So Quartier NW6

Rated 31% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

More about So Quartier NW6

Acorn Lease Company

by declyn

We found this company on the internet after being scammed by London Apartments Direct. So we were understandably skeptical. This rental office is located in Russell Square but they have a US office located in California. We were a group of 11 renting 2 3-bedroom flats. This is a company that rents flats to students and visiting staff for the universities in the area. They are clean but simple. Our group of 6 lucked out as our original flat with Acorn developed
some plumbing problems so they put us in a nicer apartment. There were a few problems with the apartment (leaky sink, no shower head in bathroom shower) and they were very responsive. There maintenance man was there within an hour of our call. I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is plannin on traveling to London.

B&B, guest house, pension...

by Adeline0210

Hello
We'd like to go back to London this year but don't want to stay in a hotel. We're looking for a B&B, a guest house or pension. If you know a clean, comfortable, calm place, please give us your tips. It may be in zone 1 or 5, but if it's 30£ / pers. /night maximum, it would be nice :-)
Thanks a lot
Adeline

by hawkhead

Try the various universities' accommodation sites.
www.housing.lon.ac.uk/site7/Vacation.htm for University of London. Also www.imperial.ac.uk/conferences/index.asp?page_id=3 for Imperial College. We have stayed at Imperial's Beit Hall, which is very conveniently located right behind the Albert Hall, good bus connections a block away, plus South Ken tube is about a 10 minute walk away. Good location all round but especially for V&A Museum, Science Museum, Nat. Hist. Museum, etc. Recommend Beit Hall. Clean, safe, congenial. Check it out on Imperial's website but booking through www.octopustravel.com will give you a cheaper rate. There are also hostels in central London - type "hostels, london, uk" into Google. But I have no idea what they are like.

by hicken

Try www.londonbb.com for B&Bs within your price range.
The accommodation section of www.timeout.com (the London bit) has all the other options.

by RinkyD

www.ashleehouse.co.uk in Kings Cross

Used to pass there everyday when going college, popular with students/tourists

by zontania

Adeline

If you are going to be in London for a week or more, I would most definitely recommend a serviced apartment as it costs less than a hotel. E.g. you say you are willing to pay up to 30 quid a night per person, assuming you are a couple that is 60 quid a night or 420 quid a week.

Also try www.findaproperty.com and select Short Lets from the menu on the left. It will bring you to a page where you can select the area you are interested in and you will see several agencies that will let a flat for a week.

Hope this helps.

Renting Apartments?

by traveler06

We will have 6 people traveling with us and have been told that renting apartments maybe something to look into. How does one go about locating an apartment? Is there generally a limit to the amount of days you must rent? What would the cost be? Basically, is this something we should look into or should we stick with hostels and hotels?

by zuriga

I rented an apartment (in the UK it's called a flat) several times and really enjoyed the experience. You can search by Googling .. London Apartments works. I think most places will rent by the day and not make you rent for an entire week. Costs vary a lot depending on location and size. My place had a very modern bath, a security desk and large rooms with a kitchen. It wasn't the fanciest of furnishings but was very clean and safe and near the Gloucester Road Tube stop which was very handy. For that you can Google One Harrington Gardens and a website appears. This year, my daughter-in-law (a travel agency owner) stayed with friends at one of the Citadines properties. They have several around London and are usually fairly nice. Good luck!

RE: RE: Renting Apartments?

by Roadquill

I rented flats the last two times I was in London through londonguestsuites.com. I used them because they had an office here in LA. The 2 bedroom in Earl's Court worked out great, and I thought was very good. We rented a 1 bedroom close to the theatre district and the furniture needed work, not the best amenities. I would use them again. Don't be afraid to contact the company and ask lots of questions. Usually they are very good about getting what you need.

by rubbersoul75

also check out vrbo.com
(vacation rental by owner)
lots of places, including london, at reasonable cost, and you can make the arangements through the web site.
good luck

by Senoritasmile

There are plenty of flats available for short term lets in London. Try www.accommodationlondon.net for cheaper options or www.londonchoice.com if you've got more budget to spend. Have fun!

Weekly apartments?

by dmonahan

My wife and I will be in London from 28 Sep - 8 Oct. We would like to stay in something bigger than a hotel room. Our only requirement is that it be close enough to a tube line that we can get home after the theater or football game.

Any suggestions? Any particular trustworthy web sites?

by jennwerner

Not sure if they do weekly rentals but when I stayed in london for a month is 2003 and for a month in 2004 the McGlashans Agency provided my flat rental. And they are on the West End close to tube within walking distance of everything. They were really great people to rent from. The flats were amazing too..... You should give them a call or an email or something. Here is their website http://www.mcglashans.co.uk/lettings/subpage.cfm?pageName=services

Hope this helps...

Jenn

by sirgaw

We used http://www.only-apartments.com/en-london-apartments for Barcelona and Rome (can't comment on London). Found the company OK, but the Barcelona place was a shocker. Rome was excellent.

I would stay in an apartemnt again as there is so much more room than a hotel and usually much cheaper, so long as it isnt the Barcelona place we got - we called it Casa del Cockaroacher. At least with a hotel you can demand a room change etc, but with apartment rental you've already paid a hefty deposit and its very hard to change.

Pros and cons for both - good luck

by Bursland

Try rural retreats http://www.ruralretreats.co.uk/
they have an apartment in South Kensington and it is very near Gloucester Road
tube.I have rented cottages from them a couple of times and they have been very well maintained and the sevice has been faultless.

by nancynb

Surprised that noone has mentioned www.vrbo.com We have had good luck with this site in many different countries. You correspond directly with the owner. Of course, as previous poster suggests, there is always that outside chance......
Good luck.

by Brimful

Thankyou all you good people .. i have almost visited all the links which u all have recommended and they seem to have great potential. Coming 2 London (hopefully) in October and am all for takin up an appartment for a week, better then a dry hotel room anyday! Thanks once again.

by Brimful

Pardon my ignorance! But whats OP dmonahan?

by dmonahan

I got busy and neglected to respond. I do want to thank everyone for the responses but, as it turns out, our plans changed. We will only be in London for a weekend, so we just booked a hotel room. We are spending most of the trip in Cornwall, where we booked a cottage recommended on the Cornwall forum. We will certainly be back in London sometime in the next few months, so we will use these recommendations then.

Comments