North Terminal, Crawley, West Sussex, RH6 0PH, United Kingdom

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

• Sound of silence

Stayed at the Gatwick Sofitel with my wife before flying to Crete. Found the hotel to be clean, modern and well positioned. Can't recommend this hotel as when driving home found our CDs missing, except the one in the player.
    Can't trust the staff so will never go back.

Unique Quality: Excellent location.

Directions: N/A

• giampiero6's Profile Photo

Very Convenient and Quite Nice

I stayed at his hotel on the way to and on the way back from Tirana and Ohrid, Macedonia. On both occasion the hotel was perfect for ease and no hassles straight forward comfort. This rooms are snug, but adequate with a perfectly nice bathroom, good water pressure and a quiet comfortable bed. Cable TV is reliable and nice when you feel like vegging out. There's a convenient cafe and restaurant though we didn't eat in either one. I will definitely try to route any future difficult connections through Gatwick so that I can overnight here. We were able to get into London for a few hours on each night by Easybus, though the way back was a mess and we ended up taking a 70 pound cab back.

Unique Quality: This is hotel is literally at the bottom of the escalator that takes you to the departures area at Gatwick. It could not have been easier to get to and from the airport. Really something you can't appreciate enough when you're on long flights with very little time between planes.

More about Sofitel London Gatwick

Fantastic hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member sythe20

The moment we pulled up in the car a staff member opened the doors for us and offered to take the luggage for us! We stayed around christmas time and the hotel lobby was decorated beautifully - quite stunning in fact. Our room was immaculate and had everything we needed. The staff were extremely polite and friendly, and the hotel marked the start of a perfect christmas holiday!

If it wasnt right next to the hotel, I wouldnt stay there for the price.

by TripAdvisor Member Jessica

We stayed at this hotel around Xmas on our way to Florida. We were two families (four in each family) We ordered room and parking. When we checked in they gave us rooms on different floors, when it was supposed to be next to each other. My husband hit the roof, as we had booked and paid 6 months in advance. We even phoned them a week before to re-confirm. We were therefore upgraded to a corner suite. However the second room was not upgraded. The suite was fantastic with double aspect views and with separate king size bedroom with ensuite bathroom and another room for the kids. We paid £250 for one night plus 14 days parking. If it was the suite we were paying for, I would say it was worth it. However when I saw the room they had given to our friends, it is not worth paying that amount of money. The hallway was too narrow with cheap doors and cheap door handles, giving it a cheap look. The walls were so thin you could hear virtually everything in the corridor. The restaurants in the hotel were fantastic, the food were amazing. The gym and sauna were closed, apparently they close during the holidays (disappointing). However all in all, it was a good hotel, my children loved it, but too expensive. We met other guest there who paid less than half of what we paid via priceline. The parking was disappointing. Bear in mind that PARKING IS NOT IN THE HOTEL, but about 5 minutes drive away. I assumed parking will be in the hotel, and they didn't tell me when I booked. When we came back from our trip, we had to wait for about 20 minutes for their shuttle to take us to the parking site from the airport. We eventually took a taxi, as the kids were shivering in the cold. What you really pay for is the location, the best feeling is when we walked into the airport, this took under one minute. Fantastic. I will stay there again, but will try through Priceline.

Overpriced , Average Hotel.....

Stayed in Le Meridien on the 17th Feb 2005.....and as a travel agent for Ebookers in the UK I expect good value for money....with polite staff....

I got good value for money but the staff were really very rude...or either very ignorant. The food in the restaurant is very overpriced for what you get, but for convenience to the North Terminal it cannot be beaten.

I would stay again but I would not eat in the hotel.

Good location - rest is average

by TripAdvisor Member Loll

Convenient for airport, food is expensive.

If you want a hotel on this airport with reasonable quality rooms then this place is fine. However, eating at the hotel is not cheap and certainly the carvery dinner was extremely average.

If you book ahead you can get a reasonable rate (we used BA). Parking is offsite - we prefer to book the parking separately and use valet parking - much easier when you get off a long flight.

Great place to stay if using T2 Gatwick

by TripAdvisor Member alliebdive

We stayed here in June when travelling from Gatwick to the Red Sea. We had a package rate that included 8 days parking and a family suite - £149, with the accommodation coming on the night we arrived home.
I can only thoroughly recommend the hotel and the staff and say that we would now not consider staying anywhere else at Gatwick. The hotel connects by covered walkway directly into Terminal 2. You park your car at the hotel and walk in to the airport. When we returned at 2 am we just walked through the Arrivals lounge and took an elevator and a short walk into the lobby of the hotel. The receptionist couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful even at the unearthly hour. Our suite was on a corner. There were two very large bedrooms, one with sitting area and a bathroom. In the morning we pulled back all the curtains (floor to ceilling on 3 sides ) and enjoyed the wonderful panoramic view - one way to the airport and all the planes, another to the countryside.
The soundproofing was excellent - no noise at all.
Checkout was at 12 but I asked for a later one and it was absolutely no problem.
The beds were very comfortable and with lovely linens.
We didn't have breakfast so I cannot comment on that.

Highly recommended.

Great Stopover Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member emmabil

We stayed here in December 2004 the night before we flew out on an early morning flight.

Had a great experience we booked a suite which was spacious and comfortable.

We ate in the Chinese Restaurant which we throughly enjoyed and thought it was great value for money.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Would definatley stay here again if we were flying out of Gatwick

Close to airport, decent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member kellbert

I stayed for one night and found the high point to be the closeness to the terminal. You can move your bags from baggage claim with a cart, right to your room. The next morning I used the cart to go back to the airport through the covered walkway. No stress here.

The single room I had was small, but adequate. Everything worked fine and the bed was comfortable. I heard no airplane noise at all.

The pool is great and the dry and wet saunas were clean and functional. I did not use the gym but it appeared to be well arranged.

I really found the Oreintal restaurant to be a good value. Service was prompt and the food was very good. I tried one of the other restaurans but the steak is to be avoided. The room service prices are stupidly excessive.

This hotel is attractive and well located but there does not appear to be much else around (except the airport). I suspect this is a place to use if you have to overnight prior to flying.

Great for connecting flights

by TripAdvisor Member emeraldeyes

My hubby and i stayed here as we had to get a flight to Orlando the next moring.

Our package was 1 night double room, room only for £89.

Fabulous hotel inside, and large comfortable rooms. Room service and minibar looked expensive, although i didnt get ant. Staff very polite and efficent, a great place to stay if you are going from Terminal 2, its only a 2minute walk from the hotel to check in via a covered walk way.

Fabulous

Booked a night here before we flew to Greece to start our honeymoonon arrival we got an upgrade to one of the best rooms (including a free mini bar) and entrance to the luxury lounge at the top of the hotel - which meant we got complimentary drinks and nibbles all evening.

A wonderful one night stay with the bonus of very polite staff.

Excellent airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sass26

We stayed here for a night before flying to Orlando. We stayed in a room on the club floor which included a free mini bar and entry to the lounge with free drinks, nibbles and breakfast (continental)

The hotel was fantastic, i loved the atrium design and the restaurants looked good (although we ate in the airport). The rooms were large, clean and very well sound proofed.

The best thing about this hotel is its location it is a 2 min walk to the north terminal via a walkway, we flew from the south terminal, which was then 3 mins away on the monorail.

Comments