The Paddington Hotel

28 Gloucester Terrace, (formerly the Scancourt Hotel), London, W2 3DH, United Kingdom

Agoda.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 17% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• tvor's Profile Photo

Paddington Hotel (1)

The Paddington Hotel is a converted Victorian building and has been renovated and redecorated inside recently. All rooms are en suite and all have double/queen size beds. They accomodate singles in a double room or two in a room. It's just a few steps from both the Lancaster Gate tube stop and Paddington Station so the location is convenient too. The shower stall we had, had no shelf to hold soap or things which was a nuisance. The room did have a dvd player attached to the tv and there was a small fridge in the room as well as a floor fan. The window/doors opened onto a little balcony.

We paid £65 for the double room for two people, continental breakfast included. Breakfast was the standard cereal, toast, juice, tea/coffee. Staff at the desk were all very nice.

Unique Quality: Internet access in the lobby for guests (at a cost). Only 18 rooms. Check in across the street at the Royal Court Apartments where there is 24 hour access and night porters. The Paddington Hotel is across the road, breakfast room in the basement. No lift.

Directions: Gloucester Terrace joins Bayswater road at the Lancaster Gate tube stop, or crosses Craven Rd which turns into Praed St. at Paddington Station. Check in at the Royal Court Apartments, 51 Gloucester Terr. across the road (blue canopy)

More about The Paddington Hotel

Good and Sheap Hotel

by t_cims about Atlantic Paddington Hotel

I recommend this hotel, it is perfekt and good service and near to everything to.
Good prices . Laundry / Tourist information / Games Room / Shared Bathroom / Shared Kitchen / Movie Channel / Microwave / Shower / Bath / 24hr Access / Internet Access / Wash basin / Television lounge / 24 Hour Reception

Worst Mid-Range Accommodation

by CookingMonster about Hyde Park Paddington Hotel

Beware! The worst hotel we stayed in during our recent 5 week trip through Spain and England.

Billed as a 4 star property through discountcityhotels.com, this hotel (at 79 pounds per double) was appalling. In addition, complaints to both the booking website and hotel yielded no apology, or response.

Problems with the hotel included:
- empty mini bar
- heating problem which made the rooms unbearable to sleep in
- no working air con
- broken toilet
- disinterested staff
- no power from 10am to 5pm
- tiny rooms where you have to jump over the bed to get to the window
- vaccuum cleaners and TVs in the hallways (making for a safety hazard)
- multiple televisions in the rooms (like stored on top of each other)

Do not stay there! No-one advised anyone staying there that they are undergoing renovations, and no discounts were forthcoming. I heard no less than 5 separate groups complaining while I was there (only 2 nights). Zero.

Not such a Quality stay

by american_tourister about Quality Crowne Hotel Paddington

I had seen this hotel many times while staying in London and always thought I would give it a try one day. I was meeting a buddy of mine for the Lord Mayor's Show and suggested it as the advert states that there is WiFi for free and the breakfast is at Garfunkel's which is right downstairs. That and the price was right for London.

I booked an Executive King room and it looked fine on the webpage. When I checked in was told that they had no more Executive Kings and that I was being given a Jr Executive room. This was a room on the 5th floor with a sloped side of the room which blocked off it's use, no room to open my suitcase unless I placed it on the bed and what had to be the MOST uncomfortable toilet I have ever sat on. The toilet was placed less than 3" from the wall and I had to sit sideways on it. I would rather have had an Arab style squatter than this torture device.

The hotel lost power the first night I was there and it kicked off their IT server. IT was not reinstated until the very last day I was in the hotel. Every time I asked I got a lame excuse as to why the provider had not rebooted the server. I even asked them to let me do it and get it up and running as I had to find a cybercafe and pay to get my business email while in London. This was VERY inconvienient and the hotel never offered to help until the next to last day when they told me I could go to another hotel down the block and use their WiFi.

To make things worse they lost the elevator (lift) for a day which meant hiking up 5 flights of narrow stairs to get to my room.

by samHung

I am looking for any hotel at around 250 pound, for 5 nights in Sep, can somebody recommend one \ more choices for me?

Thanks!!

by Sharon

HI,

I dont know many hotels at this budget but i do know that very close to Paddington Station there a rea few nice hotels and quite cheap.
Unfortunatelly i dont remember the street name, i can only guide you to get there. very very simple.

But im sure that if you'ld search a hotel through the web and look for Paddington area you'll get those places names.

S.

by samHung

Thanks Sharon, Barnard , however it is hard to found the hotels' official website, u know, instead of founding the web agents, I would like to email the hotels directly, it usually get a better offers. do someone knows there is any website like abaka.com? which is a website forward our requests directly to the hotels in stead of agencies.

Thanks again!!

by Ivan_Jimenez

250? for that price you could try the Lanesborough in Hide Park.....

Or maybe that is 350...

by Sharon

I think it was 250 for 5 nights !

Goddammit!!

by samHung

yes, I mean $250 GBP for 5 night, do Lanesborough have a web site? Thanks Ivan and Sharon..

Comments