26-33 Queens Gardens, Hyde Park, Bayswater, London, W2 3BD, United Kingdom

Travelocity Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• draguza's Profile Photo

Modern 4 star hotel

Unique Quality: A four-star boutique hotel located in the centre of London, just a few minutes away from Hyde Park and accessible on foot from the Notting Hill shopping areas.

The Caesar is one of the best lodging options in London. Located in a typical and recently remodelled Victorian building, its peaceful setting in a residential area and proximity to Paddington station and Hyde Park make it the perfect hotel for both leisure and business

Directions: Bayswater/Queensway area

• CarlinLondon's Profile Photo

Good value and great location

Never stayed because I live here but friends from germany like this hotel because its smart, well run and close to Paddington station, Hyde Park and the central Line tube line. By London standards the hotel is not too expensive for the standard of accommodation although like many London hotels rooms and especially bathrooms can be small.

Unique Quality: Convenient central location but quiet, near Hyde Park

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo

No Discount Rates for Disabled Customers

I had made a reservation for this hotel but cancelled it, after finding out that they are charging single disabled travellers requesting a single adapted room GBP 120/night whereas able-bodied single travellers get single rooms for as low as GBP 69.

Unique Quality: I have read other complaints of people who thought that the rooms were exceptionally small. Maybe the prices are calculated on the basis of square centimeters...

Directions: Between Hyde Park and Paddington Station

• asvetlana's Profile Photo

No suprise - the best surprise

I booked this hotel on hotelclub.com for GBP 75 per night, breakfast and taxes included. Well, for a 3.5 star hotel at Lancaster Gate this is a very good price. And, it's worth it.
    On the web you will see some pictures - surprise! you can believe them!
    The hotel looks brand new, it's clean, it's modern, and it has everything that you need.
    Plus an unobtrusive friendly service.
    Well, the rooms are claustrophobically tiny, but who wants to spend time in the hotel rooms - this is London!

Unique Quality: Breakfast restaurant - the best service I've seen so far at this category of hotels (and even some higher). Plus variety of food.

Directions: North of Kensington Gardens, just 5 min.walk from the famous Italian Fountains.

• radzio's Profile Photo

Julius Caesar Hotel: Located...

Julius Caesar Hotel: Located near Hyde Park, close to Quennsway tube station. Clean and comfortable but not very expensive.
    About £ 30 person/night.

Directions: Quenns Gardens, London W2.
    Underground: Quennsway

More about The Caesar

Very nice indeed

I organised a business trip here for 10 persons and was worried sick when I read the reviews. I need not have worried. The staff were friendly, the hotel was clean and the bedrooms were a good size and superbly furnished. This place is in a great location near to Paddington station. My business trip ran smoothly and everyone complimented me on the choice of hotel. Breakfast was also very good!

Well Done to the Caesar hotel and it's staff!!!

What an improvement!

The Ceasar looks beautiful now, stay the a couple of times when we were in London, it was rundown and shabby but now it beautiful. My family always complained when we go for breakfast, its like a refuge camp. I hope its better now. Whatever it is, London is still a beautiful and wonderful place to visit.

Fawlty Towers

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. The web site totally misrepresents this place. My reservation for a queen bed, sitting area, daily fruit basket, meant nothing to the staff - lucky I was alone. On arrival I was checked into a tiny room with two single beds pushed together and nowher to put may suitcase. When I returned to the front desk to complain that my room did not match the agreed descripition, i got a simple shrug of the shoulders and another room was offerd. This time at the front of building - if you are at the back you would be better off in the local youth hostel - still no sign of the queen size bed, sitting area and fruit. Never again will I stay in a room without airconditioning. Even with the less than mild weather of london a shoe box heats up very quickly. Oh and did I mention the one lift, which has a maximum capacity of three people. Sometimes you could be waiting for up to ten minutes. Everyone that I got intimate with in the lift and pased in the hotel corridors was moning about the place. I don't know how couples were fitting in to the rooms!!

Absolutely Fine

by TripAdvisor Member ReviewerCambs

We stayed at the Caesar for one night whilst going to a concert in Hyde Park and it was perfect. The location was great, just a short walk across bayswater road into the park. We paid £79 for a double room for the night. Although the room was small it was very clean and fine for what we needed. The rate card on the reception desk said double rooms were £170. I wouldn't have been happy with the room if I had paid that amount although all the advertising pictures showed much larger rooms which I presume is what you got if you paid more. Overall the hotel is perfect for a couple of nights in London.

Perfect for a short break in London

I'm quite amazed by the poor reviews of the Casear as I was more than happy with my stay. Yes, the rooms are small, but then most hotels in London are. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable, and although the bathroom was very small, it was modern and very useable! Breakfast was perfect in my opinion - no complaints! And the dining area was really modern and clean - a welcome change to the usual twee London hotels. Generally, a great stay - convenient for all central London locations - despite the small rooms!

Comments