Stylotel

160-162 Sussex Gardens, (formerly Ruddimans Hotel), London, W2 1UD, United Kingdom

Booking.com Priceline.com

• Elainehead's Profile Photo

Basic clean 3-star hotel near Paddington Station

Less than 2 blocks from Paddington station, this 3-star hotel is located in a calm area. I booked through booking.com and after chatting with the receptionist, I was upgraded (no extra charge, otherwise it would have been 10£ added to the room price) for a bigger room on the top floor. It was a little tricky though getting there, because the lift just go to the 4th floor and then take a flight of stairs. The stairs and lift are narrow, so it's not really a place for big suitcases... The photos on the website seem better than they actually look for real. It does look new but the rooms are already in need of a new coat of paint or something. The bed linen has seen better days (clean but there were holes). The bathroom was tiny, so taking a shower was an adventure. As being on the top floor, the shower water pressure was almost non-existent. I'm glad I didn't have to wash my hair. Some guests in another room were watching TV untill late hours, so it was a little bit hard to fall asleep. I would recommend bringing ear-plugs. In the morning I was awakened by the smell of fried food but I had no idea of where it was coming from. The breakfast was complimentary and it's served in the basement. I had to ask where it was as I couldn't find it right away. It was a small room with a small buffet with a couple of hot dishes (fried egg, greasy sausage and beans) and industrial croissant. I don't recall very well, but I believe there was some cereal and milk, among industrial juice, coffee and hot water for tea. As I I stayed for only one night and it suited me for that matter. Just too bad, the wi-fi access wasn't free.

Unique Quality: Near Paddington station and a 10-15 minute walk from Oxford Street.

• EXCELLENT SERVICE - GREAT FOR THE PRICE

Stylotel is a great little hotel. Our room was spotlessly clean and it had wood floors which is a refreshing change from the usual carpet you get in London hotels. Double room was more than adequate for our stay, nice large LCD TV in the room with many chanels, hairdryer for the wife, telephone. They have tea anc coffee free in the lobby all the time and breakfast is good, there is a big enough selection and nice cooked breakfast. The chairs are a bit odd in the dining room but i guess they keep people moving!

The location is perfect, the hotel is only 1-2 mins from Paddington station and 4-5 mins to hyde park. Reception staff are very helpful and gave us maps and directions. They also arranged a taxi to the airport for us at a cheap fixed price for our departure.

I would recommend Stylotel to everyone who wants a decent clean room but not too pricey and not too big! It is well known that hotels in London can be dirty and expensive, I think stylotel is somewhere in the middle and offers acceptable value for money.

I would stay there again and recommend it to others.

Unique Quality: Very unique style, Very Clean, Very friendly and helpful reception and manager.

Directions: PADDINGTON STATION

• Sandracula's Profile Photo

Stylotel London

I spent 2 nights in this small but good hotel.
    The bathrooms only have a sink, toilet and shower but are very clean.
    No carpet in the room, which I like.
    The interior is quite trendy and that's ok, except for the breakfast room : some nasty chairs there ;-)

Unique Quality: Very, very clean rooms.
    Friendly and helpful staff (except for the breakfast lady, just ignore her and ask as much toast as you'd like, even if only to bother her ! ;-) )
    Not in the very centre of London, but near Paddington Station which gives access to most of the underground lines and buses.
    Quite cheap, compared to other hotels in London that can compete with this one. (£52/night/person, breakfast included)
    Talking lift, lol !
    Very nice and cheap restaurants nearby (tip : ASK).

Directions: near Paddington (underground + bus)

More about Stylotel

by cinziav

Does anyone know this hotel? It's very near Paddington station and the Heathrow Express so is convenient for my very brief London stay and the price is right. ...But, is it pleasant, safe?

RE: Stylotel

by robine

I'm afraid that I don't know the hotel, but check out www.tripadvisor.com. Paddington is a convenient and safe location.

RE: Stylotel

by handfordr

I know this hotel. In my opinion it is a good choice for Paddington.
Used to be known as the Ruddimans Hotel until a couple of years ago until it was refurbished as the Stylotel.

Its about 200m from the front of Paddington Station and is in a long line of hotels on Sussex Gardens. A wide pleasant avenue.
You get a good buffet breakfast.
You should be getting a double for about 70 GBP