Sanderson - Morgans Hotel Group

Hotels.com Sanderson London Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• fishing4jetlag's Profile Photo

Sexy Pricey Hotel

The Sanderson or Saint Martins Lane are expensive, sxy hotels that are best stayed at on an expense account if you can swing that. If you're rich, well simply enjoy -- the hotels are very modern cool with white everything -- walls, bed, etc (how creative is that?) -- anyway it's all fun...great nitelife in London, better shops than NYC in my opinion...

More about Sanderson - Morgans Hotel Group

Sanderson - relaxing and sexy

After a very long and stressful 2005, my husband decided to take me for a surprise break to London and we stayed at the Sanderson hotel. My husband has stayed there on business many times. He often talks about the hotel and the staff, but I have never been.
The whole experience was simply magical and I think Christmas time in London made it more so.
The rooms are very dream-like and very very white (amazingly clean - you can tell that I am a housewife and mother!). A real treat for me was the spa - Agua - I felt as if I had drifted off to another world.
Thank you Sanderson. You have chilled out a stressed out Mummy!
Fingers crossed that I can visit Sanderson again.

Awesome! Amazing! Astonishing! Triple AAA!

by TripAdvisor Member pelun

Stayed at Sanderson hotel 18-22 February 2006, and it was a fabulous experience. Everything about the hotel is great. The décor all over the place is fantastic, from the beautiful lobby, the attractive long bar with its striking garden, the intimate purple bar, the lovely billiard room, the sophisticated restaurant, the stunning aqua spa area and the gorgeous rooms. Yes it is definitely a Philip Starch experience and if you don’t like that style you should go elsewhere. The service is brilliant. I have been to St Martin’s lane as well, which is very nice, but this is the flagship! I have stayed at many other top class hotels in London, but this is going to be my regular spot in the future. Go there and experience something different! Enjoy!

Will never stay here again!

We had won a weekend holiday in London and were booked into the Sanderson hotel. As it was a 5 star luxury hotel we were really looking forward to it. On check in, the receptionist kept clicking away on her computer for ages before we asked if there was a problem and she said "yes, i do not have a booking for you." We were made to wait for approx 40 mins before they realised that they did have a room for us, apparently there had been some mix up somewhere!!!!
We made our way to the lifts only to find it pitch black inside apart from moon and stars decor on the walls, exiting the lift to our floor we found that was also pitch black apart from small lights outside each door illuminating the room numbers. When entering our room it felt like we were in a hospital ward, net curtains in abundance with white walls and bedding.
No dressing table, no wardrobe and only one socket (not practical for women who use hairdryers and tongs!!). Prices were ridiculous, cup of coffee @£4.62 and a gin and tonic and glass of water in the residents bar £13.50. We actually checked out a day early and were glad to get home to some normality. If you want a futuristic clinical hotel this is it, otherwise don't waste your time....or money!!!!!

Great Hotel

Spent a weekend at this hotel last month and loved it to bits. The receptionists were great and the camp concierge guy was a scream, coming out with some great one liners. Took my 13 year old daughter who thought he was fab and the hotel ultra cool. COuldnt quite work out initially why check in/check out along with any request was dealt with in such a hassle free way.... then wondered if it was because they were all male?? just a thought.....

Great lobby , loved the art and furniture. Lifts are whacky and should think very strange if you were worse for wear!

The long bar was very trendy and packed the Sat night we stayed - although trying to get a 13 year old through the bar to the Spoon Restaurant situated at the other end of the bar was not an experience to be repeated although she thought fun! The waiter kindly found us another way back to our room when we had finished. The food and service in Spoon was excellent as was the breakfast the following morning although there wasnt much of it!

The room we had was very stylish but as a previous reviewer has mentioned a bit Ikeaish. We tried to book some Spa treatments but apparently have to book weeks in advance so that was a little disappointing but overall a great hotel and would certainly stay again.

Modern, expensive and a bit overrated

by TripAdvisor Member Globetrotter799

If you like minimalistic surroundings, this hotel is the place to be. The rooms are very white and there is hardly any furniture, only a desk and a bed. The bed was lovely though. I usually have trouble sleeping in hotelbeds but not this time. The bathroom was nice. Orange sink, great shower and a green lit mirror. The toilet seemed a bit cheap and it wasn't attached very well. The other thing that bothered me was the fact that there was no closet. I had to leave my clothes in my suitcase.
The staff was very friendly and attentive. However, DONT LET THEM ARRANGE A CAB FOR YOU! The hotel has a deal with the most expensive cab-service in London. We partied in the same area for two nights. The first night the hotel arranged a cab for us: We payed 25 pounds. The next night we arranged one ourselves (an official radiotaxi) and only had to pay 6 pounds. The bars in the hotel were very nice and we had some expensive but lovely cocktails. The only negative thing I can think of was that the people in the white bar were a bit pretentious. The hotel is located in Soho, the place to be. But the street in which it is situated is truely the most boring street in Soho. If you are into hip minimalistic designerhotels you can better stay at St. Martins Lane, a hotel of the same group. The rooms were a bit smaller but nicer (with light in adjustable colours) and the location is so much better: in the heart of Soho in a street that is alive and vibrant.

A fantastic Stay

My husband and I stayed at the Sanderson to take a break for the weekend. We arrived on Friday, and found ourselves in a different world. The sleek designs were amazing, and the staff were absolutely amazing. The manager on duty checked us in (Jason?). He knew our names before I had even got to the front desk, and remembered it for the entire stay. We asked for his help a number of times throughout the two nights, and he was always happy to help-truly one of the best i have ever seen. All other staff were only too happy to help, and amazingly intuitive to whatever you could possibly be wanting. Suzie, the concierge, was able to get me into the perfect restaurant for us (at very limited notice), simply by asking me one or two questions, and the cocktails in the purple bar were among the finest we have ever had.

I would stay there again and again for a weekend of fun or simply to unwind. The hotel is amazing, but the staff are incredible.

Good Quality Hotel room wanted

by masterplanner

I am travelling up from Ashford in Kent for a wedding anniversary weekend in July and wish to stay in a 'decent' hotel in central London. Its a surprise for my wife so i'm after something a little special.

Ive been dissapointed before at the quality of rooms in the Hotels i've stayed at in the capital, i'm willing to pay around £150 -£200 per night or maybe a little more if you think the accomadation is worth it.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks.

Re: Good Quality Hotel room wanted

by film

Could try the Sanderson Hotel, it has certainly got 'interior design appeal'.

Re: Good Quality Hotel room wanted

by robine

I suggest you try www.hotels.com (or www.lastminute.com) for special offers. Maybe (but I don't know) your budget would put Claridges, the Ritz or the Savoy within reach?

Comments