The Gore Hotel

The Gore Hotel
Expedia.com TabletHotels.com Orbitz.com

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• A little gem

This hotel is a gem. The de luxe rooms are expensive but well worth it.

We stayed in the Dame Nellie room, with its cool bathroom complete with Grecian styled statues and a large bath. The room was stylish with the very comfortable bed tucked away in a tented alcove (more luxurious than it sounds!).

Breakfast was good but the dining room itself could be improved, it was quite small and not very comfortable which lets the hotel down really. A couple we met in the bar said the room service breakfast was excellent so we'd recommend trying that.

Excellent location for the Albert Hall, a couple of minutes walk.

Directions: nr Albert Hall

• MM212's Profile Photo

English Boutique Hotel in Kensington

A boutique hotel at a great location in Kensington, the Gore Hotel is only a short distance south of Hyde Park and the Royal Albert Hall. It occupies a typical old London house, furnished with beautiful English antiques. The ground floor contains a common lounge with a fire place and complimentary drinks, a tasty restaurant where breakfast is served, and a lively bar open until late. Although my room was small (aren't most hotel rooms in London small?), it was quite comfortable, well equipped and had the feel and amenities of a 5-star luxury hotel. Staying at The Gore is a very English experience and I would definitely stay here again.

• RedheadfromTX's Profile Photo

Complete, Eccentric English Fantasy

I had the good fortune to book the Venus Room in all its eccentric glory: gilded bed owned by Judy Garland, winged chariot tiled mural, and rococco art inclusive. I loved this place - a splurge for sure, but some memorable experiences are worth it on occasion.

Unique Quality: Very very unique; very very English. Cozy bar, excellent restaurant.

More about The Gore Hotel

Lovely boutique hotel

by TripAdvisor Member idlegent

This is a cool hotel. Our room was comfortable and rather grand, with antique furniture and a four poster bed. The bathroom was lovely and the staff very charming. It also has a great bar. The imperfections were (i) the distance from a tube stop and (ii) I pre-ordered some champagne, which did not arrive, but the luses definitely outweigh the minuses. BTW - this is very close to the Royal Albert Hall so definitely consider it if you ar staying in London for that reason.

Nice Hotel but..

by TripAdvisor Member GBAW

Booked via the hotel web site for a two night stay to do some Christmas shopping and a concert at the Albert Hall which is just around the corner. Received a booking confirmation by email of £149 per room per night inc full breakfast. The room was good though not to big, but acceptable all clean etc, etc, though there was a good layer of dust on the high parts of the bed headboard.

On our morning of departure our bill showed what appeared to be added the cost of 2 breakfasts for the first day, so I queried this with reception. When I went back the bill still did not seem to be correct. I was expecting 2 x £149 plus other drinks charges which were correct (though I thought their service charges on every item were high). I was told that the additional difference was because we had taken English breakfast and not Continental, when I produced the email confirmation that stated FULL breakfast did the receptionist agree my point.

Disliked the music in the bar though, it was a bit to loud to have a conversation and put us of staying longer, this could have just been the choice of the staff at the time, but after all it was not a night club.

We would stay again if only for convenience of the Albert Hall but would be careful of the points made here. There is a Great Western just opposite which looked OK so might be tempted on that next time.

Valentines Evening

by TripAdvisor Member Valentinos

Despite some less than inspiring reviews, we found the atmosphere, staff and room very pleasing, if not possibly overpriced marginally.

That said the 5 course meal was superb and the bar pleasantly crowded.

For a special treat, a perfect venue.

LOVED THE GORE

by TripAdvisor Member Becky043

My husband and I stayed at The Gore 18th -20th April in a 'wonderful double' room which had a 4 poster bed (requested at time of booking) Room and facilities were excellent. Very clean, warm and romantically cosey. Staff very professional and friendly. We paid £175 per night and this included breakfast (which was varied and delicious). I checked many other sites for this hotel as reviews were good, but found that contacting the hotel directly gave me the best deal and I was guarenteed the 4 poster!
Whilst there, we asked to see The Tudor Room, which although was beautiful, my husband and I felt it was quite a 'dark' room and didnt do the huge 4 poster bed justice making the room appear much smaller than shown on the hotel website. We also felt in comparison to our room the Tudor room was a little over priced.
The hotel itself is beautiful, full of character and we would love to stay again. However, we would try a themed room next time.

Comments