3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Rated 16% higher but also costs 145% more than other 3.5 star hotels

• jetset05's Profile Photo

Great location

i have used this hotel on many occasions and have always been very happy.It is in a great location just off leicester square, more or less opposite Planet Hollywood.close to all the sights in london and within easy walking reach to almost anything.All in all a great standard hotel in a fab location.What more could you ask for !!!!

Unique Quality: there are some great views from this hotel (eg leister square,the london eye etc) There is a small and comfortable bar in the lobby and although there is no resturant they have great room service.They also serve a great breakfast in the lovely breakfast room. which consists of full english,continental, fruit juices,fresh fruit,cereal toast,and tea/coffee.

Directions: Leicster square, piccadilly,

More about Thistle Piccadilly

Great location but poor hotel

by TripAdvisor Member peewoddin

I was surprised by some of the reviews here. I've just stayed at this hotel and it was a truly grim experience. The location is really good EXCEPT, of course, you are right on Leicester Square. Thank god for sleeping pills - it was incredibly noisy. Try to book a room that doesn't face onto the Square. The staff is really friendly but the room was small, dingy, grim and the heating didn't work. They have such a great location here but the place needs a serious upgrade. I found it really depressing. If you just want to book for the location, do - make sure you needn't spend any time in the room!

Do Not Stay In This Hotel

The Air Conditioning is not working in ALL ROOMS, but they have it on in the lobby........... you can't check out or get your money back, so if you need A/C do not stay here.......... the place is old and creepy, and not the safest place to leave a window open all night........ service is very poor.
I was stuck their for two nights while they promised me they were working on the A/C..... then as I checked out and moved to another hotel, they asked if they could book me into another one of their hotels..... yeah right!

Not good

This hotel needs to be taken down in rating and in tripadvisor ranking. I was scheduled to stay there 4 nights with my family, but ended up staying there only one night. Here is what went wrong.
- Chose hotel because of their family room and location. Was told in e-mail that family room had king bed and queen sofa bed. Turned out to be queen bed and twin sofa bed. When I confronted front desk with e-mail, they really didn't have any answers.
- Air conditioning didn't work in all parts of the hotel. Couldn't eat breakfast because it was so hot in there. Felt like you were taking a steam bath.

Staff tried to be helpfull but didn't have facilities to work with. I would avoid hotel unless location is your main consideration

not good

by TripAdvisor Member opiedro

the hotel is run down and pretty dirty. we were there two nights and had to move rooms after the 1st night. the bathroom was filthy, taps leaking and shower broken. we were moved very fast and without a problem and they didnt charge us for the 1st night (i dont think, i need to double check this!!). so for that i am grateful. 2nd room was nicer, and bathroom in better condition but was still shabby.
location however is perfect.

overall i would avoid this hotel unless i got a real good deal, and wasnt too bothered about the room being really nice.

This hotel is not as bad as these reviews

Ok, i have to say after I read these reviews I almost booked another hotel since I've never been to London and didnt want to stay at a horrible place. First of all, the location of this hotel cant be beat. You are in the middle of everything, the sights, restaurants, the tube....everything is in walking distance which we absolutely loved. If you are going there for a quiet night then I wouldnt recommend this area as it explodes with people at night. We were on the 3rd floor and heard absolutely NO noise from our room. The room was an average size, but you are in london...you arent going to be in your room much! Overall, this hotel had everything we needed, the location was great, and i would stay here again.

Couldn't beat it

I was very put off by all the negative reviews but booked for one night because the location was very close to a conference I was attending.

Our experience was first rate. We stopped by in the morning to leave the bags with the concierge then didn't return until almost midnight. The overnight guy on the desk was very efficient, and our rooms were quiet, clean, and comfortable (my colleague was in a single and I was upgraded to a double).

I was going to move the second night but changed my mind and was able to stay in the same room. Again, first rate with no problems with the bills, wake up calls, or anything else. I would definitely stay there again!

Don't stay here!!!

We were in London last week and stayed at this hotel. We didn't like anything about the hotel except it is in a good location. They messed up our reservation which was on a prepaid voucher. They had us in for the next month. They gave us an upgrade that they should be ashamed of and told us it was complimentary and then charged an extra 20 pounds a day to our travel agency, when it was their mistake. It was in need of updating. The rooms were dingy and small, the air stale. The bathroom wasn't heated at all and it felt like Antarticia. The shower was so narrow and the shower curtain sticks to you which was so annoying. There was no alarm clock and I do recommend that you bring one while traveling abroad because most hotels don't have them. It was not a good value for the money. It is a noisy hotel because it is in Picadilly Circus and Leceister Square and there is a lot of action going on all night. We were thankful that we were on the 6th floor. The staff was lazy. On arrival I was struggling with the door and they watched me and just did nothing to help. The conceige Muhumed was the only helpful one. The breakfast was just okay nothing special. Our recommendation is to find another hotel don't waste your money here.

Appaling Treatment of Customers!

by TripAdvisor Member SherwoodRanger

This is the 2nd time this year we have booked a weekend break at this hotel only to be told the hotel had no room for us and we were to be moved hotels. I think it must be company policy to move people around like this and it is an appaling treatment of its customers.
We will never stay in a Thistle again.

Things have really omproved

I read the reviews of this hotel, but since the new General Manger took over things have been getting so much better. I have used this hotel on my frequent trips to London for two years. He really has improved the service and the look of the lobby and outside. So before you are put off give it a chance. The guy also runs the Thistle Trafalgar hotel down the road, and that too is much better now.

Comments