Bridge House Hotel

Satisfaction Average

More about Richmond

Spring comes to RichmondSpring comes to Richmond

The Bar.The Bar.

Pond, Richmond Park, Richmond, UK.Pond, Richmond Park, Richmond, UK.

Costa Coffee - outside plane spotting!Costa Coffee - outside plane spotting!

H20 Restaurant

by topkat

I am planning to travel from Vancouver to Gatwick on my husband, Alan's 50th Birthday (Thursday, August 31st, 2006). It is coincidental that I took him to lunch on Thursday, August 31, 1978 (to celebrate the first birthday we spent together!!!)at a restaurant in Richmond and then we walked along the Thames after our meal. (Can't remember the name of the restaurant now -- 28 years later!!!).

Anyway, we emigrated to Canada on his 25th Birthday (1981) and we are due to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary on September 25th!!!

This is a surprise trip for my husband -- he has little idea of anything I have planned for him.

I am hoping that you will be able to make a special surprise for him.

We are due to arrive at Gatwick Airport at 9:20am and will pick up a car at the airport about 11:00 am. Could you please give me directions on how to get to your restaurant by the most direct route from Gatwick. (We haven't been in that area for 25+ years!!!!)

Do you have any specialties of the house? Could you please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thank you very much for your kind assistance.

Catriona Kaufman

RE: H20 Restaurant

by hawkhead

www.h2orestaurant.biz is the website of the restaurant. They list as well as an address, telephone and fax numbers. It is moored next to Richmond Bridge. As to how to get there, try one of the route planners, such as the RAC or AA or www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/gbr/hme/MaHomePage.htm It would be advisable to book a table as the restaurant is popular and gets very busy.

Travel Tips for Richmond

Parking your car

by LondonChris

Richmond is not an easy place to park the car. Either come by tube or train, the river is only a couple of minutes walk fromt the station. Also you can park a mile or 2 away and walk, or get here early!

An interesting sight in Richmond!

by Jenniflower

We have spotted these horses a few times in and around Richmond, and found them to be quite beautiful!

The Metropolitan Police survey areas on horseback often, but no other horses (that we have seen) have this interesting look to them!

These horses were spotted coming out of Richmond Park via Richmond Gate, near sundown.

They are shaved in a geometric design, the bottom half having less hair than the top half.

Apart from being there to keep an eye on the traffic, with this interesting design on the horses, they might very well cause accidents themselves with people looking at the lovely horses!

Flora and fauna ~ exquisite!

by Jenniflower

The plantation is full of all types of flora and fauna.

We are more knowledgable on birdlife, not plantlife, so I couldn’t tell you what this plant is, but we named it the eggplant.

The next one is a Christmas tree of course!

Botanists we aren’t, but we would love to know the proper names. In the meanwhile, they will be referred to as above.

UPDATE: My BIL is getting married… to a botanist who is in charge of the proteas at Kirstenbosch Gardens in Cape Town, South Africa! When they come out to London we will bring her here and see if she knows what they are.

13 JAN 2007 UPDATE: VT member TheWanderingCamel says they are camelia, thank you for that!

An info centre that is open!

by Jenniflower

The Richmond Community & Visitor Information Centre is a mine of information for the keen visitor!

It is based inside the Old Town Hall which also houses the Richmond Museum, the Richmond Library and the little gallery that is within the information centre itself.

Close to the Waterfront, this is a gorgeous piece of architecture... old and well maintained.

We never ventured inside till September 2006, when we had guests form South Africa visiting us, and Dawn was in the hunt for old fashioned postcards of the area!

So we went inside and I was impressed with the friendliness of the lady behind the counter, the array of art and print works on sale (and decently priced too), plus all the books and post cards they had about the local area.

They also had a section of the office where you can find out just about anything about local amenities and what there is to do in the Richmond borough.

An informative and friendly visitor centre – what a pleasure!

Old Town Hall
Whittaker Avenue
Richmond
TW9 1TP
020 8940 9125
info@visitrichmond.co.uk

A website I have found useful for this area is: www.visitrichmond.co.uk

Celebrating the High Tide-31/08/07

by diosh

I planned a meeting t the White Cross pub on Richmond riverside.It was to coincide with the highest tide of the year-which comes up and into the pub garden.
It certainly did its stuff- wonderfully.The water came up to the steps of the pub- the footpath being well and truly under water.
We had a wonderful view from the balcony.I'd booked the upstairs room- so we'd get a good view and could be on our own-just VT'ers up there enjoying the spectacle.
Some local kids actually were paddling , some even swimming in the water covering the footpath!It was like a happy, beach scene!
A certain member-PhilKeen- went so far as to take his shoes and socks off and go paddling!

By the way--waearing our VT stickers, kindly supplied by Pattypoo- we were spotted by a young girl, who'd also been the upstairs room-celebrating a works do.
She came over to us and told us she was also a VT member!What a small world!
We gave her our user names, but I can't remember now who took hers.
If anyone can remember - what is it?

Comments