St Christopher's Orient Espresso Hostel London

Agoda.com HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Laurel914's Profile Photo

Problems with reservation

Well, I didn't actually stay in this hostel. I made the reservation on 24 February for travel dates of 25 to 28 May. However, the reservation had gotten changed somewhere in the booking process on hostelworld.com. (I still really like this site for finding good, cheap places to stay.) The reservation had been made for 25 to 28 February. I noticed a charge on my credit card in London and called to investigate. St. Christopher's Orient Espresso had received my reservation for the wrong dates and charged me the price of the first night's stay as a no-show fee. I spoke with the reservation manager and he was unwilling to reverse the charge even though it was midweek in February and they had plenty of space left. I was planning on re-booking the reservation for my actual dates of travel in May and would have been happy to have the amount applied to my actual dates of travel, but the management was unwilling to work with me to resolve a problem that resulted. Since the hostel was given the dates of my stay as the very next day after the reservation, I had no time to change the reservation to the correct dates of travel. On the positive side, now I'll be staying in the same hostel (Astor Victoria) on both ends of my trip. I guess there's a positive to every thing.

• originalribenababy's Profile Photo

Top Notch Hostel

My view of hostels until staying here was that they were just a bit cheap and nasty, but needs must when you are a bit skint...

This one was excellent, lots of freebes included (breakfast, drinks discounts, etc.) as well as great facilities (a hot tub on the roof of the village!) and I only had to share a room with one other person, on a female only floor that had been decorated in a funky style, and all for a really good price.

I am definitley going back and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in London :)

The reception for all 3 St Christopher youth hostels in this area of London, can be found at St Christopher’s Village, 161-165 Borough High Street, further down the road from the Orient.

Unique Quality: Great character, Great location, Cheap and they have a hot tub on the roof of the village apparentley (unfortunatly I was too busy to check this out when I was there)

Directions: Get off the underground at London Bridge, turn left and walk down the road a bit and its on your left (you will just see the coffee shop, hostel entrace is around the corner)

• thelovelymissjane's Profile Photo

St.Christophers hostel

This is rated one of the top 10 hostels in the world.

It was really clean, and the staff was nice.

The location on borough high street is very near to ministry of sound.

Unique Quality: rooftop jacuzzi.

bar/restaurant.

Directions: elephant and castle

More about St Christopher's Orient Espresso Hostel London

No longer there.

by planxty about Orient Espresso, Borough High Street

Whilst grouping and researching restaurant tips, I discovered that the Orient Espresso coffeeshop which was formerly @ 59 Borough High Street Southwark London SE1 and part of the St. Christophers Hostel there, is now closed down. I submit this tip to prevent anyone having a wasted journey.

My favourite cafe in London

by barryg23 about Orient Espresso

Almost every coffee shop in London nowadays seems to be one of a chain - Starbucks, Caffe Nero, Coffee republic, etc. It's getting more and more difficult to find a good, independent cafe in London, which is one of the reasons why I love Orient Espresso. It's only a small place, but it's great value, serves good coffee and has very friendly staff. Best of all is their selection of Lonely Planet/Rough guide books covering destinations all over the world. The cafe is part of a hostel of the same name, hence it's always full of young travellers from all over. Hot chocolate with marshmallows!

Orient EspressoOrient Espresso