Two Hyde Park Square Apartments

2 Hyde Park Square, London, W2 2JY, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Average

• Horrible and Expensive

Beware. The photos and description are inaccurate. We booked 3 months in advance, for a topfloor apartment. We paid a premium rate. Full payment was taken at the time. I should have been concerned. We arrived on a Sunday evening after traveling around England for nearly 3 weeks. We expected a nice, refurbished, roomy one bedroomed apartment. We got a small, shabby, uncomfortable Studio. The bed was old and lumpy. The pillow inners were stained and disgusting. The bathroom could have been cleaned better. There was dust everywhere. There wasn't even tea, coffee or milk available. I complained to the manager. He was polite. We were to be moved the next day. I had to find my email correspondence and send it to him to prove what I had booked!! He did not contact the agent/owner at this time. Why not?? It took until Tuesday for him to get my email as he was away on Monday. My email clearly showed what I had asked for and the rate given. The next apartment was better though still really shabby and dusty. Only a washing machine no dryer. Again, no welcome pack of tea, coffee or milk. The kitchen cabinetry was peeling. The door to the bedroom was damaged and falling apart. NOT GOOD! At least it was roomy. We were moved again on the final evening to the refurbished apartment. It was much better, but it is above the lobby and drive in area so is noisy all the time even though it is on the top floor. It was only when my husband spoke to the manager that any reimbursement was organised or spoken of. We were paying a premium room rate for what I consider to be marginally above budget quality. Ok, it is in Paddington but for the same price you can get much better accommodation nearby. I would suggest you do that. This was not a good experience and I worried about the other bookings I had made for our further travel. This is the only place on our travels which has been a bad experience. I am prepared to pay a reasonable price for good, comfortable accommodation in the 3-4 star level, this is not what I would consider anywhere close to that quality. I cannot recommend this place. Avoid.

Unique Quality: Two of the staff - Shane and Victor. They are the only assets here.

Directions: Close to Oxford St and the Arab area of London

• Great Family Accomodation in London

Serviced apartments, including two adjoining apartments that could be assembled into a reasonably priced (for London) three bedroom apartment.

Unique Quality: Convenient to local shopping, restaurants, Hyde Park, and the Tube. Friendly staff and concierge -

Directions: Between Marble Arch and Lancaster Square on the Tube