St. Ermin's Hotel

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 53% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• windoweb's Profile Photo

Superb hotel - August 2013

This was a pleasant place to stay. I would highly recommend staying here.

Unique Quality: If you have the opportunity to attend high tea here - you should enjoy tea time at St Ermin's.

• Nice but expensive Hotel

The Hotel is central, nearby many attractions, tube (subway) is just next corner. Staff are very helpful. I arrived after a night's flight arriving at the hotel at 8 am; they agreed to let me in my room. They offered me first twin bedroom on the fifth floor instead of double bedroom. The room looked better and larger than the standard room. I was amazed. But immediately I started to sense horrible noise coming from nearby Lift's room which you feel its engine every time the lift was used. They agreed to give another room after 12 and they moved my luggage while I was outside. The other room (standard) was smaller but at least quiet. The floor sqweeks on movement. There was no ventilation in comfort room! The aircondition was not working (with a temperature of 4C outside. The Technician could not repair, he gave extra electric heater; that was OK.

Unique Quality: Perfect location. Helpful staff. Full English breakfast (if breakfast is not included; you pay 18 pounds in cash, or get a 12 pounds voucher from reception, or get breakfast somewhere else)
    Reception, lobby and breakfast area brings you back to aristrocratic historic life.

Directions: Very near from Victoria, Westminster, London Bridge, Buckingham Palace, London Eye. St Jamses Park is very near (you will spend a nice relaxing time here)

• texaslloyd's Profile Photo

Location and service is top knotch

The staff was great. The service was outstanding!!! The location made it. In Westminster, a few steps away from the tube station, a few blocks away from Westminster Abby, and next to St. James park. Lots of restaurants and shops near by.

• geeyook's Profile Photo

Centrally Located St. Ermins Hotel in London

Formerly the Stakis St. Ermins and Hilton St. Ermins this hotel is located across the street from famed Scotland Yard, this Edwardian style hotel is steps away from the St. James Tube Station. Within walking distance (2.4 km) to Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliament, St. James Park, Westminster Abbey. Other attractions are only a short tube ride away. The room was clean, comfortable, reasonably priced and included breakfast. There is a restaurant on site.

Unique Quality: Great Location

More about St. Ermin's Hotel

London Splendor

by roamer61 about Stakis St Ermins Hotel

Now called the Jolly Hotel St Ermins Hotel, this is one of Londons finest 4 Star hotels. Owned by the Italian Jolly Hotel Groups, it is centrally locacted and has lovely rooms. There is a fine restaurant on the premises and the service is as one would expect from a hotel of this class. The rates are alot more now then when I was there, so check. Beautifully situated 4 star hotel. It has a alot of charm. Wonderful ambiance.

The Stakis St. Ermins Hotel.

by roamer61 about The Stakis St. Ermins Hotel.

Prices vary. Check with agents or literature. Polite staff, comfortable rooms and a restaurant that serves world class cuisine.

Overall okay, but time to update

Just stayed at the Jolly St Ermins in London, and since I used tripadvisor to plan my trip, thought I would leave a review. Overall the hotel is just okay. They have a very nice lobby. It is a nice area, feels safe, especially since it is right next to New Scotland Yard, but it gets pretty quiet at night. There are a few pubs nearby and the St James Park tube station it right next door. You can walk to Westminster Abbey in about 5 mins. Two things go against the St Ermins hotel for me. One, like I said before, it gets pretty quiet at night so you have to cab or tube it to a more happening area or to get dinner (try the Picadilly area if you like nightlife). If you are looking for a hotel in a quiet area, this may be okay for you. The biggest mark against the hotel is the room itself. My room was okay in size, but needed to be updated. The bathroom door was coming off the hinge, the bathroom itself was so tiny, 2 people couldnt fit in there at once. You had to almost step into the tub to close the door to access the toilet. The bed was large, but the matress was completely broken down and in need of replacement. It did however have great pillows and comforter. The wall paper was marred here and there, and the furniture looked very weathered. No views or anything. Like I said, overall just okay, but I think this hotel needs serious updating. Hope this helps.

Great Hotel!

The Jolly served my wife and me well while on a short three day trip to London in May 2004. Our room was clean and charming and the staff was very helpful in the dining room and with arranging a tour. The business climate was refreshing from the touristy hotels. We walked a block and saw a lot of sights from here, as well as catching the Tube. We would stay here again.
- Eric, San Diego CA

Great hotel with history and modern touches

by TripAdvisor Member docinabox

My wife and I stayed at the Jolly from June 17-20 and were very pleased with the service and quality of our room. We were given a deluxe room facing away from the street that was very modern and quiet. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was perfectly suitable. The lobby of the hotel is ornate and quite nice and there are two porticos on the ground and first floors of the lobby that make for enjoyable lounging. We arrived early (10am) and couldn't check in until 1pm, but that gave us time to stretch our legs after a long flight. The concierge was very helpful. To top off our great stay, my wife forgot a pair of shoes at the hotel and when we returned a week later after traveling in Spain, they returned her shoes to her promptly. So, thumbs up for the Jolly and we'll stay there again. It's location is very quiet (if you stay in a room on the back side of the hotel) and very near a Tube stop and Buckingham Palace. Very nice indeed.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member jande

My husband and I just returned from London and stayed at the Jolly Hotel for a few nights. We found it to be a wonderful hotel. We had a deluxe queen room and the room size was okay. It's not as big as you would have in America but it was all we needed. The bathroom was wonderful also. The staff was very helpful. We were able to check in at 9 a.m. the morning we arrived and they held our luggage well after checkout time on the day we left.

We were pleased.

We stayed here on our last night through London. Wish we had booked this hotel on our first 2 nights through London; as we were very pleased!

The room was a good size, clean and modern. We really liked this hotel.

As far as location, we thought it was good; but I guess it depends on what you want to be close to.

We really liked this hotel, as well as the staff & decor. If we were to go to London again, we would certainly stay here again. In fact, when we plan our trip to Italy (someday...), I will be sure to check out the Jolly chain.

Comments