1-11 Grafton Place, off Eversholt Street, London, NW1 1DJ, United Kingdom
Travelocity

More about Travelodge London Euston

Go to Premier Inn instead!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SukiStardust

I recently stayed at Travelodge Euston with my teenage daughter and we found it completely unsatisfactory. As we arrived in London at 6 am we were appaled to find that we could not store our luggage anywhere and were forced to carry several heavy suitcases around with us until check in at 3 o'clock. We also had the same problem when it came time to check out as our departure from London was not until 12 midnight.
The room was very small and there was no space to hang up clothes, store bags etc. There were not the usual necessary appliances, such as shower gel and a hair drier, which are found in almost every hotel. The shower curtain was too small so the bathroom floor flooded and the hand wash soap was very minimal. As the hotel is new i expected the furniture and appliances to be up to the highest standard and undamaged but i found that my toilet seat had been broken in half and had not been replaced. This was very inconvenient and made using this facility rather unpleasent. As my room was on the first floor it was very noisy during the night.
Breakfast was minimal and had no selection. Also there was not much seating areas.
The location was fine as it was just across the road from Euston Station.
I sincerely wish that i had opted to stay at Premier Inn as i find its service 100% satisfactory and has a great value for money.

Great for the price

by TripAdvisor Member Cal28

The location couldn't have been better, right by Euston so great that you don't have to struggle with luggage on the Tube.
It looked liked it had just been refurbished, although our room smelled slightly of damp it was clean in every visible way.

The main bad point we found is that there is NO LUGGAGE ROOM. We had to pay £10 to check in early and couldn't keep the room past 12 when we checked out. Luckily Euston has a luggage service but at £13 for 2 pieces it can add quite a bit to the weekend if you do it both ways.

We went to see a concert, it was a direct line to Wembley Park from Euston Square and even coming home it was very well organised. Great for a weekend, whatever you go to London for.

Better than your average Travelodge

by TripAdvisor Member antoin

Chose this hotel as we just wanted a stopver and had an early train the following day.

Hotel was new and modern, bed was very comfortable and if you request a room on the back of the hotel there is hardly any traffic noise but no view.

Five minutes away from St Pancras and Euston tube station on the northern line, so into Central London in ten minutes.

Not everything was perfect though. As in previous reviews for Travelodge, we were given a room that was already occupied, and our bedroom door would not shut properly without having to slam it shut.

The chambermaids was also very keen and knocked twice before 9.30am to see if our room was free.

Call me a snob but.....

by TripAdvisor Member esmecat

It was dire. I stayed with 2 colleagues on a business trip. It was the first time we stayed in this hotel and hopefully the last! My room was large as it was a disabled room but in the basement so my view was the bottom step and a wall. To be fair it was clean but the facilities could have been miles better. One small soap, a kettle and a TV was about the lot. My colleague’s rooms were even worse. Small, dark and on the ground floor so although constantly aware of the never ending buses and passers by they had to keep the blinds shut to avoid people looking in. I am told that the buses are reliable as the seemed to be running all night and they even got a couple of knocks on the window for good measure. The bar was deserted and you would think for £95 per night you would at least get the limited continental breakfast that was offered but it appears that we and a fair few others were not privilege to this and so it was off to the greasy spoon down the road. Finally, I must comment on the staff who excelled in hostility and impoliteness - it really was a treat all round!

Great Location and Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member samm65

Stayed here for a long weekend earlier this month.

The location was fantastic, knew it was close to Euston but hadnt expected it to be literally next to it - a big plus not having to use the tube with luggage.

The room was on the second floor, was bright, airy and had the bonus of air conditioning which i usually find lacking in Travelodges.

Being a brand new hotel everything in our room was shiny and worked well, i see other people had a few problems but our room was fine.

It was on the noisy side as we hadnt asked for a higher floor or at the rear of the hotel, but thats to be expected on a busy road, we had earplugs so it didnt really bother us. I would ask for a higher floor or a room at the rear next time though.

We didnt eat breakfast there as there was a little cafe round the corner that was great value and offered more choice.

I stayed here with my husband and daughter, like Cal28 we were also there for the weekend, don't suppose you saw the Foo Fighters too Cal28 seeing as you mention Wembley and looks like it was the same weekend?

The hotels position makes it great to get anywhere in London, we used both the tube and the buses and had an absolutely fantastic weekend.

I always find Travelodges sufficient for value for money breaks, we got 3 nights for less than 1 night in another hotel and yes we didnt have shower gels etc, but i prefer my own anyway.

I did borrow the iron and ironing board and the staff i found to be very helpful.

The chambermaids were indeed keen but they were polite and would come back later if necessary.

We knew prior to going there was no left luggage as it states that on the website, we were lucky however as arrived just as check in was allowed and left for our train home when we had to vacate the room.

I would recommend this hotel and would definatley use it again...if we got a good price, i wouldnt however pay the £110 rack rate, if i were going to pay that i would stay in a hotel that does have those extra luxuries in the bathrooms!

Noisy!

by TripAdvisor Member AcerLeeds

Now it's difficult to know how to rate this one because it is a brand new Travelodge and therefore it is very clean, modern, airconditioned, comfy bed etc. so in that respect it is better than a lot of the older ones.

However the room was very small. Also our room was on the first floor facing the road. And it was VERY noisy all night (Sunday!) There were buses running past our window and boy could you hear them! I kept waking up throughout the night as the sound was so loud I thought there was a missile attack.... There were lots of sirens too and I discovered in the morning we were facing a fire station!!!!

I would not stay here again as neither of us could sleep (even my partner who normally sleeps through anything!) Left us exhausted the following day.

new hotel

by TripAdvisor Member metts

Stayed 1 night in room LG 10.
Asked for a quiet room at check in. Reception asked if we would mind the basement with no view. I wanted to be able to sleep some where quiet, so we chose the basement.
Couldn't open window but the A/C worked well. Family room with 1 double 1 sofa bed
and a pull out bed. Not much hanging space. Plenty of tea/coffee. Hair dryer and iron available from reception.Cafe/bar also in basement., but didn't use.Clean hotel,maybe cos new, staff pleasant and helpful. No curtain ,pull down blind instead. Quiet enough, distant rumble of tube. but no problems. Good deal £29 Sunday night.

Beware lower ground floor rooms

by TripAdvisor Member timmytwoshoes

Very clean but very plain,
we only had 2 days and were on the Lower Ground floor
or the basement
for secuity the windows are locked down and you do not get a key
my wife had the fun of coming out of the shower and having a passing tradesman look into the room
you only get what you pay for

when booking in and you key number starts LG hand it back and
ask for another room also the room doors are VERY heavy and if you are in anyway infirm you will never get them open

Avoid

by TripAdvisor Member lancsbaldy

Avoid this hotel if you wish to sleep at all.
This must be the noisiest hotel around, it is right outside Euston station on a very busy road with minimal sound insulation, the air con sprayed water over the bed, light didnt work, mirror broken and bathroom tiling damaged. You would expect more from a brand new hotel.
The staff were surly and not very helpful, if you must stay in this area there are better hotels available.

Basi, noisy accommodation

by TripAdvisor Member RVSMW

You know what you are getting with a Travelodge, and this one was ideal for me in terms of location (next to Euston station, and near University College London). The room itself was ok - usual standard, but next to a main bus route it was incredibly noisy from about 5am. There also seemed to be problem with a water leak in the room, making part of the carpet damp. Breakfast (extra) was ok by travelodge standards, but you would be better at the Costa Coffee accross the road. I booked in advance and got the place cheap, but didn't feel i have value for money.

The Kings Stores pub - LondonThe Kings Stores pub - London

www.juliettejeanclaude.comwww.juliettejeanclaude.com

Your aim from Island Gardens.. well worth a visit!Your aim from Island Gardens.. well worth a visit!

View from St Paul CathedralView from St Paul Cathedral

london sights

by nech56

First of all thanks to everyone who answered me...the replies were very helpful.
Does anyone know if there are discount deals for the wax museum and the Guiness museum? Also thr zoo?

Re: london sights

by cranejohn

Hi
If you go on line there is discount on the London eye and wax museum.
Also there are discount for a boat trip down the Thames river.

Re: london sights

by Dabs

If you get a paper travelcard for the tube or National Rail, you can take advantage of the 2 for 1 offers, the ZSL London Zoo and Madame Tussauds are both listed.

lastminute.com might also have some offers.

Comments