Travelodge Kings Cross

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 27% more and rated 22% lower than other 3 star hotels

• DarthNuno's Profile Photo

Not smart...

Personals working at the hotel not smart at all...
    We can at 2h15pm... and the rooms are not available before 3pm for the check-in.
    So we had to pay £10 because of that !!! And of course it wasn't possible to discuss anything !
    You have to walk 15 minutes to access the closest tube :-(
    In addition, the room was not very clean....
    Even if it was mentioned as a three stars hotel, it doesn't deserve two...
    Won't choose a Traveloundge again...

Unique Quality: None... too far from everything !

• Suet's Profile Photo

Cheap Accommodation

This is a chain of hotels, good standard and much cheaper than £100 a night. You can find a room for as little as £45 which can sleep three.

Book well in advance and try the King's Cross one. If they haven't any rooms, they suggest a hotel nearby.

You might also consider a London Sight Seeing Pass which gives you free entry to 56 attractions for one price.

Hope this helps.

Directions: Near King's Cross Station

More about Travelodge Kings Cross

Dangerously bad

by TripAdvisor Member Zico.10

I had the misfortune to have stayed in this hotel (???) on Thursday 23rd November 2006. The hotel was booked for me by a work colleague and I had never stayed in a Travellodge before but I will not be doing so again. Description: Lowend hotel reminiscent of the homeless hostels in the area.

I felt it was safer to be locked in the room then to be in the hotel lobby. General atmosphere was midlly threatening.

Smell of bleach in the room barely disguised the underlying smell of vomit and I was itching all night in the bed, not to mention the bare matress complete with springs protruding. The shower did not work when turned to hot so the only option was an ice cold shower the next morning.

I have no a problem with Budget (paid £70 a night) accommodation if its clean and functional. This place did not fulfill even those criteria.

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid.

You know what you're getting with a Travelodge!

by TripAdvisor Member alexmanchester

I've read some of the reviews on this site and, really, I don't know what people expect from a room in the middle of London for £25-75.

A travelodge is a travelodge. You get a clean, basic room for a cheap price in a good location.

That's exactly what this hotel is. Its actually mildly better than most travelodges (especially the royal scot one and farringdon one further up the road) as it was designed specifically and is not an old hotel that travelodge has taken over.

I stayed in a room on the train station side (the loud side) and although the trains can be mildy annoying, I didn't hear any annoucements. I've stayed here a number of times and I have never been moved enough by it to ask for a room on the quieter side.

Also, the trains stop at about 1030pm and don't start again until after 7am in the morning, which is fine if you're staying here for work.

Its a travelodge. Its cheap, its clean and its very handy for London.

In a word - awful!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ManchesterSpeedy

I have never in all my years, stayed in such a soulless, cheap and dirty hotel. I will never stay in a travel lodge again if this is the standard of hotels in this chain. I understand that corners are cut for the budget price, but dirty, dark and filthy hotels are not acceptable. Paint was peeling off the walls, the lift doors were filthy, and all carpets needed a good clean, I was extremely surprised that no Christmas decorations were up as this made the dank and dismal atmosphere even more miserable. The breakfast buffet food was cold and inedible. They have really let themselves down, regardless of the cheap price, a minimum standard of cleanliness and food hygiene was expected.

Be warned.... this hotel is a nightmare

by TripAdvisor Member Wee_Lady

Don't be fooled by the cheap rates at this Travelodge. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

The rooms were clean but there is a very busy train track at the back of the hotel and we could not sleep with the constant sound of trains coming out of Kings Cross station every 2 or 3 minutes. This went on until about midnight then started back up again around 5:00am in the morning. The noise was terrible and there is no way anyone could sleep through it.

If you like a good nights sleep, you have been warned.

Poor Showers & Beds

by TripAdvisor Member Fitzio

We stayed here for 2 nights in a double room (415). We have stayed in Travelodges before and our expectations are a clean, basic, standard quality room with no frills. Unfortunately it wasn''t up to an acceptable standard. The bed was extremely soft and the mattress sloped into the middle resulting in us rolling together. On the first morning, we got up early to try and enjoy a full day, but discovered hot tap on the shower did not work. My boyfriend went to reception and they gave him a key to another room on the 4th floor for showering in. Unbelievably this room had the exact same problem. Reception then gave us a key to another room on the 2nd floor where the shower did work so we had to traipse down 2 floors with our towels and stuff. I also noted from sitting on the bed in this room that the mattress was almost not existent as I could feel the wooden bars from sitting on the bed!
We asked to change rooms, but they didn't have any double rooms free. They said to come back at 3pm, but since our day was already ticking away, we thought we would deal with it at night when we got back. When we returned, we were told there were no spare rooms, but that the handyman had fixed our shower. No surprise to find that the shower had not been fixed and was still the same. So the next morning, we had to go to reception and get the key to a single room on the 2nd floor to use the shower. Although there was water coming from it, it was like standing under a big tap rather than any kind of sprinkle! The shower curtain was so long that it blocked the plug hole causing the bath to fill up (although none of the showers we used had proper drainage from the plugs). When finished having a shower, I turned the shower off and the knob came right off the wall in my hands and fell in the bath! Typical.
The staff at reception were very nice, and we felt sorry for them as the complaints we had were obviously ones they were used to hearing. They refunded us 1 nights accommodation without us asking which was good of them, but I would only return to this hotel I was really stuck. The price is great if you can get a £26 room when they have offers on, but still not worth the inconvenience and hassle in my opinion.

Great location, great price.

by TripAdvisor Member chunkmunk

This is a travelodge, not a luxury hotel. There is no bar or amenities, just rooms.

I booked a double room for 75 pounds. It was very clean, very quiet and the location is incredible - a 2 minute walk from kings cross station. And it was a saturday night.

There is no iron or hair dryer to keep costs down, but TV was good, ensuite bathroom had a great shower and was very clean.

For a cheap weekend in london I would definately use this hotel again. For a romantic weekend of luxury I would look elsewhere.

I am very picky about noise being a light sleeper but found it to be one of the most quiet places I have stayed. Ask for room 205.

Not bad

by TripAdvisor Member cmbtmed

Stayed at this hotel for one night this week, not sure why some people were complaining about the noise..was quiet for us. Getting the room was easy and cheap, bar was good due to lack of underaged drinkers. Only problem i had was the toilet flush handle hadnt been cleaned but the hotel came upto the room and bleached it. Good night...would use the hotel again.

awful

by TripAdvisor Member billy065

it has been the worst hotel i've ever stayed in. My friends and I found MICE in the bedrooms on the 5th floor...i colodn't sleep.. i was so scared. then in the morning the desk clerk poured pesticide for mice on the floor mat!! this is a weighty fact! then other people found creepy -crawly on towels!! and during breakfast we found an insect into glass!!we only required CLEANLINESS! avoid this company

Comments