easyHotel London Earls Court

44-48 West Cromwell Road, Earl's Court, London, SW5 9QL, United Kingdom

More about easyHotel London Earls Court

excellent value & clean - just as expected

by TripAdvisor Member tom_uk69

Me and my other half stayed here for one night on the 19th March. My main wishes were that it was easy to get to and clean; thankfully it scored top marks on both these points.

Getting to it was easy, turn left out of the tube station, walk along the high street, you can either keep going to end of the road and risk your life (like we did!) crossing the busy west cromwell road or more sensibly and recommended use the traffic lights on the other side of the road – they seem like a long was round to get to the opposite side but a lot safer!

We checked in quite late, just after 10pm, which wasn’t a problem. We were greeted by a very pleasant check-in man, given our second towel (as only one was in our room – a bit strange but not a problem) and went off to our 3rd floor room. When we booked we decided to save £8 and took a “small room” without a window – seemed quite strange choosing no window as this is not an option you are usually presented with when booking a hotel room! The room was very small, literally the door to get in, the un-suite and the bed with a space to the right of it to get in – take a look at my pictures, but what more did we need for one nights stay. When we got in we got ready for bed then went to sleep, so no further space required. The bed was a little soft which is the only little moan I have.

The room was very clean, fresh with modern fittings – as I had expected. Other reviewers mentioned problems with noisy air conditioning but ours was almost silent. The un-suite was small but again it was very clean, the towels were soft and clean as well and there was even a handy soap dispenser marked, hair, body, hands – so you could still have a wash if you didn’t have anything. There were small alcoves in the walls in the shower section and by the toilet to store toiletry items. Definitely close the door when showering as I noticed the water was on the door ledge when I cam out of the shower and the door may have been the only thing stopping the water getting into the room. The shower was nice and hot with a steady flow so no complaints.

In the room there were two hooks behind the door and that was it in the way of storage but as we were only there for one night we didn’t need anymore as we took our stuff from our over night bag. It’s worth mentioning the room had two power points. Also, there was a dimmer switch on the wall by the bed controlling the rooms light which was a nice feature.

The vending machine in the hotel offered basic items like crisps & chocolate along with toothbrush & toothpaste & a mini London guide book with hot drinks available at another smaller vending machine in reception.

Check-out was by 10am, it does say in the hotel info, which we got when checked-in, to vacate you room at or before 10am to avoid additional charges but we checked-out at 10.30am with no problem.

The optional TV controller for £5 per night (which is actually disposable!) gives you access to BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, Channel 4, E4, More 4, Film 4, FIVE, BBC24, Sky 3, Sky News, Sports News, History, CBBC, Radio Heart, BBC Radio 1, 2, 3 & 4. We didn’t do this as weren’t in the room long enough to appreciate it.

On check-out we opted to pay £2 for so they could store our bag for the day.

Overall we had a very pleasant stay, we would definitely stay in this and any easyHotel again and were very impressed by the excellent value it offered - £39 for the night in central London. We would probably choose a room with a window next time as we did find this a little disorientating waking up to a pitch black room. The hotel is within 10 minutes walk of the Earls Court Exhibition Centre which we visited as we went to the Ideal Home Show.

What are you complaining about?

by TripAdvisor Member jenj1984

I really don't know what people are complaining about, I thought this hotel was brilliant. I knew exactly what I was getting as the website told me the dimensions, the fact there was no windows etc. The room was small, but like I said I knew this was going to be the case. It was clean and the staff were lovely, excellent location also. The fact that there were no windows meant that me and my sis had a fab nights sleep because it was dark all night and there was very little noise to be heard from anywhere! The only thing I will say is that £5 for the tv to work is a little bit cheeky :) will definately be staying here again.

Spotlessly Clean

by TripAdvisor Member crystal64

We have just returned from staying at the hotel for 4 nights. We had taken the smaller room which was okay it is just like staying in a caravan. The staff could not be anymore friendly.
The only downside were the beds were a bit soft which you can live with for a few nights.
The shower is one of the best I have had in a long time the pressure is great.
Also just round the corner in earls court road there are plenty of shops pubs restaurants. The bistro benitos is lovely and reasonably priced staff friendly. Hope this helps definately go again but to a bigger room.
Oh and lastly the windows do not open which can be a problem if you like fresh air with the heating on to suit everyone.
Great value for money.

Fun for one night only

by TripAdvisor Member taniah

The Easyhotel at Earls court is how you expect it to be, small and orange.

The only problem we had upon check-in was that the receptionist looked at our bags (two large suitcases and two carry on bags for our flight to Australia the next day) and informed us that our large bags would not fit in our room and would have to be stored overnight. This did not bother us (especially when I saw that we were on the 3rd floor) but there does not appear to be a proper luggage storage facility as our bags were still in reception where we left them the following morning.

The room was small (as expected) but everything was clean and functional. As there is no window when you turn the light out it is very dark and there is no sun to wake you up in the morning so make sure you set an alarm. Many of the rooms are up a narrow flight of stairs, so hard for luggage and people with limited mobility.

For one (or two) nights when all you need is a place to sleep and a clean bathroom the Easyhotel is great. It is not far from a Zone 1 tube and close to a supermarket, restaurants and take-away shops. For a longer stay or if you want to actually spend time in your hotel room, pay more and go somewhere with more space.

Make sure you know what you're getting into...

by TripAdvisor Member andrewjst

My wife and I stayed at the Easyhotel in Earl's Court for four nights in late April 2008. We had thoroughly reviewed the hotel website as well as many traveler review sites before booking. Because we knew we would be staying in an incredibly small, no-frills, room, we were not disappointed that this room lacked many amenities and could truly not have been smaller. That said, the hotel met every expectation we had!

The hotel was easy to find upon exiting the Tube station at Earl's Court and was only a short walk away. The front desk staff was friendly and prompt in setting us up with our room. The location was a great one, as it was a short Tube ride away from many city attractions and there were many pubs, restaurants, grocery stores and a pharmacy between the Tube stop and the hotel. At the hotel, there were vending machines with snacks, tea and coffee, and a small internet room - all at a small extra cost. There are televisions in each room, but you must pay to rent a remote to use them.

The room itself was so small that we could not even unpack our bags. When one of us was retrieving items from a suitcase, it was necessary to lift the suitcase onto the bed - while this was going on, the other person either had to be in the bathroom or in the small space right in front of the door. However, we were prepared for this and packed lightly (which is generally always much more convenient when traveling in Europe). The bathroom, like the rest of the room, was tiny, but not uncomfortably so. The two of us both used the bathroom simultaneously in the mornings with no problems, but absolutely no extra space. We paid a bit extra for a room with a window, which we were happy to have - besides from natural light waking us up in the morning, the window helped us to gauge London's spotty weather before we went out each day.

Overall, the room was spotlessly clean, but do keep in mind that there is no housekeeping service unless you pay for it - 10 pounds per cleaning. If we had stayed more than four nights, we certainly would have paid for this service. The rooms were also well-insulated and our room was very quiet except the occasional noise of closing of the heavy room doors.

We only had minor critiques of the hotel. First, the room was not very well ventilated and we found it a bit stuffy on the fourth day (although we weren't in the room for much time at all). Second, the drain in the bathroom sink was not adjustable and was a little slow to drain. The cleanliness of the room outweighed these two factors, though, and neither of them were very bothersome. (We would recommend checking updated reviews in the future to make sure the hotel is still well-maintained.) Be forewarned that we did not see an elevator, so you will have to carry your luggage up numerous flights of stairs.

In conclusion, this hotel was immaculately clean and well-maintained, and offered rooms at 25% the cost of many other London hotels. Its shortcomings compared to other hotels with many services and amenities (and more space) are very obvious and are advertised clearly on the hotel's website. Going into our stay knowing these things, we were extremely content with this hotel and would not hesitate in recommending it to others. However, anyone who books their stay at the Easyhotel thinking they are getting a normal hotel room is in for a real surprise.

Brilliant idea!!

by TripAdvisor Member fillyerboots

This was my first experience with the Easy company. I just need to say that for what we wanted, it was excellent. When going to London we are just looking for a clean, safe and easy to get to bed for the night. This was perfect.

The hotel was easy to book, straight away online. It was easy enough to find, literally 5-10 minute walk from Earls Court tube station. The reception is manned 24 hours a day and the staff are friendly enough.

The room was compact, but it served it's purpose. It was a cute, dinky little room with a bed and a wetroom with a toilet. Most of all it was clean and we felt safe leaving our shopping there as we went out for the evening to the West End.

All this and at just £60 the company have hit on something brilliant. Of course if you want a four poster bed and full breakfast in the morning then this is not for you. However if like us you are just looking for a clean bed for the night in order to rest your head and not wanting to pay a fortune or journey too far outside the centre of London then this is the place for you.

Of course don't all book right away as we'll be wanting to come back again and again!!

Well done Stelios!

Low price and central

by TripAdvisor Member possum2

We stayed two days in May (got home today)
Very satiesfied with the hotel. Great, friendly staff. Very low prices, comfortable bed. The rooms are small, but we stayed at a special needs room that were actually kind of big. Huge bathroom, and more than enough floorspace for all of our bags and suitcases. But beware, the non-special needs rooms are very small. But again, very low prices.
Short way from the hotel to Earls Court tube station (500-600m).
There are no room-service or in-house restaurant\pub, but thats not a problem as you have several restaurants close to the hotel.

I will stay with easyHotel again
A+

Room 8 is the biggest room we're told

by TripAdvisor Member bec_n_craig

Booked in Feb 2008 direct with easyhotels.

Stay April 26 for 6 nights, paid GBP 315 for room with window

Did all the research, so knew what we were getting into. Front desk were lovely and helpful. I asked on check in if I could have the mobility room since we are staying 6 nights, and I was told they had already put me in the largest room they have, room 8.

It was larger than I expected. The window was great although couldnt be opened and we were located right out the front. So unless you like people looking in you would have the curtains drawn alot. Windows werent insulated and it was noisy and sometimes cold.

We paid GBP 20 for wifi access for a week with "Spectrum". I wouldnt reccommend it, it constantly dropped out, and even if you didnt type something for a minute you would have to log in with your username and password again and again. So not the fault of easy hotel, but just a warning.

We had heaps of stuff, 2 large backpacks, 2 small backpacks, a suitbag and shopping bags with stuff (we're moving to London) and found we still had room to move, although it would have been better in such a confined space, to use a bed with a mattress and storage underneath. You can slide things under, but the space could have been better utilised ( should have been designed by the Japanese, they are experts!)

There were only 2 hooks, so many more could be put on, and a shelf here and there.

can't beat it!!!

by TripAdvisor Member gzaczac

this hotel is exactly what i expected!!!!!! small, no frills, but spotless clean with a comfortable bed and high pressure shower. Staff at front desk was genuine and friendly.
Stayed one night, paid 42GBP. a true bargain for a very decent hotel in London!!!!!!!!

No problems with easyhotel

by TripAdvisor Member jenelope

I had no problems with this place. Yes, it was small, but I expected this. The staff were friendly, the room was clean, the price was right. I quite liked the orange of the walls and bathroom. I didn't bother to pay for the TV, but did pay to use the wireless internet. I would happily stay here again!

Comments