Russ Hill, Charlwood, Surrey, RH6 0EL, United Kingdom
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Russ Hill Hotel

the worst i've ever stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member osca

I don't need to read the reviews to know how bad this hotel is, I stayed one night with my boyfriend before an early morning flight from Gatwick - What a Bad idea! the leaflet showed a good standard hotel, but it didn't show all the grotty rooms with the peeling wall-paper, the dirty bathroom, and not too mention the worst bed i've ever stayed in, We ate in the resteraunt, the food was not bad but was expensive, the hallway/reception and the exterior of the hotel looked good. Even so, I will not be recomending this hotel to friend and family and to anyone thinking of staying a night be warned!

horrible end to a lovely holiday

What an awful place to stay. Arriving at midnight after a long plane journey we were reasonably impressed with the reception area of this "Hotel".Once given our key to room 204 we proceeded up the very tatty staircase and once inside the room it was filthy.. wallpaper dirty and hanging from the walls, the bed sheets had not been changed from the previous occupants. The net curtains were BLACK with grime.The glass door to the shower room was covered in mould.The soap dish was covered in old soap scum! We didn't complain at the time as we just wanted to get out of the place. I have since sent a letter to the manager asking for a full refund,which so far has not arrived. This Hotel should be closed down.

Stale smoke throughout, Paper Walls and Flea Bites!!!

You'll hear it all from the rest of the people who have left comments, but this hotel is disgusting. We stayed overnight in October 04 before jetting out to Florida early hours, thinking a good night sleep would be good instead of a 2 hour drive. Think again if you are the same as we were. We didnt ask much, just a small room and a good nights sleep. The walls may as well be paper as we could hear conversations from all around, tv's, etc....you get my drift. It was smokey, greeted by smoking in the reception and bar stank and had no filtering in place. Extortionate and we could not wait to leave. On top of this, we headed for an early night feeling miserable instead of excited about our holiday. I barely slept - mostly due to itching of my legs, and got up in the morning to find flea bites on my legs - I could have cried!!! This place should be condemned - its a disgrace!

destroyed my car

We parked our car on the 6th Aug and returned on the 21st Aug 2004. We had a room booked but looking at the hotel we decided to drive home. On returning to the car I found that it would not start so I opened the bonnet and found the engine bay completley flooded. The AA man said this could only of happened by the car being driven at a speed through water and gave me a report to say this when I informed the car park attendants they refused to accept any blame and told me to prove any wrong doing on their behalf which of coarse I couldn't. The repair bill was approx £3000 which luckily for me was covered with a full Ford warranty. The moral of the story is don't park your car there. It really is at your own risk.

Disgusting place

This was a dirty, smelly, run down, out of the way, horrible place. When we saw and smelled our room, we immediately checked back out. It is not worth one pound per night. And did I mention the terrible noise from the hundreds of planes flying right overhead ALL night? (Well, the desk clerk told us they fly all night. We left before that could happen to us.) The hotel's provided description is totally misleading as is their photo. RUN the other way!

Absolutely Disgusting

The worst hotel I have ever experienced- the rooms are beyond disgusting- they are unimaginabley grim, filthy, smelt of sewage, nothing works, unheated - it should be investigated by the authorities, closed down and then burnt down.

A new attraction for Disney

We stayed here on the night prior to our flight to Orlando to celebrate New Year in true party style. All we were looking for was a clean and comfortable room with secure parking for our car. Positive first as this is the only one, our car was moved to a rubble car park behind the tall trees which was very dirty but the apart from some dirt the condition of the car was fine.
However the hotel is a scene from a haunted house or something.
On arrival we walked into a lovely wood panelled foyer and thought this place had real character and warmth. Unfortunately as we entered our room it was an entirely different story behind the scenes.
Damp was aparent with smell and falling wall paper both on the walls and ceiling. The bed and bedclothes had definately not seemed like they had been purchased or washed in this century, so with this discomfort we asked to be moved as we needed a good night sleep.
After looking at a further 7 or 8 rooms which were all the same with also I forgot the added feature of a months worth of dust on most surfaces we called for the manager.
We asked to be moved to an alternate hotel as we were unhappy with these conditions and also upset that we had spent time wandering the corridors looking for a room instead of resting. He suggested showing us one last room before doing this which was their first class suite. This was ok but I will express just OK considering we were now in their supposed top class accomodation.

All I can say is don't do it, pay an extra £30 or what ever it takes and stick with a named hotel like Hiltons or Thistle.

The choice is yours!

lovely position

I was amazed to read the reviews because I had a good time here! I had booked an "economy" single room so wasn't expecting much and indeed, the appearance was run-down. This was more than compensated by the wonderful position of the hotel. I spent all day before my flight wandering through the woods, the evening swimming in the pool and relaxing in the free sauna. (I was the only one there.) I then had a meal in the restaurant and I ate the reasonably priced very good special which all the diners were praising. I have stayed at extremely expensive hotels (work) and very very cheap backpacker places all over the world. I was very happy with this hotel at this price ( I've paid far more for featureless concrete squares and paid extra for "leisure activities"). I have recommended the hotel to friends, mainly because of the situation and restaurant.

Just horrible

Having stayed recently my wife and i found the room smelled musty the bed so old one could feel the springs in your back. Would never stay there again.

What leisure facilities?

The indoor pool and facilities are now only open for a couple of hours in the morning and a couple of hours in the afternoon. It is just so run down and dirty.

Comments