Wardonia Hotel

Hotels.com Booking.com Agoda.com

More about Wardonia Hotel

Hotels in London

by free3yourmind about Cheap hotels

We were in London 1 month ago, i reccomend you King's Cross area and Wardonia hotel on Argyle Street, the rooms was quite small ( but this is very common in UK ) but was very clean and quite. We booked it through the website www.europe-hotels.gr that you can search any hotel by location.
Have a nice travel.

Squeeze-On Inn

by Susumarie about Wardonia

We were on the 3rd of 4 floors of the hotel, which has no elevator, the stairway being quite narrow with bends to it, so if you have difficulty getting about, this is not the place for you. The room itself had two twin beds with just enough space between to walk between, and that was it. There was an entry with a bathroom door off the side, which was the only space to open a suitcase, so if you had a suitcase open, you could not come out of the bathroom. The bathroom had a tiny shower stall the same level as the rest of the bathroom floor, so showering meant the entire bathroom was wet. What this equals is very tiny, but it served the purpose; it was clean. There was a TV, but very limited channels; however, we weren't in London to stay in the room or watch TV, so I have to say it suited my needs. If you are looking for luxury, don't go there. If you want a place to sleep, this will meet your needs. I was told after returning to the States that this is in a disreputable neighborhood, but I saw no evidence of streetwalkers or any other dangers, and we were out late at night. There was really no "service" included, no breakfast, no amenities; just very basic hotel stay. A positive for the location: Wardonia is just down the street from Kings Cross train station, which was very convenient for our in and out of London; and was even closer to the tube station, which was our main transportation; also a busstop right there.

The Wardonia opens up a new world for frequent visits to London...

by TripAdvisor Member l00

This place was great, a gem in the heart of London if all you want is a place to sleep at night. I loved the fact I knew exactly what I was getting due to the honest descriptions and although there is no food available there are plenty of places nearby that are open early for a variety of choice for breakfast. The location was excellant and in a very quiet well lit street where I felt very safe walking back at night. The room was very clean... no need for flip flops in the (powerful) shower here! My room was bigger than expected and the bed was extremely comfy. I just took a heating element and mug for a morning brew, borrowed a hairdrier from reception, asked for an extra towel and had a great stay... The only downside for some may be the lack of a lift and narrow staircases but apart from that this budget hotel is fab!

Budget Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member CSNunes

The Wardonia Hotel is a clean and friendly budget hotel. If you are looking for a cheap hotel in London and want it to be ok, menaing clean and en-suite, choose the Wardonia.
The rooms are very small, there are no closets and you cannot fit more then 1 bag in it. The double bed was small, the tv was small and far away. The bathroom was very small with no space to put you toothbrush or shower gel. There is no break in the floor for the shower, no carpet to put your feet and no towel rack. The bathroom floor will be very wet after you shower, so flip a coin to decide who is going to shower first.
The staff were very friendly.
There is no lift, so do not bring many bags ... not many space up the stairs either.
However, the hotel is better than any of the others around as budget hotels, meaning less than 80 GBP a night.

Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member Lycheeice

I just returned from a trip to London, and I have stayed at the Wardonia Hotel for 3 nights. I am a single female traveler, and booked a single room for 40GBP a night. The location is execllent and very close to the tube. I had no trouble finding the place.

The room is small, but the hotel put the dimension on their website, so I give them credit for it. [--]

The bathroom is compact, but at least it was ensuite and very clean. If you don't try to do anything fancy in the bathroom (like trying to shave), and just take a shower you should be fine. Bring a pair of flip flop if you don't like standing in wet floor.

For the amount that I paid, and the amount of time that I actually spent in the room, this is well worth it. There are restaurants in the area so breakfast shouldn't be a problem.

A side notes regarding this area. It has definitely cleaned up, and I felt safe going back to the hotel at night. Also, the tube station is pretty easy to navigate around. Only one flight of stairs so that's a plus. Take the Piccadilly line from the airport. Once you get to the King's Cross station, use the Way Out that's leading to King's Cross, the railway station. Once you exit the gate for the tube, look for the exit for Euston Street (South). At the end of the tunnel way, take the right staircase and get on the street. You'll be on Euston Street, and the first block should be Argyle St. Make a left, and Wardonia hotel is at the end of the block.

Tiny but Cheap!

by TripAdvisor Member GenerationXer

After reading the positive reviews on TripAdvisor, my husband and I booked 4 nights at the Wardonia Hotel on Argyle street. Here are our thoughts:

LOCATION:
Great location! About a minute walk to the Kings Cross/St. Pancras station. [Also, just needed to hop on the Piccadilly line to take us straight to Heathrow airport.] We felt very safe walking around at night and there are some restaurants/grocery stores nearby.

PRICE:
We paid 60 GBP for 2 twins (a double was not available at the time) per night which we found decent.

ROOM:
Extremely tiny!!! [But apparently most budget London hotels are.] The pictures of the rooms on their website definitely look bigger/longer than the actual rooms so we were very surprised when we opened the door! The beds were clean and very comfortable. We barely had room for our luggage (1 piece each) which made it more awkward and tight in the room. There is a small TV in the room but no telephone/alarm clock/hair dryer. The washroom was a combo of shower/sink/toilet. Only a curtain separated the shower from the sink/toilet so the whole washroom floor got wet when you showered.

SERVICE:
Unfortunately, we were not happy with the service of this hotel. First, the evening reception was friendly enough but was not able to answer any of our simple 'tourist' questions: what to do/where to go/restaurants/subway etc. She seemed more clueless than we were!

Second, the morning/afternoon receptionist we found unfriendly and a little rude. Further, we scheduled a 'wakeup call/knock' with her for 4:30am (we needed to get to the airport for 6:30am) and she assured us that someone would wake us up. However, when we followed up with the evening receptionist later on just to make sure, we learned that no message was left for her regarding any wakeup call. It would have been a disaster had we not double checked about our wakeup call!

OVERALL:
Despite the positives that we mentioned about this hotel (price, location...) we would definitely try somewhere else next time we stay in London.

ok

by TripAdvisor Member honeypooh

we just returned from a 6 night stay at the Wardonia and all we can say was that it was super noisy. There is a pub just down around the corner and also teenagers that hang around near the hotel all night till 3-4am 'every' night. When we checked out, there was another lady that wanted to check out early since it was also too noisy.

However, the hotel is very clean. Our room was an ensuite and the all-in-one (with shower amonst the sink and toilet combo) worked well. The security also seemed to be ok as there were cameras in the lobby and stairwells. The hotel staff at night was more helpful than the morning one.

Our original intention was that we only wanted a clean place to sleep after intense touring, but we realized that a noisy yet clean budget hotel doesn't necessarily do the trick.

So if you're thinking about booking here, weigh whether noise makes a difference. If not, definately go for it!

great value

by TripAdvisor Member Signe_7

First of all, do visit Wardonia's website, that should tell you exactly what you can espect of your rooms. The hotel is impeccably clean, the rooms and corridors have been recently refurbished, so there is none of that tiredness you see in the other hotels/b&b's in Argyle Street. As I said, the rooms are VERY tiny, although I was extremely fortunate to get a double room for the price of a single.

The beds are very comfy, brand new mattresses and there was room for my luggage under the bed. Nice, clean blue carpet, large mirror, although my being only 5'3" tall I could only see myself from my neck upwards.

Toilet&shower, again, VERY tiny, as some of the other guests have said, you can use the sink while doing your business. Wonderful shower, I should say better than many people have at home, always hot water available. Every day new towels, two for me as I was in a double room.

Tv signal very good but unfortunately no ITV or Ch4. Spent my evenings watching snooker on BBC (who would have wanted to see the rugby final anyway?).

Locked luggage room very handy for late departures or early arrivals, always someone at reception, very pleasant staff. My room was up only one flight of stairs. The stairs and corridors are very narrow, only room for one at a time although the stairs are not so crooked and high as in the other hotels in the neighbourhood.

No breakfast, this is very clearly stated in the website. Plenty of cafes and takeaways around, though. The location honestly couldn't be better, I have stayed many years in the Kings Cross area (well, actually in Argyle St every time), and there are six tube lines and countless buslines in about two minutes' walk away. The street is unexpectedly quiet for such a location, especially considering that the local pub, McGlynn's (quite lively with the natives) is literally 10 meters away round the corner.

Most of the other people were staying in this hotel only for one or two nights, so I expect they didn't really mind the size of the rooms. I stayed for 4 nights and didn't want to leave, I felt so comfortable.

Hotel Wardonia is such brilliant value that I am booking my next stay there as soon as I know when my spring brake is and bringing Mom and Sis as well.

Cheers, Minni

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Kirsty_Glenn

Great location, located right near tube station. Very clean room. No lift so had to carry 2 suitcases up stairs but for price can't really complain. Pub around the corner has nice meals and is a friendly place to go for a drink.

Great budget hotel

by TripAdvisor Member leopardprinttights

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel when we went down to London to see a gig.

The hotel is very close to St. Pancras train station and King's Cross tube station which was excellent for us.

The rooms weren't massive, but they were comfy and clean and had everything you need for a simple overnight stay.

The staff were friendly and welcoming and the front desk was manned 24 hours.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a simple, cheap and comfortable stay in London.

Comments