The Hyde Park Hotel

Costs 59% more and rated 11% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about The Hyde Park Hotel

The Best and Cleanest Washrooms ever

by MaryannPteo about Hyde Park Hotel

Hyde Park Hotel is situated at Hyde Park , London and it is a three star hotel in which they have better facilities and not that cheap for Malaysian standard. For a triple room at that time ( 2001 ) was like over RM500 per room per night.
It was a walking distant to the train station, a walking distance to many shoplots, and not too difficult to find food outside and we managed to go to China town for Chinese food owned by a Penang Chap and wow...almost four times the cost for the food there. Am not supprised somehow.
Crowded with Asians and foreigners too What impressed me most was their washroom for visitors, it was sparkling clean and when you see it you feel like the money is worth paying. I have never seen washrooms as clean as those in London hotels. As I had visited many countries even in hotels their toilets were not as clean so for this I really can say it is one of the most outstanding facilities London can provide in their hotels.

And I also feel the transport have excellent services and very helpful to all especially people like us or any other tourists. It is not expensive , but very convenient

Shopping Haven

by MikeAtSea about Harrods

If there is one store that covers it all it is Harrods. Fayeds shopping paradise in Knightsbridge close to the Hyde Park Hotel offers everything one can possibly imagine. I enjoyed doing my Christmas shopping there in 2003 and after a couple of hours strolling between all departments got all I wanted. The store offers anything from furniture to fashion, delicatessen to spirits, souvenirs to books and much much more….
In the basement is a monument for the killed Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed.

A good 4* hotel

by pili about Hyde Park Ryan Hotel

This hotel is situated in the heart of Bayswater, near the Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens y the West End ( commercial area in London). It´s a good hotel, with very comfortables rooms and friendly service.-

Cheap Hotel in Central London

by bjorn2006 about Bluedaws Hotel, Hyde Park

It is thought that London's hotel accommodation is the most expensive in the world. I was pleasantly surprised to find a hotel within 10 minutes walking distance from Oxford Street (Marble Arch) at very reasonable price. With two friends of mine we stayed in a clean and comfortable basic room at 15 pounds per person. This even included English breakfast and tax. Showers and toilets were very modern (new), three bedrooms sharing one. Room was basic with hot and cold water and TV but very clean (unusual for the price category). Staff was very pleasant and we had a very good breakfast. When we arrived at the hotel we also had a look at en-suite room at 20 pounds per person but opted for cheaper one being budget travellers. We also felt very safe since there was someone on the reception 24 hours a day. I spoke to one of the hotel guests and he said that the parking in front of the hotel was free (another unusual thing in Central London).
We shall definitely recommend Bluedaws Hotel to all our friends and acquaintances. Clean, cheap, comfortable hotel on good location

Entrance of Hyde Park HotelEntrance of Hyde Park Hotel

Big IssueBig Issue

Craven Cottage - Fulham Football ClubCraven Cottage - Fulham Football Club

The pavement cafe areaThe pavement cafe area

The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel

Hi!

Has anyone stayed at The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel in London?

I thought it looked nice and affordable, with an good location. It would be nice if anyone could share their experiences with this hotel.

RE: The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel

by hicken

Hi, If you go to www.tripadvisor.com there are reviews of this hotel from people who've stayed there. Also if you do a search in the London forum you'll find some discussion about it.

by Herna

Yes, I have been to TripAdvisor, and saw that the reviews were very positive, so I thought that I had to double-check if it was too good to be true ;)

RE: The Darlington Hyde Park Hotel

by hayward68

I stayed there a year ago April. Only one night but it was a decent hotel and the location was great, only about 5-10 minute walk from Paddington Station. I had a single room, the bathroom was a decent size, the room had a fridge which was great because I stored drinks in there. You can read my tip here for more info:

by Herna

Thanks! And your description was really thorough and very useful, will definetly take a closer look at your London page. From the hotel's own webpage, I found they had an August (when we will be in London) offer of 75£ for a double room. I don't think that's too bad. (Especially since they seemed to have a decent breakfast; last time we were in London we stayed at a cheaper hotel, but the breakfast was so horrible, we went somewhere else to eat almost every morning, so wasn't so cheap in the end....)

by hayward68

Glad to help! It's no 4 star but I'd stay there again if I wanted to stay in that area.

Darlington Hyde Park Hotel or New England Hotel

by AlaBelle

Hey yall!

Has anyone stayed in either the Darlington Hyde park or the New England hotel? I check them out on tripadvisor.com and they both got mixed reviews but they are both in several highly respected travel guides. I got a good price but would love some further feedback. Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels? Do I need to specifically request a room to get a better room?

Thanks,

Ashley

RE: Darlington Hyde Park Hotel or New England Hotel

by Tina-Perth

I think that TripAdvisor gives you a more accurate overview than Frommers. TripAdvisor and any others with reviews written by customers would hold more weight with me. Fodors have their reviews done by staff who are shown around the hotel and the reports can be dated, as I found out with the Wangfujing Grand Hotel in Beijing. Their report was inaccurate, I wrote to them and they were going to update it as it was several years old.

I only stayed at one hotel in London and it was absolutely DREADFUL!!! That was the Strand Palace - make sure you don't stay there! The website looks fabulous, there must be some great graphic artist they've got working for them! We stayed in the Westminster Suite - the only 'acceptable' room in the filthy, grotty hotel and that was still grotty and 350 Pounds per night!

Woogo

by virtuall_travelerr

Hello everybody
has anyone heard of Woogo Hyde park hotel? Also ..anyone knows of Pod? they serve sandwiches and salads, for reasonable prices, from the website it seemed like a cool place..
thanks

RE: Woogo

by film

Some remarks about Woogo

and a review of Pod

You should also look up Easyhotel and Generator.

Presumably you are looking for the most accomodation for the cheapest price.

It is possible to go below £10 a night at these places. But they have ways of making you pay more. At that level it is still a 'dorm' of sorts. Whether London will see the 'capsule' hotels such as they have in Tokyo remains to be seen.

RE: RE: Woogo

by virtuall_travelerr

Thanks for the reply, and the search, but..
The Woogo I meant is Woogo Hyde park hotel, not the woogo apartments. and the Pod isnt a hotel, but a resturant that I saw on Time out. :)
both seemed like not very known places, but worth trying, especially for the price/quality.
thanks

Travel Tips for London

Everything you need!

by Conflictrealms

Bring as many bags as possible, you will end up buying lots of souviners and great things. If your staying at a hotel, your luggage will be very safe! If travelling in the summer, bring a few T-Shirts, 1-3 long sleeved bottoms and a couple of shorts. If you want to go in the bars and clubs, then bring a pair of neat trousers and shoes. You can find many medical and toiletry supplies in the city, it has everything to offer. Photo films are sold everywhere in London, from the small shops with no names, to Harrods - "The shop" to shop. Hmm, you may find it hard to camp in the City of London...But, when there is a special event with large crowds, many people set up tents in a suitible place to get to the event first.

Comments