Travelodge Marylebone

Travelodge London Marylebone
Orbitz.com Travelocity AMOMA.com

• SallyM's Profile Photo

Basic, but convenient

You know what you are (and are not) getting with Travelodge. A clean room, tea-making facilities, TV, private bath or shower. No frills as far as decor is concerned, no toiletries (except soap) and no breakfast included.

Normally rooms are generously-sized. The first time I stayed here I had a single room. This was not large, but there was just about room for a single bed, desk, space to hang clothes, wall-mounted TV and shower room. On another occasion I had a double room, which was a much better size, and had a bath as well as shower.

This particular Travelodge has a Cafe Bar downstairs which offers a small range of hot food (chicken wings, pizza etc.) and breakfasts (£7.50 extra). There are plenty of other eateries in the area to choose from, though.

All in all it is perfectly satisfactory but as there doesn't seem to be much difference in price between the single and double rooms, it's definitely better to go for the double.

Unique Quality: This hotel is next to London Marylebone Station (Bakerloo line) and a short walk from Baker Street (Bakerloo, Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Jubilee lines) so is conveniently situated. It is not too noisy at night.

Directions: Next door to Marylebone Station

More about Travelodge Marylebone

Great Value Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lill252

My son and I stayed here in a twin room from 13th- 15th February , having only paid the saver rate of £26 per night it was excellent value for money. The bathroom was a bit shoddy but what can you expect for this money,however the bedroom and linen were exceptionally clean so I would diffinately recommend it as a great place to stay if you are on a budget.Its proximity to the station was an added bonus. I hope this review helps.

Ideal location, cheap and cheerful

by TripAdvisor Member Matt_Bowkett

Was staying up in London for 1 night mixing business with pleasure so wanted a reasonably priced hotel close to Paddington and Oxford Circus and found this Travelodge through their website - ---. £49 without Breakfast (that was charged seperately at £7.50 each which we didn't take, seems very over priced!). Room was spacious, although next to busy road so the planned lie in ended around 7am by being woken by the busy road outside - but what can you expect from London!

Ideal location, no more than 1 minute walk from Marylebone tube station on Bakerloo line (Brown one!) with 10 minute trip to Oxford/Piccadilly Circus, Paddington only 10 minutes in the other direction.

Room condition was average, expectations weren't great for only £49 - would think about staying again for business due to location, but may think of trying somewhere else when taking the other half.

Good basic accoomodation

by TripAdvisor Member Sandgrounder_2

Great cheerful staff and location, kept very clean and quite a large room. Have to agree that it really needs some refurbishment - some of the tiles were quite loose and the wall paper and upholstery on the chair were worn. You could say that at £75 it is cheaper than the local London Travel Inns, but they are all in a much better state of repair. I wouldn't be worried to stay here again, but probably not as a first choice.

Loved Travel Lodge!

by TripAdvisor Member suzanne.sanderson

23-26Feb 2007
Really enjoyed our stay in London in this hotel. To be honest we didn't spend alot of time in the room. However the room was clean and fresh towels were supplied everyday. the location is great - less than 2mins walk from the nearest tube,and this will have you in Picadilly in ( 7min) we timed it!
They will keep your cases if you check in early or have a late departure.
The staff were helpful, we required an iron and this was provided immediately on request.
The M&S across the street is very handy and if in need if a quick and reasonably priced breakfast the cafe across from the station is cheep,quick and very good.
Considering we have stayed in london for 1 weekeend every year for the past 8 and got this stay for the supersver rate of £26 ,I would say it's excellent value

Stay away!

by TripAdvisor Member BECKY126

Would not recommend this to anyone.
Yes a good price, great location but thats about it.
Rooms smell (no non smoking room). Hadnt been cleaned for about 3 weeks. Cleaner must just come in and make the beds. Taps missing off the bath; toenails all over the floor. Returned to room to find the door had been left open by the cleaner. Thankfully nothing was missing.
Didnt ruin our trip though as we had a great time, love london, will definately come back, but not to this hotel.

OK if you don't mind mildew odors

by TripAdvisor Member triptraveler

I booked this hotel as a resting spot before getting an Easy Bus ride
to Luton airport on our last day in London. I got the 15 pound rate which is close to what I'd have to pay for left luggage.

The hotel is right outside the Marylebone tube station and about two blocks from the EasyBus stop.There are shops close by and in the station.

The lobby and lift were fine but the odor of mildew hit you as soon as you walked in the door to the room. The entire ceiling by the window was covered in mildew. The wall paper is starting to curl and the toilet was a bit tempermental about flushing. There was a pretty big gap between the tile and the tub which was mildewy also.

I wouldn't have been happy if I were spending the night, but as a place to rest after a long day it sure beat a bench in a train station. Plus we got our own bathroom.

ok for £15!

by TripAdvisor Member JJJJJUK

Stayed here in February 2006. For 15 quid I wasn't expecting a huge amount but it was ok. I'd booked a double smoking room. The room was a fair size, a bit worn & tatty but acceptable clean apart from the absolutely filthy net curtains - they were grey with age/dirt!

The bathroom had a cracked sink but was clean.

The bed was a bit uncomfortable compared to other Travelodges I've stayed in. Every time I moved it creaked loudly!

The location is fantastic. Literally 2 minutes from Marylebone station, and very easy to find. Don't bother with the hotel breakfast, across the road is a reasonably-priced cafe where I got brakfast & coffee for under £3.00.

All in all, if you can get a room for the £15/£26 rate it's fine!

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member Helsbells1011

We stayed here 3 nights last month and would happily stay there again. The hotel is in a fabulous location - just walk out of Marylebone station, turn right, walk for 60 seconds! There were public phones on the street outside, plus on station, a taxi rank, plenty of places to eat, a Tesco supermarket 5 minutes level walk away, it's within walking distance of beautiful Regents Park, Madame Tussards etc.
We extended our stay another night and had to pay 80 pounds for that compared to 26 and 49 pounds for the first 2 nights. Eighty pounds is a bit steep for what you get but the convenience and averaging it out were the deciding factors.
Our room was clean (Room 204), didn't smell like cigarette smoke, looked down on the main street (and to the station entrance if you put your head out), the window opened a little and the staff were helpful.
Somebody else mentioned the bathrooms and this was the only fault I could find. At first we thought the toilet was broken but there was a knack to flushing it. I like HOT bath/shower water but it seemed the water temperature had been set fairly low.
All in all though I would have no hesitation in going back.

2nd Time here!!

by TripAdvisor Member Groovybaby

I stayed here again for 4 night in January! Yes I know its a bit late to submit the review but though what the hey!!

This time I experienced problems booking in. i had booked the super saver room £15.00 per night and paid for it in advance on a credit card. When I checked in they said the money hadn't been taken so I had to pay the £60.00 on my debit card.
The super saver rooms can only be pre-paid so it was there site that was faulty. I contacted my card issuer and right enough the money hadn't been taken. The Manageress's attitude left a lot to be desired.

Apart from that the room no 415?? was tiny and a lot nosier compared to our previous room 209 on our trip there in Nov '06.

The room was clean, tidy and warm so was quite happy. The maids visited everyday so no complaints there.

We went back here because of the location to shops, food outlets and tube stations. So the location makes up for the few minor problems that we experienced this time around.

We're going back here in Aug 07 for 2 night break so do a new review then.

Comments