3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Lancaster London
Hotels.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Rated 12% higher but also costs 114% more than other 3.5 star hotels

Royal Lancaster - Hyde Park - London

You can't but love the view of this hotel. The location is very strategic for tourists and it is highly recommended to VTiers that would be visiting London for the first time. This is because the Royal Lancaster is very close to everywhere, and the transport conections are just very convinient. A little expensive, but its worth the cost given that it is very close to the Hyde Park.

The floor in this pics is for the handsome and the rich. The Royal Park Suite..you are welcomed.

Unique Quality: The ambience, the location, and the restaurant.

here comes the desert

I forgot to add the dessert,..it came on time and very unique in every sence of taste. I truely enjoyed my meal in the Royal Lancaster.

Royal Lancaster

The interesting thing about the meal was me asking for a cocktail that was not familiar...I must say that this particular one is very spicy..though I took a long walk in the park after the meal, I cant be too sure if it contributed to my not sleeping on time eventually. lol! So, next time you consult your doctor before making an order for cocktails..

Unique Quality: The service here is outstanding, and I was very satisfied.

Royal Lancaster

This is the main course, it is just to wet your appetite. As I said, the Royal Lancaster has a very nice restaurant. This meal was served at the Island restaurant at the basement with a wonderful view of the street.

Unique Quality: The service here was appropriate, and very warm..I believe the management here is independent of the Main Hotel..lol!

Royal Lancaster

As I mentioned above, this is the double room, very comfortable and well kept...had the AC worked, I think I could have had a wonderful time. I try to get the windows open, but, it seem I need to go for a course on that as well. Sooo, I did what was the best in the circumstance. The Hade park was just across the street.

Unique Quality: Yes, the Hade Park! It was very close. I think you will see more of the Park in my travelogs. I took a walk in the Park, and it was nice.

Royal Lancaster Hotel

I had arrived here with great expectations, but,..hmmmm! I guess there is a need to improve services. Below is the double room I choose, even though I knew I will be staying all alone. I wanted the comfort....but, that day, London was hot, and I needed the aircondition to work badly. The reception actually kept me on the line for eternity when I try to ask them to get the AC to work. ..what more, I didnt get it done untill I checked out the following morning. Huh!

And my bill? ask them.

Unique Quality: I think they have wonderful restaurants. Two of them. One is a thai restaurant and the other is called Island Restaurant. I choose the later. Asked for sea food as usual, and it was very nice.

More about Royal Lancaster

Great Stay

The Royal Lancaster Hotel is a excellent hotel to stay in. We had booked another hotel prior to coming to London. When we arrived at that hotel, it was terrible so we walked down to the Royal Lancaster Hotel and asked if they have a triple room for us. The staff and the Manager was so helpfull. The Manager took us up to a room to view. We enjoyed our stay so much. We ordered room service, our food was so beautifully displayed and there was alot on the plate. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going on holiday. The view out the window is Hyde Park, absolutely fantastic. The location is very good.

Not so Royal

by TripAdvisor Member josiejoDealKent

Just had an overnight stay at the Royal Lancaster and it has an impressive reception that bequests its 4 stars but the rooms are no better than a travel inn/lodge. Yes we had a mini bar and room service where a pot of tea was £5.00, but there was no other difference. Expected far more. I was disappointed. We had been to a concert and my boys aged 18 and 21 had three quarter shorts on so we were refused entry into the bar which i could understand if there hadnt been anyone in there who didnt have jeans on. My boys ordered room service for chips and a beer and a coke had to wait over an hour. Like I say very impressive reception everything else not so bright. Be careful when you book as there are three levels of breakfast ours was continental which consisted of small danish pastry croisssants toast butter jam and rolls and juice. Next level up vitality which included cereals fruit at £17.50 per head extra, Full english an extra £20.50 extra.

Not recommended!

by TripAdvisor Member MarcoPolo66

How this hotel has a 4 star rating I really don't know.

The rooms are adequate if a little dated. The bed was not the most comfortable but it served its purpose, the TV was a little old fashioned & had poor reception.

There were no tea & coffee making facilities is the room which is a little strange when you consider that us Brits are a nation of tea drinkers. Apparantly tea & coffee making facilities have to be ordered from housekeeping & are subject to availability! We couldn't get through to housekeeping & make our request via reception. Nothing ever arrived & we received no explanation as to why.

A traditional english breakfast in the hotel restaurant cost £18.00 per person. This may well be the going rate in London but I find it a little steep for something that would cost a fraction of the price elsewhere. Upon entering the restaurant we were confronted with table upon table of dirty dishes, the staff didn't seem bothered about clearing them away. As a matter of fact there seemed little urgency from any of the staff & our waitress was a trifle forgetful.

To cap a memorable weekend our bedroom door opened at about 12.30am. The 'intruders' turned out to be our friends who were also staying the night. Instead of booking us into separate rooms the incompetent staff on reception had booked both parties into the same room! We were then further disturbed by a series of telephone calls from reception as our friends were being told that there wasn't a room for them.
After some negotiation a room was found & everyone finally managed to get to sleep. I wouldn't expect this at a B & B let alone a 4 star hotel.

To cap it all the car parking fee for little over 36 hours was a whopping £50. If you do decide to stay here I would suggest that you park your car elsewhere. An outraged american lady was certainly making her feelings known on the matter. What must foreign tourists think when they are presented with extorionate rates & poor service? This is a poor advert for Britain.

If the management of the Royal Lancaster Hotel are reading this, may I suggest that you either lower your fees or raise your standards to justify them. It's the little things that matter such as tea making facilities, clean tables in the restaurant & efficient staff. A man at the entrance in a fancy hat & coat doesn't impress me much & certainly wouldn't encourage me to stay at this hotel again.

On a positive note the location is superb & it is very convenient for central london.

Pleasant high rise hotel

by TripAdvisor Member conferenceprofessional

Great views from the 17th floor executive room, which was very spacious with a large bed. Room was very comfortable and pleasant though traditional and not memorable for it's decor or style. Lobby area is nice but again not memorable. Unfortunately the lounge area on the first floor has no natural daylight, however the new Island Bar and Restaurant is airy, stylish and contemporary. Good breakfast, though average service - make sure you go to Island for a full cooked breakfast.

Attended an event at the hotel - conference facilities here are fantastic, particularly the new rooms which are stunning. Excellent food and service at the event.

Hotel has a very famous Thai restaurant, which looked nice but unfortunately no opportunity to visit this.

Would benefit from a gym. Good location with very easy tube access.

A good 4 star hotel with nice reception staff, a decent room at the executive level and good food. They have refurbished the exterior of the hotel to the third floor, with plans underfoot for a complete refurbishment of the rest of the tower - which would certainly have the potential to produce a quite excellent hotel.

London: budget accomodation and flight

by Dubinskyi

Hi guys!

Two questions:

1) I`ll be attending Adam Smith Conference in Landon (12-14 March), which takes place at the Royal Lancaster Hotel. I have had take a look to the room fares - and seems they are too expensive for me (155 pounds per night). May be some of you can advise me a litle bit cheaper hotel, not far from the Lancaster (for about EUR50-60 per night) or a clean hostel nearby???

2) May be somebody have an experience of a budget flight from Kiev to London (for about EUR300) and can give me an advise?

Will apreciate any help!!!!
Alex

RE: London: budget accomodation and flight

by formica