A13 Coriander Avenue, Telehouse, London, EN E14

Orbitz.com Otel.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• begging for bog rolls and coffe and.....

I have not stopped here before but had the same type of experience as at the Battersea outlet. Had to beg for adequate milk and coffee, and the toilet rolls, even though only a few leaves left, were never changed. Oh, and had to beg for one small bar of soap even though I was stopping there with my son. I think the staff are so badly paid that they must nick the bog rolls, soap etc to take home. The reception staff were human and apologetic but perhaps they have a lot of practice!!!!!!!!!

Unique Quality: None it is a typical LONDON Travelodge, which makes the ones in the rest of the country seem like heaven, eg the Exeter one.

Directions: Offices/computer buildings. East India road has lots of takeaways. But dirty road.

More about Travelodge London Docklands

A few problems but a bargain for all that!

by TripAdvisor Member summ3r

We stayed in the Travelodge Docklands from Dec 27 to Jan 8. I recommend it because it was cheap, basic accommodation (which was all we needed) and because of its accessibility to transit.

the positives:
We had two rooms, a double for £26 a night and a family room for £56 a night. Can't beat that for London. Both rooms were decent sized rooms (and bigger than rooms in a certain London Hilton according to my husband who has stayed there on business).
The hotel was clean, and the bar/restaurant downstairs was convenient. It's standard fare but they serve a fairly good meal if you aren't expecting haute cuisine. The kids liked it as well which was a definite plus.
The front desk staff were extremely helpful - we arrived several hours before check-in, exhausted after the usual all-night flight, and were given our rooms immediately on arrival which I really appreciated.
Big (2' x 5'!) towels in the bathroom!
The hotel is a short, few minutes walk to the Docklands Light Railway which connects to the Underground. It was close and convenient.
There is a small but excellent grocery store just on the other side of the DLR, convenient for anyone wanting to pick up late night snacks or (wonderful!) pastries & juice for in-room breakfasts.

the negatives:
We had a difficult time getting the housekeeping staff to clean the rooms & in particular the bathrooms every day, probably because we tended to leave later on in the morning and they didn't think to go back and do them. I had to go down 4 days in a row to complain that they hadn't been done.
Apparently the hotel ran out of toilet paper!! Perhaps that's why the maids hardly ever replaced the empty toilet rolls. One day the maid left us with 1/4 of a small roll to share between 3 people. I had to go down several times to request more toilet paper and met other guests doing the same thing but the front desk staff were always apologetic and gave us as much as we asked for.
No phone calls to the rooms from outside the hotel. We desperately needed to contact our son in the room once while we were out and were told that because it was a budget hotel it was not possible to have the call transferred to the room. This meant that one of our party had to go all the way back to the hotel which was a real pain in the butt.
Noise from the roadway if you have a room on that side of the hotel might keep some awake though ear plugs did the trick for us.

Bottom line: We all agreed that even though there were problems we would be happy to return to this hotel. This hotel is particularly recommended for families or anyone who needs to keep a strict eye on the budget. You'll get a clean, comfortable bed with own bath/shower (depending on if you have a dbl or family room) in a no frills hotel. (I'd rather spend my money on fun stuff!)

by TripAdvisor Member Claire_murray

We stayed for two nights at the travelodge in Docklands. The area around the hotel is busy during the day but empty on a night - with the exception of East India Dock Road which is constantly busy. Since the road runs behind the hotel the traffic noise is offputing and made if difficult to sleep. The area around the hotel is well lit and generally quiet - so returning late isn't a problem.

Whilst the staff were helpful, the bed was broken and the room needed cleaning. Although the towels and bed linen were clean. On the second night we only received one towel - which was slightly bemusing as they left two of everything else.

The hotel is a short distance from the East India station on the Docklands Light Railway which has direct links to the tower and bank underground stations.

Overall the hotel is adequate - we booked a £26 a night deal but wouldn't have wanted to pay more!

Perfectly acceptable

by TripAdvisor Member Devonbloke

Stayed here on one of the Travelodges special deals. Was well worh the £26. Room was clean and a good size. Location was only a couple of minutes away from the DLR which took you straight into the City.

The bar was ok and not overpriced. All perfectly good.

Ask for a room overlooking the car park. Its very quiet.

Would stay again for the price. It was better than some more expensive 4 star hotels I have stayed in.

A Great London experience

by TripAdvisor Member maggiemai26

I found the hotel comfortable for our needs. When staying in London and out and about all day what more do you want than a comfortable bed clean sheets and towels and friendly staff. Before booking I read other peoples reviews. All I can say is if you want 5 star accomdation pay for it you wont get that here but it is clean and comfortable and easy access to buses and the light rail. We stayed here 7 nights. Valerie Australia

Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member fifer72

Stayed here for 2 nights with 9 others as down from Scotland on Stag weekend. We booked it because it was only 26 pound per room per night.
Rooms were very clean and comfy bed also pull out sofa bed. Plenty BIG towels and excellent shower.
Only downside to room was it was on the same side as a busy road and from 6.30ish onwards the noise is quiet bad. (all the other guys were on car park side and said it was silent). Ask for car park side room...
Had a few drinks in the bar/restaurant on saturday night before going out was really nice and reasonable priced..
Staff all very helpful although maid trying to get in room at nine o clock is not the best..
2 minute walk to docklands railway which takes you in to central London which is fine.
We got taxis back one night from west end it cost 25 pound in taxi..
OVERALL a wee bit far out for me but good value for money>>>

Cheap, but grubby

by TripAdvisor Member Fatwolf

This hotel seems to share a theme with other travelodges. It's dirty and run down. While the price was good, I worried about my health because evrything was just not clean. This included the rooms, the corridors, the crockery and the cutlery. As it's in the middle of nowhere (lots of office buildings, pretty, but not exciting when closed) it is useful they have a sort of restaurant, but the food is basic and adequate rather than anything else. The bar is pretty much the same with no draught beer, only Cans and bottles. Front desk staff friendly and helpful, but in the bar / restaurant some struggled with English. No problem to get to central London (on the edge of zone 2 on the DLR) but nothing really around it, apart from the Dome across the river.

Great place to explore London from!

by TripAdvisor Member RachSB

We spent 3 nights at this hotel on a bargain £26 offer - and it was a great base for exploring! The East India DLR stop is 5 minutes walk (and through an ok area so you would be happy walking on your own) - purchase a travel card and then it is very easy to explore all of London.

The hotel is a huge impersonal place, but clean and efficient - with a bar/cafe so you are able to eat and drink on site if you choose. It is children friendly too. The rooms are your basic Travelodge style - so clean and spacious enough with all necessities but no extras. Parking is available for £5 per night too.

All in all, we would definitely recommend this hotel for an easy stay in London!

Bargain-tastic!

by TripAdvisor Member Olivia88

Stayed for one night, a nice double room cost us £26, which was a bargain. Twice as much would have been fair for what was a clean, tidy hotel with comfy beds and great access to London. I think that some reviews are very unrealistic and unfair - so you only get 5 TV channels - you're paying peanuts, what do you expect?! The room was spacious enough, and basically, this is the kind of place you have as a base, rather than as a hotel experience.Service was friendly and the connection to London is fast and cheap. I wouldn't want to stay in the summer though - the roads nearby are noisy most of the time.

great value, great location for exploring london

by TripAdvisor Member longlegs

We stayed here for 2 nights with friends to celebrate the new year in London, we payed the cost of £26.00 per room per night, which i think is fantastic price, this lodge is only about a 4 minute walk to Londons Docklands railway which takes you straight into Central london.
The hotel was very clean, we did phone the day before as we had been warned about trying to stay in a room the car park side, other wise your room over looks the A13!!!!!!! which can be vey noisy.. our room was top floor on the car park side, which was very quiet, cannot fault this lodge, excellent value for money.
Would definately stay again when visiting London.

Travelodge London Docklands/surrounding area...

by joits

I would like to ask if any member has stayed at this hotel and if they could give me details about their stay, the quality of the rooms and the area that its in, i would really appreciate it.

Or if anyone could at least tell me what the neighborhood is like (tube station: east india) that would help too.

by zuriga

I've stayed at a few Travelodges around the UK. They are all the same, basic format.. very serviceable, clean and a good deal for the price.

by robine

I'm sure the hotel is fine, but personally wouldn't choose to stay in Docklands, where there's little of interest.

by bossanochance

I agree with robine - its a bit bleak and lacking in human warmth, though the Docklands Light Railway is a good scenic ride...

by archer1267

I worked in the Docklands area for 3 months in 1995, and things might have changed since then in terms of people moving in. At the time, there wasn't a very "residential" feel to the Docklands - it was a place that felt empty in the evening and on weekends. The best thing, to me, was taking Docklands Light Rail to the end of the line and walking through the tunnel to Greenwich (now DLR goes all the way to Greenwich, so the tunnel is unnecessary). Greenwich is definitely worth a visit and exploring - and it's a bit more lively in the evening.

by joits

cool, thanks people! u gave me many things to think about before i make my final decision!

by lizhav

I was in Docklands a couple of months back. I must say the area has changed dramatically over the years between visits. Plenty of bars and restaurants esp near E. India although for major clubbing you'd still be better off coming into central London.

Travelodges are same anywhere in UK...clean, and have bed - what more do you need

Comments