St Peters Hotel

407 - 411 Goldhawk Road, London, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Poor

More about London

The hangman's nooseThe hangman's noose

Tropical PlantsTropical Plants

Britannia2, AnnemarieC, Roam & meBritannia2, AnnemarieC, Roam & me

British MuseumBritish Museum

Place to eat in Earls Court

by gealsie

I'll be staying in Earls Court for a couple of nights. What's the best restaurant? I like all sorts of food, looking for value for money and a good atmosphere. If service and food are good am prepared to pay a little more. Thanks for any suggestions!

Re: Place to eat in Earls Court

by toonsarah

Although Earl's Court isn't far from where I live I haven't eaten out there much. However I can recommend the better than average pub food at the King's Head in Hogarth Place (just off the main road almost opposite the tube station). I've only been at lunch time but I've always found the atmosphere there veyr congenial too.

Travel Tips for London

Walk a lot !
Walking trips in...

by pinkpuffclou

Walk a lot !
Walking trips in London are great. In every corner you will discover a surprising thing . it's incredible and you know that if you get tired you can look for the nearest tube station ! .
It's easy to find interesting attractions that do not appear in guide books , walking is a must if you're tired of huge museums and boring palacaes and monuments ! Don't forget to take a map with you may never know when you'll need it . London is a metropolitan and it's easy to get lost and wander off ! The tube and english breakfasts.
First is the tube , my friend and I amuse ourselves sometimes by imitating the messages on the tube when it reaches a station . Something like 'This is Piccadilly circus - change here for the Victoria line'...
Next is the english breakfasts , the first morning we spent in London we were shocked, instead of the usual 'inter-continental' breakfast with orange juice and some bun we got fried eggs, sausages and beans. my friend and I love food but it's really hard to start the day with beans and sausages...

The Globe Theatre

by basbed23

This is the Globe Theatre. Actually, its a recreation of the original, but it sits right on the edge of the Thames and you can catch a play by Shakespeare here. Unfortuanately, when I was in London in February, there were no shows playing. Shows start in May. In the off season, you stil have the opportunity to take a tour, although, its a little pricey (£6).

Wellington Arch

by BluBluBlu

Set in the heart of Royal London at Hyde Park Corner, Wellington Arch is a landmark for Londoners and visitors alike. George IV originally commissioned this massive monument as a grand outer entrance to Buckingham Palace. It was completed in 1830 by architect Decimus Burton, and moved to its present site in 1882.

Where people are real...

by Chicago_Dave

I enjoy cities as much as the next guy.. That being said one must go to the country to gather the true flavor of a people.. The brits are a great bunch in the Americans book.. When pub crawling I met such great folks. I was invitied to a memorial crickett game to benifit a gents family. It seems this guy was a figure about town. Played alot of crickett, and made the local cider "Crippled Dick" Hillarious. Anyway... After a day of it we retired back to the pub. The folks gave me there last bottle of crippled dick to take home and drink with my dad. I just mensioned that he would love it and viola, they handed it over.. That a buch of posted beer coasters, t-shirts and damn near everything else they could send me on my way with..

So... That all being said, get amoungst people. Express intestest in their interests and the world will open her arms.. A little crippled dick doesnt hurt either !

Rant off.

It could rain a lot!

by mirchica

I know that everybody has heard that in London is raining a lot and this is so true. You could be lucky and have only sunny weather but be prepared for the rain too. So don't forget your umbrella or raincoat and will be good if you have gumboots.

Comments