SACO London - Holborn

Lamb's Conduit St, London, United Kingdom
SACO Holborn - Lamb's Conduit St
Booking.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

More about London

The pub settingThe pub setting

Palm TreePalm Tree

Pond SquarePond Square

British MuseumBritish Museum

Senior Special??

by Kokid08

After purchasing my Senior Rate for Eurostar London to Paris trip, I noticed I bought a round trip instead of the "One Way" that I wanted. Be careful on line.

by craic

it's shocking the way one can so easily book the wrong date or whatever - i have done it

i get everything into the boxes right - check another option - then come back

and it has all gone back to default and i don't notice

by leics

One should always be careful to read all the relevant text, whether online or not.

by Kokid08

I think I was too happy when I saw the "Senior Rate". Anyway, I paid more than my wife who thought it was funny.

by cubsur

I once booked a round trip deliberately, as it was cheaper than a one-way ticket and just threw the unwanted return half into the bin.

by SurfaceTravel

Yes, booking one-way is very expensive on the Eurostar (I've tried it several times), and I'll bet your return ticket is cheaper.

by leics

You are right.one-way fares do not have the cheap options that return fares do (cheapest is 51BP, as opposed to 29.50GBP for one leg of a return journey).

Cheaper tickets are limited in availability and sell out very quickly. The booking 'window' is open 120 days before travel date; if you want the cheaper fares you have to book well in advance, as with budget airlines.

Travel Tips for London

See Buckingham Palace (even...

by Nef_Kate

See Buckingham Palace (even though I found it was ugly), the Westminister Abbey (simply gorgeous!) THe wax museum, The London Dungeon ride (very historical)! The London Tower Bridge, I can go on! Its very expensive! The Westminister Abbey. The windows are out of this world. To see all the caskets of past kings and queens, etc...

Who studies on a study abroad?!

by shutterlust

I am not the studying type. I hate the idea of studying and have never subjected myself to such torture.

However, I adore reading. So I'm kinda stuck. My personal solution is to read far, far, FAR ahead of the class. That way, it's not an "assignment" so it doesn't feel like I'm studying. Crafty, eh?

Sitting on one of the benches on the north side of the Thames, between the Temple and Blackfriar Tube stop, near the MIllennium Bridge and across from Tate Modern and Shakespeare's Globe is my favorite place to chill and read a good law book. Haha. Seriously!

Day trip to Greenwich

by draguza

I caught the boat from the Westminster Pier (by Big Ben) to head to Greenwich. It was a cloudy day, which made the boat ride not really nice but anyway I got some great views of London.
When on the boat, the sights are amazing and combined, it makes for a nice day and is well worth a visit. If you're only in London for a few days I wouldn't put this at the top of your list. But if you have the time I would recommend it.

pubs serve food at limited times

by johnandlynclarke

This may not be a cultural tip but your belly will be glad to know that pubs generally stop serving food by 2 pm and do not serve again until 5 or 6 pm. One can drink...but not eat. Do not let the time get away from you!

London is quite a...

by hayward68

London is quite a multi-cultural city and all the different ethnic groups bring their own customs to make this such an interesting place to visit.
You can easily play 'Spot the Canadians' in various parks when you see a road hockey game being played. Toronto Maple Leafs jersey 2nd from the left ;-)

Comments