The Wembley Plaza London

Empire Way, (formerly Hilton Wembley Plaza), Wembley, Middlesex, HA9 8DS, United Kingdom
Holiday Inn London - Wembley
Booking.com HolidayInn.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about The Wembley Plaza London

DEMAND A ROOM CHANGE!

by TripAdvisor Member johnhird2003

Just come back from a theatre weekend with Newmarket travel staying Saturday night at this hotel. Having read the reviews AFTER I booked I was wondering what we had let ourselves in for. We were allocated an extremely tatty room on the second floor which gave me flashbacks of my bedsit student days in the 1980s. After 20 minutes trying to console ourselves it would do for one night we went down to reception and asked if we could have a better room. Without any arguement we were given a much smarter room on the 6th floor - same size but much better. My advice is if you get allocated a tatty room on arrival go straight to reception (before everyone else does) and ask for a better one. On the plus side the staff are extremely polite and helpful (all foreign - mostly Polish)and the buffet evening meal and English breakfast were good. Wembly itself is very tatty and 'ethnic' and a long, long way from the bright lights of the west end.

Not the nicest

by TripAdvisor Member Dizzyelmo

Didnt have a very plesant stay at this hotel (owned by Hilton at the time) Not the nicest area and not the nicest of walks to the underground stations, especially in the dark! The exterior of the hotel is unattracive, and I know you shouldnt "judge a book by its cover", but what you see on the outside is pretty much the same as the inside! Check in was awful - so slow and the staff were pretty rude and unwelcoming. Our room needed a serious makeover, or even a coat of paint - the room facilities too could have done with replacement, and the single glazed windows didnt keep out any of the noise from the Wembley construction works. The in-house lesuire facility was one of the reasons we chose this hotel, and was pretty dissapointed there too - the pool was not very well looked after and not clean.

Breakfast was good however! (thats the only good thing I can say!!)

Would strongly recommend you seeking out one of the other hotels in the area - I have had better stays in hostels!

Home from home for 10 months

by TripAdvisor Member Business_UK

Stayed here for 2-4 nights a week for 10 months. Quality of the rooms varies hugely depending on which floor you're on. Ask for 6th, 7th,8th or 9th (the best) floor. Rooms on the 3rd and 4th floors are absolutely dreadful, so don't be fobbed off with being allocated one of these rooms. The staff are amongst the friendliest and most helpful I have ever come across (and I spend 50% of my life away from home in London hotels). Breakfast is good. The buffet dinner is perfectly acceptable. I'm vegetarian and there were lots of choices that I could eat as well.

not of a good standard

by TripAdvisor Member leedel

The room we were allocated had a broken toilet seat, so they gave us a room exchange which was ok.
not worth £150 normal rate, try hiltons web site much cheaper.
I would recommend the stay if you are going to a gig at wembley arena, as that is just 1 minute away.
dont bother paying for breakfast too expensive

good location, good value,nice staff

by TripAdvisor Member cyberce

just one night, but thought it was great! Have spent four times as much and had less value.Excellent reception, vg and efficient breakfast, room service food delivered fast and it was fine. House wine at £14.50 and very drinkable. Delivered by a delightful person.Trays cleared away promptly - I have had far worse service at 5 times the price.
Rang reception to order a taxi - it was there before we got downstairs. close for arena and stadium. Bar was a bit male, but that is bars for you. Would stay again.Room a bit tiired but comfy bed, good bed linen, good toiletries... good value for money.

overall ok

by TripAdvisor Member HayleyStaffordshire

food was nice, not brilliant, room was clean. socket hanging off the wall in bedroom. bathroom little grubby. leaking bathtaps rusty and broken shower hose.poor attention to detail. large hole in bathroom wall with cover hanging off. reception staff not the brightest, bar staff miserable and rude. waiter very rude. put my hand up for a coffee because he had ignored me 3 times and he yelled yes i have seen you. still waited a further 3 mins. whatever happened to service with a smile ? location next to wembley is good, but noisy from 5am onwards.

Not great for tourists

We stayed here for 5 nights. The price was good, for London. However, we were really far from the city center. It was usually a 45-60 minute tube ride to all of the typical London attractions. The Underground isn't the cheapest subway travel so the cost really added up. The neighborhood seemed more residential and a little bit scary at night (there were very few women out after dark).

The room was fine, it wasn't dirty but it was old and definitely needs some updating. The wallpaper was peeling and so was the carpet. The staff seemed friendly. The bar was nice, overpriced and not that fun, but nice.

I would definitely spend a little extra money to get a room closer to the "attractions" if that is your intent.

Don't stay here

by TripAdvisor Member JetSetDuo

We booked this hotel through an internet website. They claimed they were 4 stars. For the price we paid, approx GBP 134, this place was horrible.

There was not heating. It was summer time and all they provided was a fan because the window could not be opened much wider than my hand.

The room was filthy. There was dust every where and the towels looked black.

The service was poor and the staff were rude and useless in providing information.

The only bright side of the stay was that they provided Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries everything else was old or not working.

My husband and I checked in for 3 nights but was checked out the next day after we could not find a hotel to check out that very night.

Overall, it was a terrible start for my trip.

DO NOT STAY HERE! Major Scam!

by TripAdvisor Member Torchness

I booked this awful hotel through Hotels. When we arrived, the desk attendant told me that, although I had already paid for the room, he needed to hold my credit card number in case we used the phone or something. I told him there was no way we were going to be using the phone or room service, but he insisted. I looked him straight in the eye and asked him point blank if he was going to charge anything on my credit card at that point. He said no.

After a night that was the hottest it had ever been (no fans were working in the whole hotel, the window offered no breeze), we checked out much the worse for wear.

After I returned home, I saw that the hotel had charged me an additional $180 to my credit card. After immediately calling the front desk and having a difficult time finding someone who was able to understand me, I was told by the manager that it was a "custom" to "authorize" any credit card for 97 pounds, or what was $180. I was shocked, never had I heard this amount, nor did we make any calls. I was flat out lied to by the front desk attendant. The manager assured me that it would be "credited" to my account. Only after 3 days of repeated phone calls and temper tantrums on my part was it credited.

Moral of this story: DO NOT STAY HERE! These people are dishonest, the hotel was sub-par (4 star rating HA!). I just wonder if I weren't on top of it, if I hadn't noticed right away, would they have just tried to keep my money? It was disgraceful. Please, for your own sanity, do not stay in this awful hotel.

to be blunt crap

by TripAdvisor Member kev1983

booked this hotel on tele text for a theater break in london! firstley this hotel realy is not in london! but that was the least of the problems, we checked in on problems but our room was most defantly not 4* more 2*, the kettel was not working so i took it down to reseption to ask for a replacement staff were friendley and said thow they couldont find a replacment straight away they would move our room so we moved room the next room was a little better probley up to 3* standard , hte food at hotel was very poor cooked breckfact was cold and the whole place was a mess!, scence returning i have found out that this hotel seems to be down graded to 3*!!! not suprising realy!

Central hotel close to wembley

by oRi_5

Hi,

We've booked flights to go see Oasis in concert at Wembley on July 11. Now we need to find accomodation. Can anyone suggest some good accomodation - not too expensive please? We're looking for something that is close to wembley arena but also close to central london to do some shopping and sight seeing. We will be staying from Friday to Sunday.

Thanks for any recommendations you might have!!! :)

by zuriga

Check out the Travelodge and Premier Inn chains. They have the most reasonable rates and they are all over the UK.

by tango_jd

You may find that looking-for a hotel or B&B on the tube-line going away from Central London rather than towards the centre is better. The station may be very crowded after the concert going inwards. Then, the tube (Metropolitan Line) can take you in to the shops via Baker Street station the next morning. Approx journey time is 30 mins to/from Wembley park station - a little longer to , say, Hillingdon.
There are several small hotels in Harrow for example.
Worth a thought?

by suvanki

Hi! I've not stayed near Wembley, so can't give a personal recommendation, but- have you tried www.venere.com, or Bookings.com. I use these quite a lot.You pay on arrival/departure, so no upfront payment. They give lists of accommodations, with photos and ratings from people who've stayed there.You can find something in your budget, if you click for hotels based on price, or you can pick from a map, so you can pick hotel near Wembley, or on Underground line, that will take you there. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/2625.aspx for London Transport info including Underground (Tube) maps etc.

Have A Great trip!
Best Wishes,
Sue

by hanoun

check Wembley Plaza hotel, and here is a link to it if you are interested. they offer good prices if you book in advance.

Comments