Blue Rainbow Apartments

41 Whitworth Street West, The Lock Building, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M1 5BD, United Kingdom
Blue Rainbow ApartHotel - Manchester Central
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Blue Rainbow Apartments

Very good

by TripAdvisor Member techcastoni

Blue Rainbow Apartments offer great apartments for short stays in Manchester. The apartments are way better than what a hotel typically offers. You don't just get a room...it literally is a whole apartment to yourselves.

You won't get the grand lobbys or fine dining room service that you get from a hotel, but what they save there they put in to the apartments. You get a nice spacious apartment with big windows offering views of the city.

Some people have stated that the apartments do get quite warm. This is true, however the bedroom did have an air-cooler and the windows do open in the living space/kitchen area. Bathroom does get very humid and there wasn't any ventilation. These weren't too big a deal though and didn't ruin the stay.

Overall the stay was great. On arrival the apartment was clean with bathrobes and towels ready for use. There was milk, bread and a breakfast basket and ground coffee/instant/Twinnings tea box in the kitchen.

If you plan on coming to Manchester or need to stay for a few nights. Blue Rainbow get my recommendation.

Amazing apartment, excellent value!

by TripAdvisor Member Lisa094

I booked the one bed apartment through last minute.com as a "top secret" hotel for the bargain price of £84, having searched online and found rooms available from £87-229 per night. In my opinion, the apartment was superior to some 5* hotels i've stayed in, and like staying in a suite for a fraction of the price!

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for one night, to break up the journey home from the Lakes. The hotel is perfect for chilling out in, as there is a kitchen with everything you need, including a dishwasher and washer-dryer - even the detergent is included. There is no mini-bar or room service, but a huge complimentary breakfast tray with croissants, bread, jam, cereals, fresh coffee and a choice of over 10 twinings teas. In the fridge find bread, milk, butter and orange juice provided - and luxurious Blue rainbow biscuits and chocs! If you don't feel like cooking, you will find a menu from City Servants in your info pack - a take away service with a difference, choose from the menu's of Chinese, Japanese, Indian and Italian restaurants, and for only a small charge have the meals delivered to your room.

The apartment was absolutely spotless, but let down by filthy external windows - that had inspired a previous occupant to draw a smiley face in the dirt. It didn't bother me; I just kept the lovely curtains drawn. There are good quality toiletries in the bathroom, big fluffy towels and bath robes and a comfy bed - the rubber ducks and (fake) roses scattered around are a nice touch.

After cooking a meal and getting my washing done (great not to have to do it when I got home), we settled in front of the flash 42" TV, and paid £15 to have unlimited access to the pay per view movies and music, which included some great blockbuster films not yet released on DVD.

We had a great night in, but just five minutes walk away is the Comedy Club and some trendy bars and restaurants. We parked in the secure hotel cap park for £6, which we reserved in advance. The NCP is one minute's walk from the hotel, and costs about £8 for 24 hours. The hotel is about 15 mins walk from the city centre.

Overall we found the aparthotel to be luxurious, spacious and quiet. On the downside, the apartment is very hot, but with he window open in the living room we were fine, and there is an air-cooler in the bedroom, and a spare fan in the boiler cupboard. Tip: we found that the spotlights in the bedroom generated a lot of heat, so kept them off when possible.

I usually like to try different hotels, but we were so impressed that we will definitely stay here again in the future.

A Hotel with Dodgy Dealings...

by TripAdvisor Member Genie009

We would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE! When my husband and I arrived at the hotel, we found the balcony door broken. Mohammed, the guy on night duty, was really miserable and made us feel guilty for notifying him about the balcony door on arrival.

That evening we ordered a £15 TV package for unlimited movies. There were not many movie choices and certainly not worth the money. To make things worse, the hotel adjusts the TV volume so that we could barely hear at all! Total disappointment!

Few days after checkout we were charged £40 on our credit card with no advance notice. When we called to enquire, Steve (the duty manager) said we had broken a vase on the table!! We could not believe it as we did not even sit at the table! For all we know, it could have been housekeeping that broke the vase. He was very unhelpful and refused to give contact details for the regional manager. We knew at this point that the hotel was DODGY!

We finally got hold of John (the regional manager) and he was worse. He told us that the maids found it broken and they have photographic evidence. We asked John to send this evidence (with date and time recorded) to us...it has now been nearly 3 weeks since the incident and we are still waiting for the evidence that they obviously do not have!

We have now reported this to Trading Standards - the hotel staff are totally unprofessional, and have no shame...5 STAR??? What a joke!

Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member rosa_alba

I wish I'd found these apartments sooner. All these years visiting Manchester, I can't believe I've been paying through the nose for some poky bedroom with a shower when I could've had a spacious, tastefully decorated apartment all to myself for roughly the same price! The staff were friendly and helpful and the flat itself was immaculate. I loved the Japanese atrium in the centre too.
I have to think pretty hard about any minus points but the 'city view' apartment I was promised turned out to overlook the river and a bit of wasteland with gasometers in the distance. Not much of the city there. But hey, some people find that kind of 'rawness' awe-inspiring! Oh and ringing the front doorbell to be allowed in gets a little annoying after a while. It'd be nice to have a key. But these are very minor quibbles. The price was great, the location was perfect - close enough to the shops and bars and still far enough from the noise and traffic - and the flat was spotless and bright and very comfortable. The huge TV, the large bath and the secure underground parking were huge pluses as well! Highly recommended. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Manchester again.

fantastic !

by TripAdvisor Member dsun

Great apartments , a home away from home ,booked a apartment through last minute.com for £186 for 2 nights , when we got there we got upgraded to the premium 2 bed which was double the price , BARGAIN ! aprtment very spacious huge balcony and nice tv and kitchen service , two downsides was parking directions when we got there and checked in and the online food service via nosh up which you order yourself through the 24 hr tv internet service very modern and well presented , WILL stay here again quite but very nicely located in the middle of the city centre, everything you need when you get there , breakfast basket with a lifetime supply of coffee's and twinning tea's loaf of bread and a bottle of milk just what you need when you arive ! *****recomended !

Well stocked breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member Suzibanter

Slightly tentative after reading reviews but at £100 + cheaper a night than The Place, decided to give it a go. We booked a 2 bed 2 bath apartment, great views over the city. Finding it was easy, parking was great, right next tothe entrance and lifts. Quick check in. Apartment was on the 9th floor and we had great views. Cleanliness second to none. Very large towels, bathrobes and good selection of toiletries. The breakfast welcome basket was excellent. Plenty of cereal, teas, coffees, butter, jams, biscuits, chocolates, croissants, juice, milk, bread, even satchets of sauce. Kitchen was well equipped and everything worked.
Location wise, will be better when all the other apartments and surrounding buildings are complete, but it's in the middle of everything, 5 minutes walk from all the restaurants and bars. The only downside is the heating is hard to control. Overall we thought it was excellent value and will use it again.

Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member ReK3

A truly fantastic stay for anyone who wants luxury on a budget, and who wants the minimum fuss with the maximum benefit.

I'm used to 5 star service and facilities, but Blue Rainbows takes comfort to another level!!! TWO ensuite bathrooms (which is unheard of in a hotel, let alone a flat), it was by far the cheapest option for two people who wanted seperate bedrooms in down-town manchester.

The breakfast basket they provided lasted us for a week actually, when we had only booked for one night!!! It was HUGE! I really loved staying that this hotle, as it was rather incognito, but yet at the same time, it felt like a home away from home.

Loved the decor, the location, the services,...and did i mention that after a lovely hot bath, with a cup of Twinings Mint Tea, and a hot croissant (all provided by Blue Rainbows), I checked my e-mail on a gigantic flat screen TV in the lounge. At that moment, I was in heaven.

Do stay there, you will be bowled over by what you get for the price you pay!!!

-I'm going back to Manchester.

just fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member srh70

we stayed in room 9116 on 2nd till the 6th November. It was just fantastic. The apartment was stunning. Me and my better half read numerous reviews and was not sure what to expect. The apartment was great. The reception staff were really helpfull and the food we had delivered was lovely. You are so close to the shops and very secluded so the stay was all the more special.
We bought dvds whilst up their and candles for the evenings and with the 42inch tv it was a lovely. The rooms were not to hot and we foun
d the touches of the ducks and the roses really nice.
I would recommend this to anyone and you will enjoy this stay without a doubt.
We only had one issue, that was the sink leaked, we notified reception and this was fixed within 4 hours. We cant complain about that.
We recommend booking the biggest apartments as they are not alot more money but worth it

Great place, a little far from the city center though

by TripAdvisor Member MN_SF

I stayed here for one night late last year, and I'm really glad I did.

It was very modern, clean, and spacious.

The only drawback is that it's about a 10 to 15 minute walk into Central Manchester, other that that I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

Oh yeah: take a print out of directions on how to get there. It wasn't that easy.

Brilliant hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Becky100

We loved this hotel - it's walking distance to the city centre (takes about 15 minutes), and 2 minutes walk from the GMEX metro stop. There's a large lounge/diner/kitchen with big TV, as well as bedroom and bathroom. The breakfast package was great and we cooked one night in the lovely kitchen which was a good money saver. The staff were friendly and helpful, keeping our luggage for us the morning we arrived and the afternoon we left. The only downside was the shower - it was fine on the first morning but the other two mornings it was just a dribble.

Overall we had a brilliant stay and would stay there again in an instant, I hope they expand soon to other cities!

Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester, UK.Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester, UK.

The singing mooseThe singing moose

John Rylands LibraryJohn Rylands Library

Tucking into Lovely Food at The WellingtonTucking into Lovely Food at The Wellington

One day in Manchester

by Nero1

Hello Everyone,

Any suggestions on how my girlfriend and I should spend this Sunday in Manchester? We'll be arriving Saturday evening (first time in Europe) and leaving Monday morning.

The weather is calling for rain all weekend, so we (I) were thinking of visiting Old Trafford in the morning (I'm a United fan), and then taking the bus to the Trafford Center in the afternoon. Any good restaurants around the area? ...not too expensive.

Also, what are my chances of getting a pair of tickets for Manchester United's game against West Ham? They are sold out on-line...I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks all.

by jayhawk2000

The Trafford Centre is nice, a bit cramped by American shopping mall standards, but with a Las Vegas feel to it with all the fountains and themes. However, the shopping in the city centre is just as good and the Arndale Centre there is probably larger. Both are full of eateries. Bear in mind shopping hours on a Sunday are from 11 or so till 5 or 6 (a shop can be open 6 hours max on a Sunday).

Personally I would stay in the city centre looking around the cathedral area with some very good pubs (some of the city's oldest buildings), popping into Urbis (free museum/gallery with funky shop), the Triangle (lovely old building full of posh shops), the Printworks (mainly eateries and nightclubs), the aforementioned Arndale (recently expanded, it's huge), into Selfridges and/or Harvey Nichols (right across from each other), down through St Anns Square with its church, down King Street (a lovely lane with more shops) and finally the Town Hall on Albert Square (plus possibly the City Art Gallery nearby). And when the shops close it's time to hit the pubs..or Chinatown..or Canal Street..which will be far more fun than trailing out on the bus through the wastes of Salford to see a shopping mall on the expressway! ;)

As for Old Trafford, it's worth a look if you're a fan I suppose, but if there is a match on it is absolutely heaving whether you go by tram or bus so expect to put up with a lot of rowdy drunk fans. Probably the best way of seeing the match is by finding a pub showing it on the big screen (plenty of those to chose from in the city centre).

Happy trails!

by Nero1

Thanks Jayhawk.

Excellent advice. I agree that exploring the city would be a much better option, and that was the original plan. However, it's supposed to rain all weekend so I mentioned the Trafford Center because we didn't want to be drenched from walking around in it all day.

I think I'll take your advice about watching the game at a pub. I don't want to spend my first visit to England dealing with drunk fans...although I may be one of them.

Thanks again!

by jayhawk2000

No worries...it is Manchester after all, so a spot of rain now and then is all we can expect. But have a think about a walkabout because it's only 5 minutes from the Town Hall to the Arndale, with lots of shops/pubs/etc to duck into along the way. Besides, you can impress all your friends at home by telling them about how you spent your first day splashing around in English rain ;)

Happy trails wherever you roam!

Comments