City Inn Manchester

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about City Inn Manchester

Fantastic city Inn Manchester

by TripAdvisor Member kackymac

My stay at the City Inn Hotel was Fantastic!

The staff were very attentive.

The Room was excellent, loved the free internet access and Freeview.

Breakfast in the morning was great value for money

And they do the best Lime and Sodas at the bar

Nice hotel but too noisy

by TripAdvisor Member Englandish

Stayed in this hotel a couple of weeks ago. It is pretty new, which is very nice and it is located close to the train station although it is a bit puzzling to find it.
Check in was very quick, the room very nice and modern, a double room for single occupancy, which gave me more space. Tea and coffee making facilities are a nice touch and is provided plentyfully.
Bathroom brand new, I agree with one review, that the shower door doesn´t close properly. You have shelves in the bathroom where you can put your stuff which is usually not the case in most English Hotels.
Negative point: the room doors close very noisy. So if you are a bit sensitive or have headache and need rest and sleep this is not the place for you. Of course you could close the doors quietly but mostly people just get out of the room and don´t have their hand on the door knob to get power out of the shutting. I never ever had experienced that smashing of doors in a hotel. And if your floor is quite busy you can hear this all the time.
Breakfast was alright: Buffet style and cooked items from the menue card. Just the porridge I can´t recommend. It was awful: the oat flakes didn´t mingle with the milk, they almost weren`t cooked, so they arrived being on the bottom of the bowl and the hot milk on the top.
Overall: I would stay here again when I don´t need a quiet room!

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member shortpiece

I thought that the hotel was fantastic. The staff were extremely helpful and polite. The rooms were a really good size and just great, lovely views of the city. The breakfast was fantastic value for money and the food was great.
I definately will be going again.

Erin Kemal

The Best Hotel in Manchester!!!

by TripAdvisor Member AnneCelia

This hotel is by far the best hotel in Manchester.
Whilst studying my degree in Manchester I stayed in Many hotels in Manchester City Centre and even worked in one of the top ones but The City Inn is the most impressive.
The rooms are spacious, luxurious and immaculate and with the power shower, internet access, tv and radio you feel right at home.
The staff were very helpful and always at hand if you needed them- but not in that annoying way! Nothing was too much trouble!
The breakfast was AMAZING!! Please try the crumpets/maple syrup and bacon!! Strange combination I know but it is very tastey.
The bar was really relaxing and tranquil, great for couples, or a group of friends or een a business meeting. This hotel has it all!!
I will definately be staying here again!!
10/10!

City Inn is fantastic!!

by TripAdvisor Member EasterbunnyMcr

This hotel really did deliver!! Staff were friendly, efficient and helpful!! Not at all pretencious like other Manchester hotels I have stayed in.

The room was clean, bright and airy with fantastic facilities, especially the IMAC! The bathroom was clean and stunning.

Hotel bar prices and room service were not too expensive and the breakfast menu is to die for!!

An absolutely fantastic stay and already recommended to all my friends!!

First Class

by TripAdvisor Member jax11ard

This is a fabulous city centre hotelThe rooms are spotlessly clean and the staff polite and attentive without being " in your face ".The special little touches are pleasing i:e bathrobes and internet access ( free) in all rooms.If I want to be really picky the only thing I could fault was that the room was quite dark,however this is not the first hotel room that has this problem.

Great Location and great service

by TripAdvisor Member PaulineT

Just stayed for 1 night at the City Inn on a special double room rate £89 including full English breakfast for 2.

Good location near Picadilly station - parking nearby is pricey but I am assured that they will have their own car park soon.

Reception desks look like an airport check in, staff in uniform just waiting to help you!! And this is the order of the day at this hotel - service is impeccable.

Clearly a lot of thought has been given to the styling of the bedrooms. Lots of really good touches - White Company toiletries, bathrobes, real milk in the fridge, Apple Mac computer/TV, air con, iron and ironing board, filter coffee, Duchy Original bicuits etc. etc - you get the picture.

breakfast was a delight - service especially good and breakfast beautifully cooked and presented. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Great Location and Excellent Service

by TripAdvisor Member nickswlon

Great hotel in the centre of Manchester next to Piccadilly Station. Room was great and bed was comfortable. Bar service was very friendly and the breakfast was tasty and hot.

Only downside was the TV - I had to use the instruction manual to get it to work.

My stay was great !!!

by TripAdvisor Member Pampidoux

I read some reviews that said the hotel was great and that people enjoyed the MAC computers. Since I have a mac and did not feel like travelling with mines I decided to book there.
I made use of an autumn special (£95) which was just perfect. I could check in early and check out late (4pm !) and a free glass of champagne. It is so close to the train station, just step outside on the bus side, cross the street and your are there. You can walk back to the train station and grab the free bus into town.
I found it easy to use the computer which also functioned as TV, CD and DVD player. It did malfunction once or twice, but I just turned it off and started it again and it worked fine. One could borrow free DVD and CD downstairs.
Bed was comfy, shower (no baths) clean and enough space in my room. I did ask for a room in high numbers and got one on the 9th floor. Very quiet.
I was going to use the City Inn Birmingham due to my good experience in Manchester but the prices there are more dearer £170 per night. Check Aston Business School hotel in Birmingham.

Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member Suziewuzie

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for his birthday. We wanted to be near the shops and nightlife, which we were - our room looked right down onto Canal Street which was great.
I booked through lastminute.com and was thrilled to find that we'd been upgraded to a a City Room - through the hotel website it cost around £30 more than a standard room, and is worth the money. We had huge corner windows, looking down onto bustling Canal Street, free mineral water and fruit, and vouchers for a free drink in the hotel bar - I took advantage and got a £10 cocktail with mine!
I loved sitting on the comfy chairs in the big windows, drinking coffee and watching all the people down below. It was great!
The room itself was gorgeous, very modern, clean and crisp looking. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was gorgeous. We were glad to have the bathrobes to lounge in while we were ironing our clothes.
The TV/PC was excellent, although it did freeze at one point and we had to ring down to reception to get someone sent up to sort it out.
The Mini Bar was very reasonable - £2.95 for a bottle of beer, which was alot cheaper than most of the clubs we went into that night.
Room service was nice, quick, not as expensive as I'd expected.
There's a great range of tea's and coffee's. A big mirror which folds away when you aren't using it - so great for doing make up in.
I could go on forever about how much I loved this hotel. I've stayed in some much more expensive one's before in Manchester, but now I won't book anywhere else. I had planned to stay at Mal Maison, but it was booked up, and I'm glad actually!

Cheap, luxurious, great bar, great location - I could've happily stayed in my room all night and took advantage of the DVD library!

Comments