YHA St Pancras Hostel London

YHA London St Pancras
Booking.com HostelBookers.com Priceline.com

• rivercalm's Profile Photo

Highly recommendable hostel

I stayed there for 4 days in summer in a four-bed-female dorm en-suite.
    The room was very clean, air-conditioned, no tv. There was even a table with 4 chairs next to window. No possibility to open the window, think due to safety reasons - busy road, noisy - just across the St Pancras train station. Plenty of closet space, nice bathroom.

Breakfast was not included - but if you want, you can always grab something to eat or you can just sit in the evenings and chill while having some drink in the cafe next to the front desk.

Staff was very nice and helpful. I enjoyed my stay there and would def come back!

Unique Quality: very clean, safe, great location

Directions: just across the St Pancras station

• Britannia2's Profile Photo

Near Kings Cross/St Pancras

London hostels operated by the Youth Hostel Association are clean and safe establishments that offer good quality rooms and restaurant facilities.
    I have never stayed here but I have a relative who stays here often and speaks highly of this hostel.
    Very convenient for the nearby main line stations and a 91 bus outside will take you to Trafalger Square or a 205 to Paddington, or the Underground to virtually anywhere in London.
    The front rooms can have a traffic noise problem due to the high volume of traffic on the Euston Road.
    Prices from £20.

Directions: Between Kings Cross/St Pancras and Euston mainline stations on the Euston Road.

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Convenient but noisy!

I usually book into a dorm at this modern hostel whenever I'm in London although recently I've begun staying at alternative accommodation. It's a convenient base to explore central London and it isn't far from The British Library, Russell Square and The British Museum.

The rooms are modern and adequate although the noises from the busy Euston Road is an issue and resulted me having difficulties sleeping. Breakfast isn't usually included and you can pay up to 5 GBP for a breakfast basket.

My Personal Experience: I last stayed in this hostel for the Olympics in July 2012. Unfortunately I had a very unpleasant experience where I was a victim of unfortunate circumstances (I won't go into details here as I don't want to obscure anyone's judgement should they decide to stay there). Because of the experience I will NEVER return to that hostel and will stay in alternative accommodation even if the costs will be significantly higher. My rating now reflects the recent experience I have had and, personally, I would rather sleep on the railway station floor than return there!

Unique Quality: Very central and convenient and a short walk from Kings Cross and St Pancras Railway Stations.

Directions: A short walk from Kings Cross and St Pancras Railway Stations

• Kettleman's Profile Photo

Cheap as chips

Cheap as chips.

I stay after going to evening football matches and it saves a long drive or train ride home.

Never yet managed to get a private room but have been in one of the small dorms and it's okay. ALl the usual problems of the snorers and farters.

Unique Quality: Right in London.

Can only get better when the Eurostar goes from the new glitzy station over the road!

More about YHA St Pancras Hostel London

Budget or free housing in London

by Iris2512

Hi,

A few of my friends and I (all living in Chicago) are thinking of visiting London almost solely for the purpose of studying ancient manuscripts at the British Museum and the London Library. Problem is -- we're just a bunch of poor grad students. I would really appreciate it if someone could give us some tips on where to stay for 3-7 days. We need to be close to these two places in order to minimize travel costs. Is the London Library affiliated with any academic institution? Perhaps we can stay in their dormitory for free or at minimal costs. Any advice will be much appreciated.

RE: Budget or free housing in London

by clevergirl

It is impossible to get free accommodation in (central) London. It is one of the most expensive cities IN THE WORLD so free accommodation is only available to relatives and close friends! Otherwise people have to be subsidising your stay and will be out of pocket. Londoners are v precious about their space (like Manhattanites) cos there is so little of it.
At the YHA, for 4 to 6 person's room, it will cost you about £20 per person per night. Including English breakfast. There are loads of YHA in central London where you will be based. The nearest to British Museum and British Library is YHA London - St Pancras
Address : 79-81 Euston Road
King's Cross
London
England
NW1 2QS
I'm not sure but if you are under 18 I think it's even cheaper, i.e. about £18 a night per person. Good luck. The new extension to the British Library is a beautiful building and I hope you get to check it out.

RE: RE: Budget or free housing in London

by film

A bed in a hostel dorm can be had for less than £10 a night.

There a several in the Bloomsbury area close to the British Museum.

Comments