The Bentley Hotel London (The Waldorf Astoria Collection)

27-33 Harrington Gardens, London, SW7 4JX, United Kingdom

The Bentley London
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Hilton.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• cjg1's Profile Photo

The Royal Suite

My wife had always wanted to stay at this hotel. She had only been here for drinks years ago before it became a Hilton. So when the chance came to spend a night in London on my way home from the Seychelles we chose this hotel. Being that we were only going to be there for one night I decided to pay for the junior suite instead of just the regular room. I often do this when I don’t want to worry about an upgrade.

When we arrived I was a bit blown away. The hotel is your standard classic city hotel. It takes most/all the block. We were welcomed by the two men working the desk. While checking in we were told we had been upgraded to one of the Royal Suites. Of course I said thank you. I had no idea then what that entailed, but was very grateful. We also had asked for a 1pm check out and were easily granted that.

We were shown up to the room by the other man at the desk. Just up on the 2nd floor via the small elevator we were shown down the hall to our room.

Upon entering the room it opens to the right down a small hall way. There is a half bath on the right and the living room at the end of the hall. The bedroom spreads out to the left. Off of the bedroom is another hall that takes you to the master bathroom on the right and a walk in wardrobe on the left. This place was amazing. It was large. It was more hotel room than I’ve ever experienced.

The living room was large. On the right is a couch with an armchair while a small table is in front of it. On this table was a wonderful slice of birthday cake and other chocolates. As this was a few days after my actual birthday I was truly surprised by this gesture. It did however please very much, thank you. The room also features a large working desk opposite the 42 or so inch TV. I did have a little work to check on while here so this is where I did that while checking in on the cricket world cup.

The main feature of the bedroom was of course the large king bed. There was also a TV in here about the same size. I found the bed to be extremely comfortable although my wife thought it was too hard. The covers were heavy and warm and really ensured I was able to get an excellent night’s sleep.

In the master bathroom you will find your vanity and sink on the left white a full marble tub on the right. As you go further into the bathroom the shower is on the right with a toilet on the left.

Check out the next morning was just as easy. We left the hotel just after 12 and were wished a great flight home. This was such an amazing stay I would now say, within reason, I will always stay at this hotel when in town.

Comments