Royal Park Hotel

2-5 Westbourne Terrace, Lancaster Gate, Hyde Park, London, W2 3UL, United Kingdom
The Royal Park Hotel
Expedia.com Agoda.com Hotels.com

Costs 50% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Royal Park Hotel

Average at best

We just returned from our stay at th Royal Park Hotel. I must say this hotel is average at best. You can hear the people above you stomping around. Every morning the hot water would turn luke warm. I also have a recommendation for the hotel "mini bar". The restaurant recommendations by the staff were horrible. Unfortunately, I booked this hotel because of the reviews on this site. I would not stay at this hotel again. I will also never book a hotel by the ratings of this site. The people writing the rave reviews of this hotel must of been high.

Lovely hotel if you don't mind noise from above

Just returned from a three night stay at the Royal Park Hotel. Excellent location for access to Hyde Park and the Tube. Daniel the conceirge was amazing and managed to book us fantastic theater tickets to a sold out show. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Room decor was lovely and although others had said the rooms were on the small side ours was quite roomy and the bed was very comfortable. Our major complaint with this hotel is the noise from the rooms above. You can hear every footstep and creak in the floor boards. If I stayed here again I would request a room on the 5th floor in the back of the building. The hotel offers sherry upon arrival and a champagne and canapes service in the evening but you won't get it unless you ask which seemed odd to me. There is also a tea service but we were never at the hotel during that time. Overall a lovely hotel if you don't mind the noise.

Suberb experience

Stayed at the Royal Park hotel with my boyfriend in October. It was a surprise trip for his 30th birthday. Everything was perfect! The staff was attentive, helpful and even surprised him with a bottle of champagne on his birthday that i didn't even arrange for! We stayed in a lovely four poster bed and the room was nicely decorates and very spacious. The best thing with the hotel was the location- so close to Hyde Park and very easy to reach from Heathrow with the express train. I do not understand other peoples bad reviews of this place. You can not get better value for money in London! Complimentary afternoon tea and glass of champagne in the evening was all suberb extras! I am hoping my boyfriend will take us back on my 30th birthday!

Relax in a Royal Park

by Jenniflower

London has many parks, one of the cities in the world with the most 'green' areas... some stretching for many acres and others nestled between buildings or occupying old (cleared) bomb sites and ruins.

These parks come ALIVE during summer, when people flock there whenever the sun is out... whether during a lunch hour in Central London, or watching a lazy game of cricket in a Greater London park :)

My favourite Central London parks are:
Hyde Park
St James Park
St James Square (small park near my office)
Regents Park
Green Park

My favourite Greater London parks are:
Wimbledon Common
Richmond Park

WARSAW , Poland

by sihi

Palace on water is only one part (but very interesting) of Lazienki park in Warsaw.
Lazienki park is amazing Royal park one of the most beautiful parks in Europe. Park has many interesting things, some of them is Theatre on water.
Royal park of Lazienki is a part of ROYAL WAY of Warsaw and is MUST SEE!

Don't believe the hype.

I'm glad to see some others that don't agree with the raving recommendations.

My husband and I just returned from our "last real vacation" before we become parents in January. We wanted to splurge on the whole event and, based on the reviews on tripadvisor, I thought this would be a nice place to stay.

To start, I was surprised how stingy they were with the toiletries. I could not get a bar of soap for both the shower and sink, and they did not give me a new bar the whole week. With the shampoos and conditioners they would only give you a new one if you were COMPLETELY out of the old. Seemed such a silly thing to be stingy about.

Other complaints: The shower was lukewarm to cold some mornings. There is no alarm clock and it was sometimes difficult for me to contact someone for a wake up call. Our tub didn't drain well and we had to stand in water while showering. The noise at night, with people going up and down the stairs, woke me several times. Some of the restaurant recommendations from the concierge were laughable, but a couple were decent.

The positives: It is a nicely decorated and comfortable hotel. The tea and scones were a nice touch. The staff was very nice, they even switched our room because of someone smoking (heavily) on our floor.

Overall the Royal Park was okay; not great, not bad. My negatives are only petty little things that made the experience a little less than what I had hoped for.

I paid $370/night for an executive double. I don't believe the experience was worth the price, but it is the exchange rate that hurt me. If I were to pay $200/night I might consider staying here again.

Our best hotel stay ever!

by TripAdvisor Member treierts

We stayed in room 205 from october 20th to 23rd. We booked this hotel since we read all the good reviews on this site and we were not dissappointed at all.

We made our reservation through travelocity, but when we arrived the hotel staff could not find our reservation. Still, they immediately got us a room similar or better to the one we had booked. Excellent service.

The room was, simply put, outstanding. It was quite spacious and the bed and bathroom were both great. We also had a small adjoining room (it was a suite) where we enjoyed our breakfast and complementary afternoon tea. Room service was prompt and very nice. Both the bedroom and the adjoining room had flat screen televisions. I also had use for the broadband internet connection and it worked great. All this for GBP200 a night!

On out first night we asked for restaurant recommendations, and we were sent of to Island restaurant, just a few steps away. It was fantastic. The food and wine was excellent; so much in fact, that we went there a gain for our last night. Great food, excellent service and for a reasonable price. Highly recommended.

Our concierge Daniel was great. Always helpful and spot on with his recommendations.

We will most certainly be back to this hotel i London for our next visit there.

You won't find better value for money than this in central London.

Standards must be slipping....

I have to say I was dissapointed, I booked this hotel as a treat for my wife in celebration of our wedding anniversary. Having read all the rave reviews on this site, we were very excited at the prospect of feeling pampered in 5 star luxury. It certainly did not come up to either I or my wiife's expectations.

Arrived having walked up and down Westbourne Terrace 3 or 4 times trying to find this place, the only thing that gives you a clue that this place is a hotel is the 6" x 6" brass plaque one of the pillars that you cannot even read from the pavement!

The interior of this hotel is very nice, very traditional but because it has been recently refurbished it is not at all shabby and actually feels new. Upon check-in we were NOT offrered the "complimentary" glass of whisky or sherry and not wanting to be a cheapskate and get off on the wrong foot I let this slide. We were shown to our £200 "4 poster suite" which was actually the size of a small standard room in most hotels I have stayed in before. It was decorated very niceley with a very good quality 4 poster bed, however to call this room a suite was just plain exageration.

There is a "complimentary" afternoon tea served between 3 - 5pm but as we were making our trip in London to see the matinee showing of a West End show, we arrived back at 5.15 pm, we asked if it might be possible that we could still have the afternoon tea and were refused (so much for going the extra mile !!)

We returned to our room to find that there was only luke warm water in which to bathe. Then came the "complimentary" Champagne and apperetiffes, we had to ask for them to be provided, if they are supposed to be available why not make it easy and less embarrasing for guests by asking them instead rather than the other way around, but having missed out on the other two "complimentary" perks I decided to swallow my pride and ask anyway, the champagne was gorgeous, ice colled and not too dry, the apperetiffes were 4 postage stamp sized slices of stale bread with a miniscule slice of salmon on two and some cream cheese on the other two, not praticularly impressive. We went out for a meal at the "Ask" pizzeria just round the block which was excellent value for money with great service, even though it is a chain restaraunt. We returned to the room and settled down in the very comfy bed, howvever a good nights sleep was definatley not what we got, we must have been woken up 5 - 6 times in the night by the sound of people stamping about upstairs. The room became unbearably hot and it was then that we found out that the air conditioning was not working, I literally had to open the window even though we were on street level, so that some fresh air could be let in of course I could not sleep until I closed the window again as we could have had anybody climbing in through the window! In the morning there is no hot water, this time it not even lukewarm, just cold, so I had to have a cold shower and walk off into the a late octobers morning in England (you know what I mean!) The final frustration on checking out was the I found out that the special rate I had found via the Travelocity web site did not include VAT so I had to stump up an extra £35.00 on top of the VERY overpriced £200 I had expected. My final little whinge is that they have parking at the hotel but that is £30.00 per night I know London parking is expensive but that just takes the buscuit! Usreley it shoud be free for paying guests or at least made to be a nominal charge. If you insist on staying at this hotel, make sure you park at the Paddington public car park which works out to be £22.00 per 24 hour period.

Overall this is a niceley decorated hotel that could be simply superb is let down by less than attentive staff, poor soundproofing and what must be the original plumbing/hot water heating! I also notice that in the last week or so several bad reviews have been posted on this hotel, maybe they have taken thier eye off the ball!

Not recomended.

Absolutely wonderful

Stayed three wonderful nites at RPH: 60-second walk from Hyde Park; incredibly professional & friendly staff; ideal neighbourhood; delightful rooms (Executive Double); well worth every pound!! ENJOY!!

Not Impressed

by TripAdvisor Member Byzguy

This hotel is nothing to write home about. I agree with the other reviews. During my trip in October, I was without hot water, the room was freezing cold and there was no apologies for either problem, other than maintenance would "look into it". The staff for the most part were friendly and helpful. The rooms are very small, with no alarm clocks and the bathrooms are poorly designed. Sorry, spend your money at the Victoria Park Plaza Hotel for double the room size and half the price. I booked my room based on this web site and standards in the hotel must have dropped dramatically.

Grenwich the oldest royal parkGrenwich the oldest royal park

Comments