Arena Approach 3, Horwich, Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL6 6LB, United Kingdom

Premier Inn Bolton - Reebok Stadium
Booking.com Hotelsclick.com eDreams

• chipper99's Profile Photo

3 Night Break in December

Stayed here for 3 nights last week and we were not disappointed. The staff were brilliant, friendly and welcoming from the start and this definitely helps any hotel stay. There isnt much in the hotel but its a Premier Inn so you should know what to expect. It was very clean, room size was adequate, comfy bed and powerful shower. Rooms were also warm but equipped with a thermostat. We liked the Harvester next door and ate there 2 of the 3 nights. Well priced, great staff and very nice food. There is ample free parking also at the hotel. Our only complaint would be that breakfast finished at 9am on the Friday, which didnt suit us as we were there to relaxe and enjoy a short lie in. But there were plenty of alternatives nearby. Will stay here again.

More about Bolton

Civic Centre BoltonCivic Centre Bolton

Bolton AquariumBolton Aquarium

The barThe bar

Plaque showing date of Earl's executionPlaque showing date of Earl's execution

Going from Bolton to Manchester Airport

by siralden

Is there a company that can pick me up at my Hotel in Bolton and take me and my bags to the Manchester Airport?

Or is there a shuttle bus that goes directly?

by leics

I doubt there is a specific company, although a taxi would do it (and be expensive).

You can get trains direct from Bolton to Manchester airport: journey time is around 40 minutes, trains are frequent, single fare 4.60 (2.90 if brought by 6pm the day before). This seems the most sensible option if you don't want to pay a fortune for a taxi (will probably be around 25GBP). www.nationalrail.co.uk for train times and fares (choose the Bolton & Manchester airport options in the search boxes)

by carlrea

You can get a train from Bolton to Manchester airport direct

by leics

That's what I said in January! :-)

Travel Tips for Bolton

Bolton Wanderers - "The Trotters"

by steventilly

Football - soccer to our American friends. Bolton are currently in the top flight (the Premier League) and I hope they can stay there. The setup at their stadium ("The Reebok Stadium") is great - not only is it a good looking stadium, but it has a shopping park right on its doorstep - something for the good lady to do while us lads are at the match!
There's even a hotel built into the stadium (see seperate tip). None!

Gyms

by steventilly

There's a lot of Gyms in and around Bolton - including a branch of our Gym "David Lloyds". We like to visit other branches while we're away so we visited this one on the Sunday afternoon. It was almost empty for some reason, which was really nice - ours is often uncomfortably full.
These gyms have everything - tennis, badminton, weights, aerobic machines, swimming (indoor and out), sauna, bar & restaurant. A daytrip in its own right! lol Shorts, T-shirt, Trainers, Swimwear.

Turton Tower

by ettenaj

I dont know too much about this "tower" only that in the summer months they have had re-enactments there, with people dressed in authentic clothing carrying muskets etc, with court jesters and maidens. Thats all I can tell you, and that it has a small cafe.

Hall I' Th' Wood - Interior I

by steventilly

The hall is filled with old furniture, pictures and so on that all have some local connection. Unlike most museums in this one you CAN touch some of the exhibits - they are clearly marked as to what you can and can't touch. That's nice, because I love textures and can't resist to touch most things.

Take a stroll

by ettenaj

Moses Gate Country Park, nice at any time of year for a quiet stroll around one of the 3 lakes or sit and watch the wildlife. Lovely walks eirther down by the river or along the canal bank, where many a fisherman has sat for a long afternoon!!

Comments