Sheraton Skyline Hotel And Conference Centre

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Perfect Dayroom for London Layover

We had a 10 hours layover in between 2 long flights. We originally planned to do a little sightseeing but decided to get some sleep instead! That turned out to be an excellent decision.

The hotel was within a few minutes of Heathrow. We took a taxi, although there was a shuttle service to the hotel (for a price).

Our room was really nice - and a good size. The bed was huge with a ton of pillows and comfortable bedding. There were triple-glazed windows with overlapping blackout curtains. All of that made for a very peaceful, comfortable sleep.

We did not use any of the hotel amenities or restaurants other than to grab some coffee from the Starbucks in the lobby. If you want or need a good sleep, this is the place!

• PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

Good quality hotel at LHR

Very helpful staff in the reception area especially. We were able to leave one of our large suitcases with the hotel whilst visiting other parts of Europe and picked it up on an overnight stay prior travelling on to Canada.

Very spacious rooms and very little noise from the airport

Unique Quality: A very spacious hotel with good eating areas.

Directions: To the east of LHR entrance
    Not to be confused with the Sheraton Heathrow to the west of the airport

More about Sheraton Skyline Hotel And Conference Centre

Sheraton Skyline

by Scotsgal

This busy hotel is a top pick for those who want accommodations near the airport. Its festive air includes a sky lit pool in the center of the facility, complete with lush vegetation, bamboo accents, and a swim-up bar popular with vacationers. The lobby and lounges continue the exotic, colorful theme, and guest rooms boast hardwood furniture, irons and ironing boards, and bathrobes. Premium rooms have fax machines and allow you your own phone number. Expansion convention space is available, and service is quick at this fun but efficient hotel.

Sheraton, good stay, but no view..

My husband and I stayed at this hotel after we bought a 1 night room on priceline. We were staying in London on the way back from Athens, Greece. The name Sheraton Skyline was deceptive to us, as we thought we would have some kind of view, but there was nothing of the kind, the hotel I believe is only 3 or 4 stories high. As it was our first time in London, we did feel a bit ripped off with the Hotel Hoppa pass.. if we didn't have 4 heavy suitcases, I may have opted for the free bus from Heathrow the the hotel (all buses from the airport to the Heathrow region hotels are free). Of course we figured this one out on the way back. We had a great time in London, the hotel was approx 15 minutes from the Tube station, then from Heathrow to Central London was a little over an hour. The hotel was nice. We were first given a room key for a room that was still occupied. We went back to the front desk, and they apologized and gave us a free upgrade to a "Sleeper" bed. VERY NICE. I have never slept in a bed that large before, it was probably a king sized bed with another half on it. We had a comfortable nights stay, large bathroom, good service.

Didn't want to get out of bed!

by TripAdvisor Member Filmgirl29

Having stayed at budget hotels throughout our two week trip in Europe, this was probably the best place my boyfriend and I stayed at! When we arrived, I started chatting with the manager who was checking us in. As I also work in hospitality, he said that that was worth an upgrade to an executive level room. I thought this was funny, because I had read a bunch of reviews and followed the tips to book on Priceline, and then email the hotel to request a king bed, non-smoking room; this gets you the executive level room upgrade for free. Therefore, the manager's generosity was a moot point. Oh, well, it was nice of him to try.

The room itself is very much an American style hotel room. The bed was like falling into a patch of clouds. We definitely did not want to get up at 4am the next morning for our flight home! The bathroom is also spacious and decked out in black marble. We got chocolates at turndown service, and the free water bottles and tea maker in the room came in handy, too. We had dinner in the Sports Bar restaurant downstairs. Service was slow (to say the least) and the food was overpriced and average, but there was an enjoyable football game going on that all the convention guests came in to yell and shout for, so the entertainment was good.

Overall, this is a great overnight hotel before a flight, and an awesome deal through Priceline.

Great room rate

by TripAdvisor Member neilyork

I paid just £60 for a room at this hotel, found on their website. I also got a guaranteed upgrade as I'm an SPG Gold card holder. If you stay at this hotel, ask for a room on the second floor as they are exec. rooms that have recently been refurbished.

Arriving at the hotel was easy by Heathrow Hoppa and check-in was quicker than I'd expected.

The room was excellent and definately above average. It had a large bed, big tv as well as a clean and bright bathroom.

The downside to this hotel and the reason I wouldn't say it is Excellent is the price of everything else such as food and drink. The in-room minibar was charging £2.35 for a can of Coke and the 'Turbonet' fast internet access charge is £14.10 per day...very difficult to justify such high prices I feel.

Apart from the prices however, it's a nice hotel with decent facilities including swimming pool. My advice would be to stay here, but eat at the airport before you arrive in the evening and check out then go for Breakfast at the airport the next morning.

Nice

by TripAdvisor Member soderblom

Amazing Rooms. HUGE comfortable bed. I didn't want to leave in the AM. Very nice restaurants and SkyLounge was great. Take the free bus from Heathrow Central Bus Station. About 5 minutes and FREE.... I believe the bus is 292, but read otehr revies for the right bus. 3rd stop right after the McDonalds on the left.

Staff was awesome. Room had no view, but who cares. It is at HEATHROW, what is there to see anyway. Room was spacious and loaded with amenities. Would DEFINITELY stay here again!!!

This gives Sheraton a bad name

by TripAdvisor Member huscrbil

Where do I start? We reserved a nonsmoking room, but were given a room that reeked of smoke and had a huge ashtray next to the bed. The carpet was torn and patched with black duct tape. There were holes in the hallway walls, along with peeling wallpaper. The ventilation grille was missing and we could see wiring and piping, along with light coming from above the bathroom ceiling. The bathroom ceiling tiles were stained and moldy. The air conditioning was turned off for the entire hotel, making our room hot and smelly. The worst of the evening was the mattress. It was so worn out, we literally could not lay in a flat position. We kept rolling toward the center of the bed. The framing at the edge of the mattress was elevated, due to the lack of support for the rest of the bed, so sitting at the edge of the bed, or laying close to the edge of the bed was impossible. Additionally, the pricing for food was outrageous - total gouging of the customers (16 GBP for Continental Breakfast)! The only good experience at this hotel was the Concierge. He was fabulous, and helped us out withh some of the prblems we encountered while at the Sheraton. This is by far, the worst Sheraton I have ever stayed at, anywhere in the world.

Book a renovated room

by TripAdvisor Member blondetotty

I had stayed at the Sheraton on previous occasions on my own and this time because I requested a twin room found myself on the third floor, which looks a bit tired and dated. The beds were still very nice, but no extras such as robes were supplied. The room service menu was out of date and we waited over 30 minutes for a new menu and then another 30 minutes for the food to be delivered, not good when you're tired and hungry and have an early flight. We were also booked in on a night when the hotel runs a Mumbai Nights night in the skybar and were woken on numerous occasions in the early hours by 'guests' obviously just leaving the party. Being an airport hotel I imagine most guests booking into this place would be overnight early flighters like us and so we didn't appreciate this sleep deprivation, after all the whole point was to get a decent nights sleep before a very early flight. We mentioned this on check out and didn't get so much as a 'I'm sorry about that'. Overall not bad but perhaps the hotel ought to rethink the whole arrangement with 'loud partying guests' versus the 'business need to get a nights sleep travellers'.

Stay anywhere but here

by TripAdvisor Member mentaltraveller

We agree with a previous reviewer that this is the worst Sheraton ever. I am a member of their frequent stay program and I am rethinking that now. The reception staff were rude and uncommunicative, and the duty manager was worse. I have never seen such an untrained and uninterested group. We had booked a suite, and they had lost our reservation. Fortunately I had their confirmation on their letterhead. They kept us waiting without telling us what they were doing even when we asked if and what they were checking. Just silence and staring at the computer board. Not even the courtesy of "i'm sorry" or "let's see what's happened" or "we'll sort that out right away" nothing. Finally they sent us up to a room rather than a suite after saying the suite was ready. We had to call them again. Again the duty manager could not communicate properly. And the suite was extremely shabby, frayed, dirty, and missing the fridge and kitchenette they promised! Unbelievably outdated. Another call down to the incompetent staff. I never thought I would say any suite would be not worth staying in. But this was such a rip off, even on special!
Plus you will never pay more for a breakfast.
The doormen were also very rude and unhelpful about where and when the airport shuttle bus was.
There are many hotels to choose from at Heathrow, avoid this one!

Oddbins and/or tube station near Sheraton Skyline (near Heathrow)

by jeffinca

Hi, can anyone tell me if there's a tube station near the Sheraton Skyline (very near Heathrow on Bath road), or if there's an Oddbins store near the Skyline? Thanks...

RE: Oddbins and/or tube station near Sheraton Skyline (near Heathrow)

by Maxus

The nearest tube station is actuallt at at Heathrow Airport (about a mile away). The nearest Oddbins is 5.3 miles away on St Margaret’s Rd in Twickenham.

RE: Oddbins and/or tube station near Sheraton Skyline (near Heathrow)

by film

This site may be of some help.

Comments