1 Goodmans Yard, Lloyds Court Business Centre, London, E1 8AT, United Kingdom

Hotelsclick.com Travelocity AMOMA.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• PALLINA's Profile Photo

To be booked in great advance

This hotel was raccomended by an English friend, whose brother lives in London. It is centrally located, near Tower Bridge (Underground "Tower Hill" on walking distance of 1-2 minutes). Such an area offers not that much in the evening but you can have from there nice walks to the Tower Bridge, The Tower of London and towards all Southbank.

There are just standard rooms, not very big but there are nice and modern forniture, a flat tv screen, a desk and a sort of wardrobe (not very big actually). Bathroom is also very fuctional and, fortunately, with no carpets. Carpets in English bathrooms are a sort of (negative) legend in Italy!!!!

There is a breakfast buffet (all you can eat) at 7,50 £ but we never tried.
    No mini bar in the room, but every tipe of beverages and snacks' vendor machines at the reception.

Unique Quality: Just opened (October 2008) so it's still new and fresh. I hate old English carpets, especially in the bathrooms.
    We paid 55 £ per night per room: it's nothing for central London but we booked with a non refundable rate at the end of January for the beginning of May. If you cannot be sure to go, you will loose everything.

Directions: C/O Lloyds Court Business Centre

From Tower Bridge, just 1 minute in direction Liverpool Str.
    From Stansted Airport, take Stansten Express Train until Liverpool Str. From there, Bus #47 or Underground.

More about Travelodge London Tower Bridge

Good Hotel with Good Location.

by TripAdvisor Member Beckyboo1986

I booked this hotel for Valentine's Day for £9. Thought this was a real bargin and wasn't that bothered about the hotel but was pleasantly surprised.

As others have said it's very close to Tower Hill station. You turn left out of the station, then left (cross over at lights) then first right (past a pub) and you can see it straight away.

When we checked-in about 6:00pm the hotel seemed a bit lively. The person who checked us in was on the phone and I find this quite rude but it seems the type of hotel that wont offer good customer service. Seems very in and out but if your not looking for anything more than a bed and bar it's fine.

We stayed in room 220 and this was fine. The bed was very comfy and had tea/coffee making fac and tv. The bathroom was small but had a shower. Only had soap no other bathroom products.

I don't go away to watch tv but when we did turn it on briefly you can see the picture as it's flat on the wall and high up, they could do with putting it on a movable bracket but again if your not bothered it doesn't matter.

We had a drink when we got there and took it to our room. It was quite expensive but usual London prices (£8 for 1 beer and 1 wine/leamonade). We had the buffet breakfast at £7.50 each which filled us up. A selection of toast, cereal, youghurt and cooked breakfast.

We did notice after checking out a Weatherspoon's near the hotel (turn right out of the hotel) that served food so that might have been a cheaper option.

Even though the hotel is near a railway line we didn't hear any noise.

For what we wanted I thought this hotel was great. It was right by the Tower of London and near the station. A great place to sleep in the Capital.

Excellent value for money

by TripAdvisor Member GAndrews

We booked this hotel for just £52 (all in) for a Saturday and Sunday night in February. (Standard cost seems to be about £80 a night).

The location is excellent as others have said - during our visit Tower Hill station was closed during the weekend due to maintenance work on the Circle and District Lines but Aldgate and Aldgate East are short walks away. Indeed a handful of stations are within reasonable walking distance.

The hotel is recently opened - looking at the building I'd say it is a conversion as opposed to a newbuild but no matter inside it is fine. There is still the pleasant smell of newness and everything is still spotless.

Our room was fairly plain but had a very comfortable bed, TV, tea/coffee making and was very quiet.

The bathroom wasn't huge but perfectly adequate.

Only negative was at breakfast which although was reasonable at £7.50 for a cooked breakfast in a London Hotel - they managed to run out of butter and at one stage clean coffee mugs. Those are things that a hotel really just shouldn't run out of.

Overall, we were very happy with the hotel for the price paid. Even at full rates it is probably not a bad option compared with other hotels at the same price.

I give this hotel a good rating on the basis of the quality of the hotel for the price paid.

Photos added by others reflect our room.

Great location, good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member alXpucu

I stayed at the hotel for one night and as a whole was very pleased with the hotel. Contrary to what many people have said staff were actually really helpful and polite. The room was pretty basic but very clean and comfortable, for a person like me who was staying there for one night only the basic furniture wasn't a problem at all, though the lack of a proper wardrobe, drawers and night tables could be a problem if staying longer. Bathroom was basic too, but very clean and well maintained. Bed was also pretty comfortable and I was really happy with the flat screen TV and the tea and coffee making facilities. Even though my room was looking towards Fenchurch Street rail station I think it was well insulated and quiet as I didn't hear any noise at all, heating was adequate too. The nearest tube station was only a few minutes walk so the location is definitely a plus. Overall, the room was exactly what I expected, if you read the description before you book you shouldn't expect any surprises, also take a look at the pictures other reviewers supplied - rooms correspond exactly to those pictures (but not to the ones on the Travelodge website). If you manage to book a room well in advance for a decent price the hotel is well worth the money.

Great value and perfect if you are only looking for a place to rest your head

by TripAdvisor Member Offaly_Lad

I stayed here for three nights and got agreat deal for £174 on Gtahotels.com. The location is very central with the Underground and DLR right on your doorstep. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and there was plenty of room in the shower to move around. My room was on the 5th floor overlooking Goodman's Yard but with the windows closed you could not hear the traffic. My only complaint was the flat screen TV was a bit high on the wall which made the screen look dark when lying on the bed, but luckily I wasn't watching for too long.

Serves a purpose

by TripAdvisor Member Drawsmap

Check in was fine, staff were efficient and friendly, but not over friendly. Two Lifts/Elevators available to take you up to the Rooms, and apparently some rooms on the Ground Floor. Stairs also available to the upper floors. My room was on the top floor, smaller than some, and had a Shower with a curtain, rather than a bath with shower over. As usual, only one set of towels for two people, but a quick return to reception provided both an extra set of towels, and an apology for the lacking set. Bed was comfortable, but slightly soft and springy. There was road noise, and as the quilt was thick, things were too warm with the window shut, too noisy with it open. I would shudder to think what it would be like in warmer months, so would hesitate to stay in a Travelodge during the Summer. The location was close by to Aldgate and Tower Hill Underground, and less than 100 yards from Tower Gateway, left out of Tower Hill, along a Pedestrian Walkway, left into Minories, under the Railway Bridge, turn right, and the Hotel is seen directly ahead, on the right. During the day the Routemaster Buses often park next to the Hotel, waiting for their timetabled start.

perfect

by TripAdvisor Member Helen237

Great location - 5 mins from Tower Hill tube station and near the tower of London and St Katherines Docks where there are lots of eating places.
Value for money, clean, comfortable functional room, very comfy bed, no noise from outside whatsoever - our room was at the rear we could see the DLR tracks but never heard a sound. Was given an extra towel on arrival from very helpful staff, i asked for an extra pillow it was brought up straight away. Don't bother with breakfast at the hotel try the Wetherspoons opposite for a huge fry up for £3 ! No complaints from me - would definitely return.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member betskuuk

Stayed here for 4 nights and found the hotel to be more than adequate. Great location, only 5 minute walk to tube and Tower bridge/tower of london etc. Room was smaller than the usual travelodge rooms but this wasn't a problem. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was great. Only downside was the view from the room (114) was looking out to a brick wall. The hotel has a small bar and restaurant but didnt really use it as there are plenty of bars and restaurants in the area. There is a great wetherspoons just across the road. There are 2 internet terminals in the reception area which was handy. Defo stay here again.

Perfect for young couple!

by TripAdvisor Member daytonas13

My fiancee and I spent a week at this Travelodge. We are in our mid to late 20's and found it to be just perfect for our 7 night stay.

Location -- The location is only a 2min walk to the Tower Hill tube station which is served by the Circle and District lines. Perfect if you are coming from Victoria Station like we did. The hotel borders the financial district so the area is very quiet at night.
The Minories pub next door had odd hours but was very busy on Friday and Saturday night.

The Room -- Small but functional. Extremely clean. Left a couple pounds on the bed every morning for the cleaners and my room was spotless every time I returned to it with clean extra towels and a nicely made bed. The windows are double paned so with both closed it is EXTREMELY quiet. I could not hear a thing from the street. The TV is nice although it could have been mounted slightly lower. Didn't really watch any TV anyway so it wasn't even considered an issue. The bathroom was just fine. We brought all of our toiletries (soap, shampoo, etc). Soap was provided but we didn't use it. The bed was very comfortable. The comforter was heavy so didn't need to use the in-room heater really.

Price/booking/check-in -- We got saver rates on our room. The website was finicky in that it wouldn't let you book a block of days at a time. I ended up having to make 7seperate reservations for consecutive days to get the lower rates. I was concerned this would be an issue but the staff at the front desk were well aware of this and said the only hangup is that I needed to have my room key reprogrammed everyday because the computer system automatically deactivates the card on the day of checkout on that particular reservation. Not a big deal as it was only a 30-second ordeal whenever I got back to the hotel at night. As for check-in when I arrived, the staff was very friendly. I knew about the £10 early check-in fee beforehand so I paid that and went to my room at noon instead of the normal check-in time of 3pm.

Conclusion -- I would gladly stay here again. What you get for the price cannot be beat for a central london hotel!

It's a Travelodge in a good location

by TripAdvisor Member adsk

Travelodge is cheap and cheerful - even in Central London. Room is quite small but adquate. Bathroom clean and functional.

Get a room and you'll get...
A Bed - comfortable with effective reading lights
Kettle - tea, coffee, 'tastes like milk' (no it doesn't!)
TV - UK terrestrial channels, Radio 1, 2, 5 Live, BBC News Channel, 4Music TV (if you lie in bed the angle means that the LCD picture is washed out
Plastic bucket chair
Hangars
Roller blackout blind (no curtains)

The bathroom is fully fitted with hansgrohe fittings. Shower not the most powerful but plenty of hot water.

Had breakfast in the hotel. It was OK - choice of cereals, grapefruit, sausage, bacon, scrambled egg, mushrooms, beans, toast (diy in toaster), teas (brew in mug not in a teapot), coffee etc. Wetherspoons pub across the road will do a breakfast for less ££ (open from 9 AM).

Location is good for City and Tower of London. 5 minute walk from Tube & Fenchurch Street BR.

Lots of traffic noise if you open the windows (would be an issue in the summer because I don't think there is air conditioning and in mid march the room was very warm with no heating on!)

Comments