the turn down service was worth the price of admission. We enjoyed our meals in the lobby and were delighted with our stay - wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else.

Great hotel

Spent the last few nights of a great European vacation at the Renaissance and really enjoyed it. It was a bit of a rough start because I had reserved my room through my work's travel agency and had only a reservation for 1 when I needed 2 beds for 3 adults. After a bit of a "scolding", I was given a very spacious room that fit us all. The location is near lots of pubs and restaurants and the tube stop is extremely convenient. From Heathrow, you can get on the Picadilly line, get off at the Holborn station and walk half a block to the hotel (it's a 45-50 minute ride compared to the Heathrow Express, but its relatively easy to find a seat on the train and there's space for luggage). Warning: there are about 10 steps to get to street level (rest is escalators). Afternoon tea was nice and with a good rate of 150 pounds, was a nice deal in an expensive city!

Travel from Renaissance Chancery Court to St Pancras During Morning Rush Hour

by riorich55

My wife and I will be leaving the Renaissance Chancery Court Hotel to catch the train to Paris. Our train leaves at 7:32 a.m. on a Thursday. We will probably have 2 carry on bags and 1 large suitcase. Should we take the tube with that baggage at that time of the day (it looks like it is only 2 stops away) or would it be easier to take a cab?

Re: Travel from Renaissance Chancery Court to St Pancras During Morning Rush Hour

by sourbugger

I presume that you are using public transport on days leaving up to your departure. If so, why not use the left luggage facilities at the station (they open at 7 am by the way). That way you could have a leisurely stroll the station that morning with just a small overnight bag.

I would avoid the tube if possible - it is quite a large underground station with steps in places.

by film

Make it easy on yourself, take a cab, it is not far and cab does luggage very well.

by leics

But remember to allow more time for the taxi to get there if it's rush-hour. Best to pre-book one too.

by qaminari

Btw you do know that for Eurostar you need to check in about 30 minutes before the time of your train? You have to go through security controls with your bags, plus British exit passport controls and French entry passport controls before you can boad the train.
It is always easier to take taxis, but you are right that it is only 2 stops on the Victoria line from Holborn Kings Cross/St. Pancras - however, it's still a bit of a walk to St. Pancras International. If you have time you could try out the journey beforehand, but bear in mind that the Victoria line currently closes from 22.00 on Monday to Thursday nights (I'm not sure till what time in the morning) for line upgrade works, though there are replacement bus services.

by Tricky_Dicky69

Hi, if your train leaves at 7:32 a.m. you will have to be leaving your hotel early enough not to have to worry about the traffic so a cab would probably be the best option.

by riorich55

Thanks for the help everyone. The pre arranged cab it is.

Comments