The Chelsea Harbour Hotel

Chelsea Harbour, (Formerly Wyndham Grand London Chelsea Harbour), London, SW10 0XG, United Kingdom

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• travelgeezer's Profile Photo

Chelsea Football Clubs Hotel!

Very pleasurable, I was booked in for a few days training in nearby Fulham Broadway.

On arrival checking in was easy and I asked some detailed questions on travel around the area as I had to pop around and do some social as well as work things. The information I got was accurate as well as some other places to check out. This information was bought up to my room as it wasn't to hand.

The views are very nice - I recommend getting a higher floor room as the views of the harbour are exceptionally nice and you can dine [when the weather's good] alfresco away from passing traffic. This for me made a great working environment as well as a more chilled stay!

Unique Quality: London's only 5-star luxury all-suite hotel and has won some awards for best breakfast! Which i would say it is... great veggie selection as well!

Closest 5 star hotel to Heathrow airport, so if your company is splashing out.. remember this one!

Directions: Fulham Broadway. Come out of the station and follow signs to Kings Road come out of the station cross over the road and walk down Harwood Road. At King's Road, walk left. Pass the Lounge & garden pub turn right at Lons Road and keep walking.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Luxury at its best

This is an excellent hotel with wonderful views of the Thames. It's spacious suites come equipped with all the amenities you will need.

The hotel isn't centrally located and only that would prevent me from staying again. I spent a bomb on taxis during my two night stay here, so plan accordingly.

If you're rich or don't care about throwing money on transportation away, you may just love this hotel.

Unique Quality: London's only 5 star all suite hotel, the Conrod was a wonderful suprise, with its king size bed, large living area and two bathrooms, what more can a gal ask for?

Directions: Chelsea Harbour

More about Wyndham London Chelsea Harbour

Grubby room, poor service, 3* food, why bother?

by TripAdvisor Member Joe2316

Before I begin, we have stayed at several 5 star luxury hotels, including the Conrad hotels in Cairo, Istanbul & Brussels. We also are Silver Hhonors cardholders. So we are seasoned luxury hotel travellers.

This was by far the worst 5 star we have stayed in.

When we rolled up with our luggage, we struggled through the doors while the doorman ignored/didn't even notice us - what was he there for? The concierge didn't even tell us the local bus number from the hotel (it's the C3). What was he there for?

The hotel directions were incorrect ("...take a right down Wadon Road...", no such road exists in Chelsea!) so we got a little lost getting to the hotel. When we advised check-in of their error, the guy got confused as he spoke poor English. When he realised the problem, he shrugged his shoulders. Great attitude.

We reserved a Marina View suite 7 days in advance, but when we arrived reception said they were "all taken" - so we got a standard suite, overlooking some small mall & a bit of waste-ground.

Our door lock was faulty, working about 1 time in 5. Although the room was a good size (for London) & well insulated from the frequent aircraft noise above, the room was quite grubby, with "greasy" looking marks over many of the wood finishes. The standard of decor & fitting were really below what one would expect, with mastic peeled off, mismatching wood & pictures askew. Generally felt like a 3-star level.

Housekeeping was well below standard - they didn't even clean up the table or replace used glasses with new ones. This "luxury" all- suite hotel had 2 cheapsville 20inch(?) Akai TV's and some channels had really poor reception. Staff hadn't even set the bedside alarm clock to Summer Time (that was the last week in March guys - it's nearly June!) so it was 1 hour out. Am I being picky? No, it's the attention to detail that we pay for in a 5 star place, overall this was lacking.

The bathroom was a shocker - how badly done can a 5 star place be? This bad! I took a couple of pictures so you can see how filthy fittings are left for us to enjoy - typical of the environment. Mouldy in some areas too! The mastic was peeling off in the toilet - not attended to either. The bathroom layout was badly designed, and small.

Next morning, Breakfast! Hmmm, hungry after a hard night out? We were! We were expecting the usual excellent spread, only to be told at the table that we were entitled to a cold continental breakfast only & hot food would be extra! You have got to be kidding! This was unbeleivable. This hotel is over GBP170 (USD300) a night! Breakfast choices were really poor for a top hotel. One cheese choice? Two cold meats? Coffee was tasteless too. The Sofitel London shows this place how breakfast should be done - perhaps Conrad management should pay a visit to learn something.
Also, the breakfast areas have inadequate ventilation, so even though we were in the non-smoking area, smoke from the smoking tables came through strongly. I mentioned this to a member of staff, who agreed this was not good and that she had to put up with it everyday.

Coupled with the location (about 15 minutes drive from the city), this hotel has very little to offer the discerning traveller. It's far, far below the standard for anyone who has 5 star pockets & expectations. Do yourself a big favour, choose the Sofitel London instead as we have done - it's a much cleaner, friendlier, classier place and it's 2 minutes from Trafalgar Square too. The Conrad London is in our opinion, bad news.

Fantastic Hotel - typical of Conrad

by TripAdvisor Member Pennoir

Stayed at the Conrad for my birthday weekend and can quite honestly say that for the price it is hard to beat in London, ok its a bit out of the centre but for what you get in terms of facilities it more than makes up for its location (10-15 pounds taxi to west end). Fantastic Service, good food, lovely large suites, and possibly the most comfortable bed i have ever slept in. Highly recommended.

Very nice!

by TripAdvisor Member Dimitry

My wife and I stayed in Conrad a week in December. Front desk staff was very helpful; went an extra mile to get me a room I preferred, and to make me feel special. I thought concierge was helpful as well. They checked train schedule for me (as they should); helped with buses, etc. I never had to wait for a cab either. Hotel is a few blocks away from King's' Road, with its upscale shopping and nice restaurants and pubs. One can take a bus or a tube to Westminster area, tube (Forham Broadway station) is faster and takes about 10-30 min. Staying in Chelsea gave as opportunity to see Londoners, and to see residential part of London.

Rooms look fresh; with one full and one half bath. There is a separate shower stall. Shower is fantastic! Room are not huge, with regular two-room suite being the size of some good hotel room in US hotels (I remember my executive rooms in the Marriot). Two TVs which are older and small, and there are no Movies on Demand!!!!! However, bed was very cozy, rooms were well decorated, and very comfortable and we had a wonderful view from our balcony (not all suites have them). Drinks in the bar downstairs are ridiculously expensive, with 3.50GBP for 8oz beer, and 10GBP for cocktail. Too bad, their loss, we would spent more time in this bar. Instead, we went to Lots Road pub a few times. If I would come with may dauther next time, I would stay at this hotel again. Without a child, I may look around Oxford St for a more happennig place.

Top Notch!!!

My wife and I spent two nights (one of which was New Year's Eve) at the Conrad.

To sum it up - We had a fantastic time. We can't fault this property at all. The location, staff, facilities and value for money would all have to be given top marks.

A very pleasent suprise.

by TripAdvisor Member tonytelecom

I travel to London about six times per year and stay in a different 5 star hotel on each occasion in my rather unusual quest to have tried them all.When I booked this one I had doubts that it would be up to scratch with it not been in the centre of town.
But I found the place to be great.All the rooms are suites and of the highest quality with massive beds and luxurious cottons and a nice view of the harbour.
If there was a downside then it would be that it is a little out of the way and a taxi is the only choice of transport in the winter.
I think it is worthy of its 5 star rating.

Will go back

by TripAdvisor Member luxmon

If you can afford to spend a few pounds in a taxi and to loose 15 minutes to go to the City, then this hotel is for you.
All the rooms are suites, very nicely apointed (large beds, nice furniture, 2 televisions, CD player), with a practical bathroom and a nice view on Chelsea Harbour.
The staff is, for London standards, very helpfull and the overall design of bar and breakfast room is perfect.
Finaly, and perhaps the most important in a large city like London, the hotel is very quiet. You will sleep like a baby !
I will go back !